FTA-TV Superman & Lois

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else watch the pilot episode? I thought it was pretty good and different enough from the other CW shows to make me hopeful that it doesn't get CW'd. If it can keep up that kind of quality on a consistent basis and even improve over time, it could very well become the best show in the 'Arrowverse'.

Didn't expect that. Was great.

That's how Superman should be told in the modern era. Tone was bang on, not too light like current CW, not too dark like the DCEU.

Looking forward to where this goes.

Have been considering giving this a chance, this thread being positive has me sold.. Also I was down the rabbit hole on your tube and saw a clip with the opening 5 mins so that also convinced me.

Will give it a look tomorrow.. Before the main event of WandaVision 😂

Finished episode two last night, still surprised on much I’m enjoying this show so far. Haven’t watched a CW series in almost a decade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended up watching Ep 1 last night, literally right after posting...
Enjoyed it, seems to have the right balance at the moment of Clark being or worrying about being human. Hopefully stays enjoyable, I have never really gotten into the other CW series, did Legends of Tomorrow the first season and then dropped off

I ended up watching Ep 1 last night, literally right after posting...
Enjoyed it, seems to have the right balance at the moment of Clark being or worrying about being human. Hopefully stays enjoyable, I have never really gotten into the other CW series, did Legends of Tomorrow the first season and then dropped off

Go back to Legends. It is brilliant and improved out of sight after season 1.

I have a theory that Jordan's powers are linked to his brother. Both times they worked he was next to him.

When at the Fortress they didnt so up as he wasnt there so Im thinking they have to be in the vicinity of each other.

Only negative I had was Angus McFadyen seeming like he didnt want to be there at all. Like I get he is just playing a hologram version of Jor-El but Crowe and the lady playing Kara's mother originally Laura Benanti did a much better job of it.

I don't know how I feel yet about the dude playing Supes... First instinct when I saw him on the previews or whatever for Supergirl was No.. Still not sure, i just don't feel he's big enough?

When Supes was pushing the spaceship away from Metropolis, the shoulder padding is so obvious lol

Only negative I had was Angus McFadyen seeming like he didnt want to be there at all. Like I get he is just playing a hologram version of Jor-El but Crowe and the lady playing Kara's mother originally Laura Benanti did a much better job of it.

Hahha yes the guy playing Jor-El is awful!

I have a theory that Jordan's powers are linked to his brother. Both times they worked he was next to him.

Never thought of that, reckon you're onto something there. Great theory. Opens up some interesting story options too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im really liking the way Hoechlin is playing the Clark persona. He is doing the whole dork thing in such a subtle way but even when he is doing that stuff he feels like a real person and not someone that would be looked at as weird either. TBH he could totally even be playing as though that is Clarks natural personality when he is relaxed and doesnt have to be in Superman mode. Either way it totally works.

I may have missed it but in this version are they going with Clark and Lana not having been a couple when they were young? So far it seems like they were just friends.

Im really liking the way Hoechlin is playing the Clark persona. He is doing the whole dork thing in such a subtle way but even when he is doing that stuff he feels like a real person and not someone that would be looked at as weird either. TBH he could totally even be playing as though that is Clarks natural personality when he is relaxed and doesnt have to be in Superman mode. Either way it totally works.

I may have missed it but in this version are they going with Clark and Lana not having been a couple when they were young? So far it seems like they were just friends.

I think it was mentioned in the first episode that they were a couple at one stage but I may be remembering wrong.

This could be a very very on the money call 👏

Gotten up to date now that I have Binge. Jordan and Jonathan have been okay, just okay. Elizabeth Tulloch is a gem, and Tyler Hoechlin has been good so far.

Not sure I'm a fan of having Lex of another Earth being the big bad in season 1, feels boring. I would have loved a General Zod or Bizarro to open up, still household names for those who know the comics at all.

Can't wait to see Kara interact with Jordan and Jonathan when it happens.

Keen to see Morgan Edge get more of a go, only getting fleeting air time atm... Still can’t get over Lex being from another “world”.

Keen to see Morgan Edge get more of a go, only getting fleeting air time atm... Still can’t get over Lex being from another “world”.
It just feels like an excuse to have Lex as the "big bad" for both this and Supergirl

It just feels like an excuse to have Lex as the "big bad" for both this and Supergirl
Agree, I’m watching it off fox 8 & noticed it wasn’t on this week, hopefully it’s back soon?

Agree, I’m watching it off fox 8 & noticed it wasn’t on this week, hopefully it’s back soon?

A quick Google search says mid-May. Apparently, they had a positive covid case on set which pushed back the production.

A quick Google search says mid-May. Apparently, they had a positive covid case on set which pushed back the production.
Damn...But thanks for letting me know. It’s been a good start.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back