Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the start of the exodus from the TSL touted teams?
It could be mate. I've also heard that Brent Archer and the Stretton boys from Burnie are going to the Darwin league next year aswell as Soden and McCrossen from ulvie are reported to be going there aswell. I've also heard that alot of the Devonport boys are going to Spreyton. So by the sound of things it is the start.

Now might be the time to restructure football in Northern Tas with a return to N.T.F.A and N.W.F.U. If this TSL goes ahead it seems the best option especially for the coastal teams. The teams that are joining the TSL could reform their own N.T.F.L when the TSL falls over again.

Mail around traps today is Lauderdale have made a few off-field moves in preparation for the "new" Statewide League. Former Southern Football League president Roger Viney has taken over as club "administrator" and quickly removed coach Steve Woods. Seems former Kingston, Devils & North Hobart player Cam De Goyer is taking over at the 'Dale as CAPT/COACH.
Any substance to this one folks?

Mail around traps today is Lauderdale have made a few off-field moves in preparation for the "new" Statewide League. Former Southern Football League president Roger Viney has taken over as club "administrator" and quickly removed coach Steve Woods. Seems former Kingston, Devils & North Hobart player Cam De Goyer is taking over at the 'Dale as CAPT/COACH.

Funny, I spoke to his wife yesterday and she said it was still up in the air. Would be disappointing for a guy who has had a hand in improving Lauderdale over the last 3 years to be given the flick for a player who could be at his third club in not so many years....

Roger Viney is a *&%##@

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12767677&postcount=454

Actually spoke to a few Dale players today. They are quite unhappy on how this all came about. Very back doorish from what I was told. No shortage of steak knives at the Dale at all from what I was told. Also got told a few that had official positions at the club have walked out in response to this decision. Fair to say, the s**t has hit the fan down there.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12767677&postcount=454

Actually spoke to a few Dale players today. They are quite unhappy on how this all came about. Very back doorish from what I was told. No shortage of steak knives at the Dale at all from what I was told. Also got told a few that had official positions at the club have walked out in response to this decision. Fair to say, the s**t has hit the fan down there.
Dont worry AFL TAS will assist them, and continue to breast feed them.

Reported about on Win News tonight.

Win News eh?
You've gotta wonder whether we (Big Footy website) aren't the best leads the tortises in the print media have got!
I know that commercial radio, particularly TRAGIC, seem to follow the music that's on community radio these days.
Isn't there any nouse, imagination, sniffer doggery out there anymore?

Win News eh?
You've gotta wonder whether we (Big Footy website) aren't the best leads the tortises in the print media have got!
I know that commercial radio, particularly TRAGIC, seem to follow the music that's on community radio these days.
Isn't there any nouse, imagination, sniffer doggery out there anymore?

RK, they have to get their stories from somewhere.

17's and 19's problem in the South

I was speaking to a man in the know today who informs me of a big problem looming with 17's and 19's in the South,

Looks like the five southern SWL clubs don't have a comp for the U17 and 19's.

Brighton, Kingborough & New Norfolk teams will automatically play in the new bigger SFL meaning Glenorchy, Clarence, Nth HBT & Lauderdale to play on their own in a 4 team comp.

The word is negotiations between Bay and Hobart have stalled - very unlikely to be resurrected. Leaves a 17s comp with Glenorchy, North, Clarence and Lauderdale.

They reckon Hobart will struggle to field a 17s for 2009 and probably not a 19s either yet are about to go into the new you beaut Statewide League.

Just going on what was said to me but on the outside it seems scary stuff.

Glenorchy coaching position

I reckon I am dropping more rumors than anyone else and at some stage someone will come after me but I have been told C.Blight linked to Glenorchy.

Re: 17's and 19's problem in the South

I was speaking to a man in the know today who informs me of a big problem looming with 17's and 19's in the South,

Looks like the five southern SWL clubs don't have a comp for the U17 and 19's.

Brighton, Kingborough & New Norfolk teams will automatically play in the new bigger SFL meaning Glenorchy, Clarence, Nth HBT & Lauderdale to play on their own in a 4 team comp.

The word is negotiations between Bay and Hobart have stalled - very unlikely to be resurrected. Leaves a 17s comp with Glenorchy, North, Clarence and Lauderdale.

They reckon Hobart will struggle to field a 17s for 2009 and probably not a 19s either yet are about to go into the new you beaut Statewide League.

Just going on what was said to me but on the outside it seems scary stuff.
I was told by a supporter from KINGBOROUGH that there will only be U/17s and no U/19s in the SFL do you know if this is correct. If so what happens to their U/19 players?. This is also applicable to BRIGHTON, and NEW NORFOLK.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NHFC future in doubt

Just had lunch with a prominent NHFC Back Bencher and the word is;

"Don't be surprised if the NHFC goes into recess as its on the cards that members may reject going into the SWL."

"With no other comp to play in what are we to do."

Demons members vote on the issue in a few weeks and pending a "positive" from the Harper report it may all be over Rover for Tasmania's most famous club.

Duff TV: Of course AFL TAS could offer all clubs 9 home games as apposed to stealing 2 as proposed.

Glenorchy is whispered to be also dead against giving away these two games so what do other clubs think about this or intend to do about this controversal issue.

What about draft fees. Who gets what %?

What about alot of other things?

Watch this space.

Very interesting to hear Brett Geappen say he will play at Nth Hobart with his brother as AFL Tas said all former DEVILS players would be allocated to the Statewide League Clubs, this is another grey area.It appears it is not what is known rather what is not. Some clubs will be looked after and some may not do so well.

Brett Geappen wasn't talking like a bloke going to a club that was going to fold, in fact he sounded like a bloke going to a club about to throw a heap of money around.

If what I heard last night from a well connected Devils source is true then North Hobart aren't preparing for '09 like a club about to go into recess.

Apparently, Ben Beams will bench coach the Demons and in addition to Budgie Geappen playing there so too will Brennan Savage and Nathan Street should he stay in the State.

If what I heard last night from a well connected Devils source is true then North Hobart aren't preparing for '09 like a club about to go into recess.

Apparently, Ben Beams will bench coach the Demons and in addition to Budgie Geappen playing there so too will Brennan Savage and Nathan Street should he stay in the State.

That's all fine but if clubs can't afford the $$$$$$$$$ then what's the point of all this.

As long as its all sustainable is the key hey.

Doubting "your boys" the Demons have got the Kanga, Duff?

If so, I think you're the only one!
The Bastard Squad have got plenty of 'spindouli' ;)
With serial pests like Omant gaining sponsorship money by the truck load each year - he is one of the best sponsorship gatherers I've ever seen this bloke - never gives in - they'll be chucking it around don't you worry!!
All this "OMG we're gonna go into recess!!!!111!!!1!!" talk is merely a smokescreen about putting pressure on to get lights at North Hobart ;)

For the thousands of people who care, Campbell Town Football Club have successfully affiliated with the ODFA for 2009, where they will field a seniors only team.

If Ross get their act together, we will be looking at a 6 team competition next year!

After the destruction of country footy over the years the Campbell Town news is simply great! Or dare I say it 'fantastic'. Let me tell you Advance, there are plenty of us out here that are very happy that Campbell Town have joined the ODFA. Good on 'em, wish 'em well and hope this is just another small step in resurrecting country footy. Challenge for the community now is to get behind 'em and support 'em to the hilt.
Go the 'Townies!

Cam de Gooyer to coach Lauderdale and Adrian Goodwin to fill a role with him,maybe a couple of his Nth Hobart team mates to follow him to Bomberland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back