Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone definitely shot Hamilton's dog
The only good things he has to say about our Club relate to old Brisbane players
Poor old Marcus
Well done Andrew Raines
Truth is we're miles ahead of Brisbane
He knows it and he hates us for it

Caro Ashcroft knows he's gone as footy boss. What sort of job will he do for us come trade period

Triple M claiming Hinkley turned the Suns offer down.
Thanks for wasting everyone's time Kenny.

Finally got the reason why Rocket didn't play Will Brodie much this year.
Rocket was on Sen Breakfast this morning and a caller asked him why he did play Brodie much this year.
Rocket said he a very talented lad and that the modern generation fans/supporters wants everything now.
He Said Will works hard and he likened him to Sydney's Josh Kennedy when he started had a big body wasn't quick hasn't got a big tank so it going to take time to build on that.
Rocket when on to say he's going to be a star in 3-4 years.

What i take from that is Rocket was doing the right thing by not rushing him like Guy McKenna did with swallow and just destroying his body to early in his career

Finally got the reason why Rocket didn't play Will Brodie much this year.
Rocket was on Sen Breakfast this morning and a caller asked him why he did play Brodie much this year.
Rocket said he a very talented lad and that the modern generation fans/supporters wants everything now.
He Said Will works hard and he likened him to Sydney's Josh Kennedy when he started had a big body wasn't quick hasn't got a big tank so it going to take time to build on that.
Rocket when on to say he's going to be a star in 3-4 years.

What i take from that is Rocket was doing the right thing by not rushing him like Guy McKenna did with swallow and just destroying his body to early in his career
I've been banging on about this for a couple of years
All the "play young X +Y now" people
Please
Just so you know I rate you with the don't kick backwards crowd
We destroyed a generation of young footballers by playing them against men
If you are a student of modern sports science you'll glean fairly early on that 18-19yo's should play about 6 games of senior footy in their first year developing into full time players within 2-3 years
It always amuses me that people thought Rocket didn't have a clue
I think in terms of training, man management and culture he was outstanding
What did surprise me about him was his lack of game day agility
Thought he'd be better

Please
If you are a student of modern sports science you'll glean fairly early on that 18-19yo's should play about 6 games of senior footy in their first year developing into full time players within 2-3 years
Thought he'd be better

Yeah...Michael Tuck played 50 reserves games....Dipper played 99..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please
Thought he'd be better
I used to read pieces (I think Robert Walls penned one) of how when Rocket was greener in coaching the elder blokes of the day would say he would always be trying things out and mixing it up in order to learn more about the game structurally.

I guess it's something that disappeared with experience because it didn't seem to happen too much here. A shame.

Please
Thought he'd be better
Totally agree with everything you said.
Although I thought Rocket was ok on game day, I just think the players let him down especially the one left over from the McKenna days. Those players are just mentally weak and just crumble under any type of pressure and totally forgot structures and gameplay, now you mix that with a lack of on field leadership there's nothing a coach can do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please
Thought he'd be better
Reckon his “game day agility” was severely hampered by injuries / lack of cattle and continuity of the best 25 players.

Just show how crap our club is,can't ever bother getting someone in to do some media training with our co-captain

Gazza is the worst in front off camera. That's when he's not running or hiding from it.
You know yeah the boys you know sticking to the you know structures you know yeah.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gazza is the worst in front off camera. That's when he's not running or hiding from it.
You know yeah the boys you know sticking to the you know structures you know yeah.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Like that speech he gave to the boys , I think it was for his 300th something like “Yeah so ... Let’s keep going to win a premiership....” :rolleyes:, he didn’t even sound like he believed the words coming out of his own mouth.

The courier mail is part of the same company as the herald sun. It's just an agenda by the media to talk negatively about the sun's.
It's a shame these reporters have to twist words around and push people down to make headlines and click bait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back