Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Collingwood is ...? ? If we're irrelevant so are they.
We're just a safe go to story for the Vic media ...as no one argues our case ever.
Great point, hopefully when Barlow goes full time in the media he can be that guy. I hate the saying "what do they stand for?" If you are winning you stand for something if your are losing you don't. They said the same for Melbourne now they are winning you don't hear it any more. The guy who says it sounds like someone that doesn't watch us play and just comes out with a generic line. Actually analyzing our performances is much better but probably won't get article clicks.

I suggested something similar earlier this year and got chewed out for it? Apparently it's not the way to motivate individuals... sure works for team sports from my experience though.
True apparently millennials struggle with feedback if it's not about how wonderful they are ( we parents have bit to answer for )

Surely there's an app Rocket can have one of his kids download on how to communicate with the me me me generation? if not I might have to develop one, I'll call it "harden up you *en soft pea hearted campaigners"

True apparently millennials struggle with feedback if it's not about how wonderful they are ( we parents have bit to answer for )

Surely there's an app Rocket can have one of his kids download on how to communicate with the me me me generation? if not I might have to develop one, I'll call it "harden up you ****en soft pea hearted campaigners"
Is it the Y Generation? Why should I lay a tackle? Why do I have to win the contested ball? Why do I have to shepherd for my teammates? Why doesn't someone else do it?

So neither David or Fiorini have any doubt deanwhy they can't concentrate for 120 min a week ffs they clearly have no direction and don't know what to do to address the slide. * me this an absolute indictment on Rocket, they should all know what the issue is and their responsibility in different situations. No wonder we are a basket case

What a load of rubbish
This video says it all about the state of the club
Using players to peddle lies to promote ones own needs. After 7 years no one is buying it.
The Gold Coast Suns have many stakeholders.
It's not all about a few individuals in the footy department. This video stinks of desperation.
Let the review take its natural course and stop trying to manipulate the process.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What a load of rubbish
This video says it all about the state of the club
Using players to peddle lies to promote ones own needs. After 7 years no one is buying it.
The Gold Coast Suns have many stakeholders.
It's not all about a few individuals in the footy department. This video stinks of desperation.
Let the review take its natural course and stop trying to manipulate the process.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep stinks of a group who have a build their own little empire and are now desperate to save it.

Yep stinks of a group who have a build their own little empire and are now desperate to save it.
They have no choice but to say the answers that the club want them to give. It must be excruciating for the players that can think for themselves

And now I just watched it-he seemed to hate every moment of that press conference and I don't think he believed what he was saying.

I'd suggest given the lack of passion in his answers the players privately can't wait for the clean out.

Last edited:
just listening to the 2 guys 1 cup podcast with will Anderson and his suggestion to bring Luke hodge to the Gold Coast sun's is brilliant. A little crazy but exactly what the club needs.

just listening to the 2 guys 1 cup podcast with will Anderson and his suggestion to bring Luke hodge to the Gold Coast sun's is brilliant. A little crazy but exactly what the club needs.
Sorry should elaborate the proposal is to have hodge as a playing coach like the old days. And play when needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't imagine a world where David Swallow is the ringleader of a toxic footballing culture, surely you are not suggesting that
No absolutely not.
I mean some in the football dept. I'm so over the rubbish Eade puts out in Press Conferences as well it's just a blah blah merry go round of rubbish excuses.

Yep. Posted a while ago about the lack of on-field leadership at critical stages.
Has not improved since the 2014 post-Pies debacle to finish the season.
Too many cases again this year. The first quarter against the Lions, the GWS game, the China game, the 1st half against the Blues. Same old same old.

Really need some hard nut leaders for on-field.
We just might have too many good guys, quiet guys, and off-field leaders, not enough guys who are either "get on board and follow me" or dead-set mongrels. Ainsworth might be one. Need a few more.

Every time Rocket says "it's no excuse but.." he's giving them an excuse.

Rocket is the main problem with getting the culture right. It's an evolution, Rocket did the required off field changes, now it's time for a new Coach that galvanised the group into being mean and hard at it.
I agree. His best work was done eliminating the toxic culture that we had with McKenna as coach, but he's not the man to take us forward. His obvious lack of a solid game plan and no plan B or C is what frustrates me the most. Never adjusts anything when other teams have worked us out - which is almost always.

Every time Rocket says "it's no excuse but.." he's giving them an excuse.

Rocket is the main problem with getting the culture right. It's an evolution, Rocket did the required off field changes, now it's time for a new Coach that galvanised the group into being mean and hard at it.

You've contradicted yourself.

Rocket was brought in to fix our culture, which he has done.

Hes got us to this point now..

Is he the man to probably lead us into our next stage, probably not.
You cant knock the man for bringing our group from where it was to where it is now.

You've contradicted yourself.

Rocket was brought in to fix our culture, which he has done.

Hes got us to this point now..

Is he the man to probably lead us into our next stage, probably not.
You cant knock the man for bringing our group from where it was to where it is now.

I give him credit for the off-field standards he has set. That will be his legacy and it's a vital one.

No contradiction though. He gives the excuses for losing matches and they get followed. Off field well done Rocket. On field not good enough.

Regime change now required

Last edited:
I give him credit for the off-field standards he has set. That will be his legacy and it's a vital one.

No contradiction though. He gives the excuses for losing matches and they get followed. Off field well done Rocket. On field not good enough.

pretty much it in a nutshell Bods
He has reached his potential as a change artist and now its time to get a football coach and strategist in who is ahead of the curve, can grow young players and can unite a team into a winning culture, for me the warning signs with Rocket were when he started he took a very hands off tone with the player group, his language was very much I am the "fixer" and he didn't place himself in the playing group as part of it like Bolton or Longmire or Clarko. I think that's cost him long term as he has always had a disconnect with the players and hasn't stamped a signature style or toughness on them. Remember he came from probably the toughest and hardest team ever, that era of the Hawks in the '80's so he knows all about what it takes to walk the walk.

Well you did..

You say he is the cultural problem but then said he fixed it.

But agree with you, his shelf life has expired..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back