Tallangatta & DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing against the club or player in question… But the saints/bombers/hoppers would all be clubs closer to this players home. He states that the travel is tough then ignores the clubs closer to home because they’re battling? Really just stinks of chasing a flag imo.
Maybe those clubs didn’t contact Ronny or don’t have people in place who know how to get s**t done - would explain why those sides are down towards the bottom of the ladder if you ask me and why Chiltern are going for a hat-trick

Think in his situation, your not going to leave your home club and save travel time to play for a team like saints, win 2-3 games a year.

Chiltern is quicker from Kilara than it is to Dederang.

Any word on Mt Beauty? Hearing Ozolins taking his game to the next level throughout preseason.

Apparently one of the barny coaches threw a few hands at one of the playing group at the pub this past weekend? Any truth to this?

(I thought it was strange long time servant brad chant and a few others left to Wodonga saints in the off season). coach in question sounds lke he isn’t overly popular amongst the players

Apparently one of the barny coaches threw a few hands at one of the playing group at the pub this past weekend? Any truth to this?

(I thought it was strange long time servant brad chant and a few others left to Wodonga saints in the off season). coach in question sounds lke he isn’t overly popular amongst the players
not suprised from what im hearing out of there. Also nothing coming out of Beechworth.

not suprised from what im hearing out of there. Also nothing coming out of Beechworth.
Was talking to a current Beechie player, (well respected, multiple B&F winner) the other day. His assessment is that they will remain competitive but will not have the cattle to bother the likes of Chiltern and KSC. Have lost more players than they have gained. They had a weekend pre-season fitness camp not long ago, don't know how well attended that was - know for certain a couple of their top players couldnt attend due to cricket commitments.

From a club perspective things are going well. Really healthy numbers for their junior footy program, good netball programs. There seems to be a growing connection with the local community as well. Off field everything that comes out via their FB page is positive and progressive.

Was talking to a current Beechie player, (well respected, multiple B&F winner) the other day. His assessment is that they will remain competitive but will not have the cattle to bother the likes of Chiltern and KSC. Have lost more players than they have gained. They had a weekend pre-season fitness camp not long ago, don't know how well attended that was - know for certain a couple of their top players couldnt attend due to cricket commitments.

From a club perspective things are going well. Really healthy numbers for their junior footy program, good netball programs. There seems to be a growing connection with the local community as well. Off field everything that comes out via their FB page is positive and progressive.
any news out of Barny re there coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK i will start it, Cats by 150 on Friday
Did hear without knowing names that a key forward for the Lions had been injured during pre season games.
Can't see them kicking more then 5 goals while the Cats have alot of avenues should kick 20+

Last edited:
Some advice for the Wahgunyah coach, if you plan on putting Cupido deep forward I hope you’re supplying the deck chair. You need to send him straight to the ruck, get him to play the man and throw his weight around, he can kick 70m and might snag one. Rutherglen by 150 points for me, they’ll be a powerhouse in the next 3 years. A former Rutherglen coach ruffled feathers by closing the door to the public while addressing the group, if the doors are kept ajar Fred might entertain the idea of supplying some pastries again in the future, the horizon is bright.

Some advice for the Wahgunyah coach, if you plan on putting Cupido deep forward I hope you’re supplying the deck chair. You need to send him straight to the ruck, get him to play the man and throw his weight around, he can kick 70m and might snag one. Rutherglen by 150 points for me, they’ll be a powerhouse in the next 3 years. A former Rutherglen coach ruffled feathers by closing the door to the public while addressing the group, if the doors are kept ajar Fred might entertain the idea of supplying some pastries again in the future, the horizon is bright.

Couldn’t agree more Larry. Only way he sees the footy is by taking the kick outs. Hopefully can pass some knowledge on and get such a good town’s footy side going again. Will be a long year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Couldn’t agree more Larry. Only way he sees the footy is by taking the kick outs. Hopefully can pass some knowledge on and get such a good town’s footy side going again. Will be a long year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Cupido was great today for the whole 5 minutes he was on field… wahgunyah will have one half chance at victory this season against DMB and that’s a very slim chance. They might aswell just burn the money they’re paying to the travellers from over picola league way, very very very ordinary players

I would have thought the Lions would of been fairly happy with today regardless what you guys think, fielded all grades today. Won All bar one netball game.
How was the gate today Rutherglenrambles and Mortlock as the treasurers of the club you would know?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back