Beauty & Style Tattoos - Do you have one?

Remove this Banner Ad

I have 4. A bear, a tiger, a bulldog, and a bomber. Each stands for a football team. The bear for the North Sydney Bears, the tiger for the Cincinnati Bengals, the bulldog for the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs and the Bomber for the Essendon Bombers. They aren't obviously football related tattoos. But that's what they symbolise. I got the Tiger and Bulldog done in New York. The other two in Melbourne. They cost me about 2 grand all up. I wouldn't say they particularly hurt.

I've got a few (decent sized back piece, most of my chest, big one down my ribs, back of both calves).

First few i got were all very "meaningful" having said that my opinion of this is anything can be meaningful to someone else (i knew a guy who got this really generic looking spider thing cause his dads nickname was spider, it meant heaps to him but anyone else would just think it was some shitty jailhouse rip off). All of mine mean something to me but i dont think thats a pre-requisite for getting one at all.

Don't skimp on the cost, good tattoos arent cheap, cheap tattoos arent good.

They hurt, anyone telling you otherwise is full of s**t but they aren't unbearable, different spots hurt more for different people. I think linework is more painful than shading most people dont agree. I think bony bits are the worst, others think fleshy bits are more painful. Its gonna feel pretty s**t while you get it done but its worth it.

I have five, my chest piece being three separate ones, plus one the length of my rib, roses on my shoulder and an owl on my thigh. There is no pain like a sternum tattoo

Yep I've got one.

Venetian and Sicilian coat of arms across my upper back.

Did it hurt? Not particularly, other than the flanks of the upper back near the underarms.

Cost $900 from memory for 6 hours work.

Advice? If you need to do hair removal beforehand, I suggest eppilating rather than waxing. Eppilating hurts more than the tattoo to get done, but it doesn't destroy the skin like waxing does. If the skin is in poor condition wen you get the tattoo, it can affect it.

Yes I got three tattoos on my body. One on my back, second on my thighs and third on my upper arm. My most favorite one is the one I have on my upper arm which is a 3d clock embedded in a guitar. It did hurt the first time but now have got used to it. Love tattooing. Planning to get a 4th one on my chest.

Impressive

Cost?
Artist / Location?

Sorry for the mislead mate, don't actually have this on my person, but I believe it was done by a Chris Nieves in Australia. Just did a quick google to show how amazingly artistic tattoos can be.
There's plenty of this type of quality around if you're willing to research it and take your time. I personally believe price shouldn't be an object when it comes to this sort of stuff.

I don't have any tattoo's. but my mate is a diehard supporter of a local footy team which are the sharks, and instead of getting their actual logo shark tattooed, he's got this crappy cartoon shark holding a sign which in plain text says the name of his team. This is it, it's off google images, hands down the worst tattoo I've ever seen
13396204-Shark-with-blank-sign--Stock-Vector-cartoon.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have two tattoos, one on my forearm and another across my back. I'll also be starting a leg sleeve in April. All of them are related to the Legend of Zelda video game series.

My back piece so far has cost $1800. As for pain, of course it hurt. My back hurt way more then my forearm though but everyone has different pain tolerances.

I have two tattoos, one on my forearm and another across my back. I'll also be starting a leg sleeve in April. All of them are related to the Legend of Zelda video game series.

One my right arm relating to my family incorporates the Hyrulian shield from Ocarina of Time, 8 or so years on still love it :thumbsu:

Anyone here from Perth know of artists who specialize in tattooing off a photo or also detailed animals? Have been thinking of A) a grizzly bear, my favourite animal or B) my now deceased Rottweiler on my calf.

Anyone here from Perth know of artists who specialize in tattooing off a photo or also detailed animals? Have been thinking of A) a grizzly bear, my favourite animal or B) my now deceased Rottweiler on my calf.

Check out Jeremy Furniss on Facebook mate. He's in Freo and does photo-realistic portraits. His portfolio looks brilliant.

(Unfinished crown but gives you an idea.)
FB_IMG_1454721770335.jpg

Like some. But somehow it is a problem to get a sleeve, when you have a normal job that doesn't require to cover it completly. I know I shouldn't care but I don't like the attention as well...

One my right arm relating to my family incorporates the Hyrulian shield from Ocarina of Time, 8 or so years on still love it :thumbsu:

If you are interested this is my back so far :) Need to add a background yet to bring it together!

12519158_880553002065621_1778603865_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back