Supermarket self-checkout

Remove this Banner Ad

lots of staff are on casual which has an added loading.

then theres all kinds of different penalty hours

Yep, I was casual at Woolies at 21. $22 an hour with $4 an hour casual loading, taking it to $26.

I saw this tweet yesterday and it got me thinking:

I've never even considered taking a trolley through self-checkout--in my opinion it's a basket/handful of goods area only. I've asked a few people around the office today and it seems to be a 50/50 split, but those on my side feel very strongly about it.

What say you, fine people of the General Discussion board? Yay or * off to trolley users?

Yeah I have no issue if for some reason a person wants to scan it themselves. Waste your life doing that for all I care, but its not like it costs extra to get a "pro" to do it for you.

I saw this tweet yesterday and it got me thinking:

I've never even considered taking a trolley through self-checkout--in my opinion it's a basket/handful of goods area only. I've asked a few people around the office today and it seems to be a 50/50 split, but those on my side feel very strongly about it.

What say you, fine people of the General Discussion board? Yay or **** off to trolley users?

until a self service scanner can scan my trolley, rather than individual, I'm happy to pay for the service

Yeah I have no issue if for some reason a person wants to scan it themselves. Waste your life doing that for all I care, but its not like it costs extra to get a "pro" to do it for you.
If it's a choice between waiting ages to get them to do it for you or spare self service scanners I know what I'm going to do.

If it's a choice between waiting ages to get them to do it for you or spare self service scanners I know what I'm going to do.
Don't get me wrong, I am a self serv user, last thing I want to do is talk to people. But I'd almost guarantee that by the time you manage to scan everything, get the attendant to tick off the unexpected item in baggage area notifications, and find that tiny ass barcode on the kinder surprise you'd already have the car packed and be on your way if you went to an attendant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My question isn't about whether or not it's a waste of the trolley user's time, it's "won't somebody PLEASE think of the basket-holders stuck in line behind them?!"

Who cares about the basket holders - complain to the shop. If they can’t open enough checkouts then I’m going through self serve.

*I hate shopping, hate scanning my own groceries but I hate they don’t open checkouts anymore especially of an evening

People who take trolley full of items through self check-out are more than likely the same who choose to leave their trolleys in the car park rather than returning them to the trolley bays. Which is ironic, how can they be bothered scanning all their items but not bothered returning their trolley?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back