Tac Cup 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Was talking to Sin City at the game and he was saying how impressed he was with all their depth.
They all worked coherently.
If I was to list guys that had good games today for them it'd be something like:
Bond, Cavarra, Sheridan-Ferrie, Petracca, Walker, Honeychurch (pre-injury), De Pace, Keedle, Boyd, O'Sullivan, Lazslo, Roth, Riley and I'm sure I've missed some.
Roth was particularly impressive up forward (though he did get beaten a bit by Darren Allen in the last quarter.
O'Sullivan's first half was top notch and really providing a target while Boyd was being double-teamed and beaten by Hugh Beasley.
To be sure Eastern's side seems much better than last year.
I thought Roth did his best work when the game was in the balance. He kicked a couple in a row and really put the game beyond doubt. Petracca was particularly good in the first half and solid in the second. Cavarra was great all day.

Did they also have Lennon as BOG in the first game?
Nah Curnow. They had Lennon as 2 votes for the Knights (6 the highest).

But I do see what you're getting at with the whole "reputation"/star quality factor.

That's why I thought he was still BOG for mind.
Though I really liked Franetic's game for Oakleigh.
Oh good, I thought I was going crazy when I gave him my 5 votes for BOG and then saw TAC Cup didn't rate him :p

Makes me feel a little bit better :D

Poorest Calder side I have seen in many years. On-ballers non-existent. No drive from the middle, no flash and very little get up and go. Rd1 only but might be a long year ahead. Lacking Cooke and few other talls but not much to bolster the middle 4.

Out of the 6 Metro teams on show today it was generally a sorry state of affairs overall. Sandy the pick of the bunch.

Poorest Calder side I have seen in many years. On-ballers non-existent. No drive from the middle, no flash and very little get up and go. Rd1 only but might be a long year ahead. Lacking Cooke and few other talls but not much to bolster the middle 4.

Out of the 6 Metro teams on show today it was generally a sorry state of affairs overall. Sandy the pick of the bunch.
Yeah I thought Calder were very much "bomb and hope for the best".

Sandy had the best skills along with Oakleigh in the first half before the Chargers dozed off.

Preferred Eastern TBH.
Really dismantled Oakleigh today with Boyd being good but a reasonable non-factor until it was out of Oakleigh's reach.
Funnily enough Jets were interesting to watch because they were just so quick over the ground but as Sin City pointed out they were still getting beaten in basically every area.
Thought these games were alright for a first up hit, comparable at least to last year's first round.

Did they give no votes to Roth?
Had him behind Walker and O'Sullivan for the Ranges. They do per team and yeah had Walker, O'Sullivan, Roth, Cavarra, Evans and Petracca.

But obviously doesn't include Chargers, but at least two Ranges were rated ahead of him.

Here's a shot I got of a Marcus Bontempelli spekkie:
76a2109.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moved around a fair bit - but probably spent more time down the Northern end. I didn't get there until the start of the second game - so missed the Knight/Cannons game.

Dave.

The northern end being the other side of Visy away from the gym complex?
Were you just around from the team benches?
That's where we were shooting from.

The northern end being the other side of Visy away from the gym complex?
Were you just around from the team benches?
That's where we were shooting from.

Yes, I think I walked in front of you guys and said gidday towards the end of the day.

Dave.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back