AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Last edited:
19 players for DRAFT SC to date .....would expect more interest after Xmas

Leaning towards a 12 team League x 15 players .....no Capt's

Taking the advice of regular Draft players
Count me in if there’s spots available Wayno.

MITS

Worlds shortest giant
Feb 3, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Anyone else looking to join a DRAFT Comp ?
11D84162-EA82-4596-A004-157E7946326E.gif

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Would love to give it a go! I've done one for nrl sc/fantasy for a few years with mates and it gets really competitive. More for the bants and picking up campaigners of waivers

Oct 25, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Im doing my first draft league this year, anyone got some decent tips on how best to go about it?
With my first pick it thinking of grabbing a premo ruck and then building around that

What pick do you have and how many in the league? That tends to determine strategy

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
What pick do you have and how many in the league? That tends to determine strategy
I have pick 9, was thinking just go for the best available. Figure Macrae, Oliver, Steele, Gawn, Darcy, Grundy gone, maybe Touk or Walsh might be left. Two best mid's I can get at 9 and 15 then see who is left after that?

Jun 24, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I have pick 9, was thinking just go for the best available. Figure Macrae, Oliver, Steele, Gawn, Darcy, Grundy gone, maybe Touk or Walsh might be left. Two best mid's I can get at 9 and 15 then see who is left after that?
Rucks are at a premium in draft, You'll be better off grabbing Nic Nat at 9 and a decent mid rather than two decent mids.

Jun 24, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
How much premium do you place on durability in draft? NicNat 2 full seasons out of 13, I wouldn't start him in classic.
Durability is certainly something to take into consideration since you can't easily swap a like-for-like player if one goes down. You should be able to get a good backup from the free agents, but the risk is you miss on him and have to get a backup quality player anyway. The top-end rucks are just better valued in draft because everyone will get an SP midfielder, SPDef/Fwd and fil out with $500k+ mids. Free agents will be in the $400k range for mids with plenty of value to be had, where as the rucks drop off to back up quality after the top 5 or 6.

Quick Question kananooks can you rearrange the draft order as commissioner so it's the same as Wayne's order? And what's the go with the imposter named Tim, can't kick him?

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Quick Question @kananooks can you rearrange the draft order as commissioner so it's the same as Wayne's order? And what's the go with the imposter named Tim, can't kick him?
I have 3 posters who haven't provided team names yet ....maybe it's one of those 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back