FTA-TV Superman & Lois

Remove this Banner Ad

Im really liking the way Hoechlin is playing the Clark persona. He is doing the whole dork thing in such a subtle way but even when he is doing that stuff he feels like a real person and not someone that would be looked at as weird either. TBH he could totally even be playing as though that is Clarks natural personality when he is relaxed and doesnt have to be in Superman mode. Either way it totally works.

I may have missed it but in this version are they going with Clark and Lana not having been a couple when they were young? So far it seems like they were just friends.

Lana's daughter said in the first episode her dad got jealous of Lana looking at Clarks Facebook(?) profile because they used to date in high school.

Feels like lazy writing that Edge is Kryptonian, considering what happened with him in Supergirl. I also really don't like the lack of Kara in this to help establish the show given the moments we've seen with them in Supergirl over the years.

It has serious potential, Elizabeth Tulloch, Tyler Hoechlin and Emmanuelle Chrigui have carried the show so far, risen above the lazy writing.

I don't mind Edge being Kryptonian as long as it goes somewhere and that somewhere being interesting. The show being on the CW means it probably won't. I agree on the lack of Kara, though.
The whole "You should have chosen your family!" stuff was kinda silly considering he's closer to Kara than Edge, who also hates Kara.

Are we putting this Morgan Edge being Kryptonian down to Crisis?

Due to lockdown finally have the chance to catch up. Currently on ep 09. Good stuff.

Sort of mystified why this show isn't popular or talked as much compared to series like The Flash, Arrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have been chipping away at this show finally over the last few weeks, and finally caught up. It really is executed brilliantly, the depth of the relationships between Clark and his family make all the difference. Really enjoyed it far more than I thought I would.

And then last night I watched episode 11. Holy *. It was almost like an origin story in itself, beautifully designed and crafted. A love letter to almost all of the other Superman films etc we’ve seen. Homages throughout starting with the opening moments in the North Pole (a great homage to the 1978 Donner film).

One of the best episodes I’ve ever seen across the various TV formats of Star Wars/Marvel/DC etc. Just magnificent.

I wasn't sure about ol mate playing Clark/Supes initially, reckon he is a brilliant Clark.. He is a fine Superman as well, I do really struggle to get past just how padded his suit is though :tearsofjoy:

and as a long timer being in love with Sloan from Entrourage I am a huge huge fan of Lana as well here

Solid but unsurprising CW opening episode. Create unnecessary drama between Jordan and Sarah (because that's definitely needed), but otherwise they've done a reasonable job of the the fake villain in the DOD replacement, the adult relationship struggles are pretty realistic.

Don't know who the real big bad is yet but keen to find out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back