Taylor Swift

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think because its become cool/trendy/popular to like swift is the reason she's so big right now? She's become more of an icon than just a singer. Not a fan personally. Her music is nothing special, she looks like a normal white girl nothing special. Knows how to entertain, put on a show and make money though. She's a hussler

I don't get the Swift haters, Swift has been performing for 18 years and has slowly built her brand and has successfully transitioned from country music to pop music, which I see as one of the real tests of talent, since many artists have found it hard to successfully change direction. Another test is the quality of their work, and by the sounds of it, Swift hasn't produced an album that flopped and has enough material for 3 hour gigs, whereas many singers and bands live off one or two big songs.

Eras is on prime to rent ($24 I think).

It is going to Disney mid March for “free”

The "rental" version is it's own thing - apparently it was missing a few songs that.....

The Disney+ "Taylor's Version" is the full concert with the missing songs from the current rental/streamed version lacks

I still want a physical bluray/4K release :(

The "rental" version is it's own thing - apparently it was missing a few songs that.....

The Disney+ "Taylor's Version" is the full concert with the missing songs from the current rental/streamed version lacks

I still want a physical bluray/4K release :(
Given she negotiated her own distribution deal (a remarkable thing if you know much about film distribution) there’s no guarantee that will ever happen. I’d imagine she will at some point but it’s not assured.

Given she negotiated her own distribution deal (a remarkable thing if you know much about film distribution) there’s no guarantee that will ever happen. I’d imagine she will at some point but it’s not assured.

Oh I know it's less likely thanks to the Disney+ deal :( but I'd still like to see one happen. There were rumours it was going to come out Feb-April, but who knows now after the Disney+ deal!

Oh I know it's less likely thanks to the Disney+ deal :( but I'd still like to see one happen. There were rumours it was going to come out Feb-April, but who knows now after the Disney+ deal!
Not even the Disney plus deal, she didn’t use a distribution company for the in cinema deal, they would normally set the parameters for streaming and then physical media. She didn’t use them so it’s entirely up to her if she does it and it does have drawbacks. Physical media costs digital really doesn’t.

I guess if you watch the show on Disney that you'd get to hear TayTay sing, as opposed to the whole crowd around you shouting as loud as they can. Attend the show for the experience, watch the Disney for the songs and music.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess if you watch the show on Disney that you'd get to hear TayTay sing, as opposed to the whole crowd around you shouting as loud as they can. Attend the show for the experience, watch the Disney for the songs and music.

Well yes that’s a valid point. From memory but you hear the crowd screaming.

For those reading this and haven’t watched the movie there are subtleties in difference between live action and screen.

I don't get the Swift haters, Swift has been performing for 18 years and has slowly built her brand and has successfully transitioned from country music to pop music, which I see as one of the real tests of talent, since many artists have found it hard to successfully change direction. Another test is the quality of their work, and by the sounds of it, Swift hasn't produced an album that flopped and has enough material for 3 hour gigs, whereas many singers and bands live off one or two big songs.
taylor swift haters gonna hate GIF
taylor swift grammys GIF

So I'm a little behind with this album recap.

Here's Fearless:

Fearless – Platinum Edition (2009)

I can remember back to February 2009 when I first heard/saw Love Story playing on one of the music video channels on TV and I was immediately drawn into the song. I liked everything about it, the country style pop, the music video itself and of course Taylor Swift herself. After it finished I remember going onto iTunes and downloading it so I could listen to it on the train the following day going to tafe (college). After that I decided to do a bit of checking out so I looked her up on Wikipedia and found to my surprise Love Story wasn’t her debut single and that it was the lead single from her second album. I decided that after tafe I’d walk to the station that was further away just so I could walk passed the music shop to buy Fearless on the day it was released.

So listening to this has really taken me back to early 2009 and the hot summer morning and afternoons on the trains listening to this as well as many other albums from late 2008, early 2009. It really was a memorable time for me music wise. On the album itself I’ve opted for the Platinum Edition as I’m aiming to cover all the Taylor’s Version albums after I’ve completed all the original albums, so I wanted to be at least a little familiar with them. Of the six additional track on the Platinum Edition none really stood out to me in particular, but at the same time none were really that bad either. I think my pick of them would be Jump Then Fall or Other Side Of The Door.

On the remainder of the album it picks up really strongly with Fearless and from then on there isn’t really a bad song. Fearless, Fifteen and Love Story are all fantastic choices for singles. Hey Stephen was nice and White Horse is at this stage quite possibly my favourite Taylor Swift song, it’s just beautiful. You Belong With Me is another one of those songs that really take me back to 2009 and that music video being EVERYWHERE! I still quite like the song too. Breathe and Tell Me Why are both great quality album tracks and You’re Not Sorry is my favourite of the albums tracks, it’s just fantastic. The Way I Loved You and the original Forever & Always are both really nice, in fact both versions of Forever & Always are quite good. The Best Day is probably my least favourite from this album unfortunately and is probably the first song I’d skip when listening to this again. Closing out the album is Change and whilst I don’t find it as great as the rest of the album it’s still a nice song.

It was great to see such progression and a step up from her debut album Taylor Swift The country sound is still there but you can also start to see the little pop elements coming into it as well. This was an incredibly solid album and I’d probably hold it in a slightly higher regard if it was just the original edition I listened to as I felt the Platinum Edition tracks didn’t do much for me. Overall though it was a very enjoyable listen and I’m already looking forward to Fearless Taylor’s Version when I get around to it.

Singles I liked: White Horse, Love Story, You Belong With Me, Fifteen, Fearless
Album Tracks I liked: You’re Not Sorry, Breathe, Tell Me Why

Interested to hear your thoughts on folklore, it was the album that reinvigorated my fandom because Lover and then of course the pandemic dimmed my enthusiasm. I mean, Lover wasn't bad, at all, and has a handful of bangers, but it just didn't gel.

And then folklore was released at the height of lockdowns without any fanfare or notice and won a buttload of awards and drew a whole new legion of fans. It was the 'dullest' part of the Eras tour (if there is such a thing) but the performances during that era was a highlight too.

Pleased to observe that the preening music snobs now seem to be thin on the ground in these parts.
To part paraphrase your girl, Shake 'em Off.
Bet they wouldn't throw their weight around in the Metal thread.
(Even though the posters there do seem to be an affable lot).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back