Supermarket self-checkout

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some people who like it that way, though.

With some things, like making purchases described above, or going to the supermarket, I couldn't care less about "service" or a social or human aspect. I just want to get in and out or get it done with a minimum of time and fuss. If there's a small fee for that convenience, so be it.
People actually want social interaction when going through a check out ?? I don’t get that. I’m like you I want to get in and out with the bare minimum of human interaction.

Hahaha, TLDR.

Try living in suburbs with housing commission flats. People take trolleys through self-checkout all the way to their front lawn and dump them on the nature strip.

Hahaha, TLDR.

Try living in suburbs with housing commission flats. People take trolleys through self-checkout all the way to their front lawn and dump them on the nature strip.

Not just in those suburbs, there was an epidemic of it where I live a while back, seems to have eased off now thankfully.

Re the self-serve checkouts, my local Woolies has done some renos and we now have double the number of self-serve checkouts (about two thirds of them being card only).

Hahaha, TLDR.

The trolleys at my local Coles have some sort of locator in them which is supposed to make the wheels stop rolling when you try to leave the carpark with them.

The trolleys at my local Coles have some sort of locator in them which is supposed to make the wheels stop rolling when you try to leave the carpark with them.

Same except they forgot to take into consideration that the carpark is across the road and their boundary was the footpath surrounding the centre. Didn’t take long to realise that people weren’t happy but it meant they had to extend the radius about a block

This is also not nearly as big an issue as people who use the self serve with no f**king clue what they are doing.

I worked 2 years at Woolies, and once had an old lady cram coins into a card-only self checkout then ask me why it wasn't working.

Went to grab a yoghurt and some fruit thenother morning (day after the brought in the plastic bag ban) and there was an old bitty with a trolley full in the self serve checkout bit. Because the plastic bags had been banned the didn’t have any at all in the self serve aisles and she was going absolutely mental at the assistant. I had a good chuckle.

I can actually remember back in the 'olden days' before we had plastic bags. Mum had a wicker basket which she would take for just a small amount of shopping and for the weekly shop the supermarket would pack all the groceries into a box and then would carry it to your car for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do NOT take trolleys through the self check out. FMD
/end thread.

Took mine through this morning. Didn't have many items but one was a big bag of kitty litter so needed the trolley for that.

I think the question is not whether you should take a trolley through but whether you should take a big shop through.

People actually want social interaction when going through a check out ?? I don’t get that. I’m like you I want to get in and out with the bare minimum of human interaction.
Some go to Brothels for social interaction, others supermarkets

would rather have a short interaction with attractive Caitlyn check-out chick, compared to Sally self-serve who doesn't want to be there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back