Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Territorian Ned Stevens is already impressing at Gold Coast Suns Academy after making move
NATHANIEL CHAMBERS, NT News
February 26, 2021 6:37pm
The 195cm player possesses the skills to play in both the forward line and ruck, with leaping one of his key assets, something that would come as no surprise to anyone who knows his basketball background.

“It’s exciting to have these good opportunities that I have down here. I’m really enjoying it,” Stevens told the NT News.
“Getting to train with all the AFL boys has been great. I’ve done a bit of training with the side and the level is obviously higher with them which has been good.
“I’ve been here for about a month now and I’m enjoying it.
“The lifestyle here is great, it’s much cooler than Darwin and I’ve even been trying to surf.
“Basketball helped my development a lot jumping all the time, and helped my ability to read the play.
“Playing in the AFL had always been a dream of mine and this was a great opportunity for me, though I still love playing basketball.”

“As part of our talent pathway program, Territory prospect Ned Stevens ... will play a mix of games with Labrador in QAFL, NT Thunder, Suns Academy and possibly our VFL side. He is also part of the AFL under-19 National Academy.

Gold Coast Suns mid Matt Rowell details why he will even harder to handle in 2021 AFL season and Izak Rankine goes down with injury

“For me it’s all about having a strong, consistent year and showing people that I can do it for a full season,” Rowell said.
“I had a few good games and was happy with them and now I want to be able to do it for a full season.

“I took a more holistic approach to my shoulder rehab. I focused a lot on my legs in the gym.
“Hopefully that will pay dividends this season. I feel stronger physically in my lower body.
“It’s important on the inside as a midfielder to have a strong base and I have improved in that aspect.”
The added strength will also allow Rowell to handle the increased attention he expects to get from rivals who started to target him in his last few games of 2020.
“I’ll be prepared for it. I’m not focusing on getting any more attention to be honest.
“I’m going out there and playing my natural game. It doesn’t affect me too much if someone comes to me, I’ll be ready.

I like this quote :)
King says he's "lucky" to be in a team with such exciting young players.

"I think I'm even more excited than the public.

"I get to train every day with these blokes. Seeing how far Noah (Anderson) and others have come so far, it's incredible, they're going to be great players."

If you follow them on Instagram, they look like a tight group and always hanging out together. They must of realised what we got at the moment, sounds like they love the Gold Coast and want to commit. Just need to take the next step this year and win more often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Usually a very calm and cool collected sort of bloke. So it was nice to see he has that fire in him
Yeah, all the great coaches have that. You need to be able to get something from the players. I liked it.
Didn't work. But even he admitted after the game. No point in yelling again, as they were cooked

I did no see it but I am bit disappointed that Dew chose this moment to fire up. No point. I did not have to be in the room to see that the team was absolutely cooked. It was culmination of insane schedule (4, 5, 6, 4) vs Carlton (6, 6, 9, 6).

I would rather like to see him going nuts during GWS and Lions games (maybe he did?) when we were very ordinary with no excuse after long breaks.

I did no see it but I am bit disappointed that Dew chose this moment to fire up. No point. I did not have to be in the room to see that the team was absolutely cooked. It was culmination of insane schedule (4, 5, 6, 4) vs Carlton (6, 6, 9, 6).

I would rather like to see him going nuts during GWS and Lions games (maybe he did?) when we were very ordinary with no excuse after long breaks.
or Essendon

You can be cooked and still show effort. The boys didn't and where rightfully baked.

or Essendon
Why would he have gave them a spray when we where the better team all night and just made a few mistakes at the end?? The effort was there in that game.

You can be cooked and still show effort. The boys didn't and where rightfully baked.
Disagree. I watched the game twice and the last thing on my mind was that the boys did not show effort. They had nothing left in the tank while Carlton were fresh. They were fatigued from the beginning and as as result they were second to contest and it went from there. In my opinion, they tried hard and did not give up. That was their 4th game in 19 days.

Did players respond to Dew's spray? No (and I don't think he lost players). They played the same way the whole game. You don't flog a dead hoarse. I still think it was a mistake on Dew's part. He misread it.

Disagree. I watched the game twice and the last thing on my mind was that the boys did not show effort. They had nothing left in the tank while Carlton were fresh. They were fatigued from the beginning and as as result they were second to contest and it went from there. Im my opinion, they tried hard and did not give up. That was their 4th game in 19 days.

Did players respond to Dew's spray? No (and I don't think he lost players). They played the same way the whole game. You don't flog a dead hoarse. I still think it was a mistake on Dew's part. He misread it.
Agree to disagree then, I think while they where fatigued and tired the work rate and effort wasn't at the standard we where expecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back