Team being Announced Now

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised they went with a new logo...

I don't mind it.

Edit: tried linking....it's not working.
14364706_1759414734283372_1096195112382730584_n.jpg

14364706_1759414734283372_1096195112382730584_n.jpg

Last edited:
I'd prefer the logo if there was a Magpie somewhere on it

I don't mind the logo. It's clean, modern, etc. Just surprised they went away from our existing logo.
Wonder if it had something to do with trademarks and the AFL, perhaps we weren't allowed to use our existing logo, a variation of it or a magpie? Our failed warriors venture also had a different logo. If we couldn't use our existing logo I would have liked to see a magpie with it's wing curved to form the lines of a netball.

Also while we've recently used gold in a few places including the Collingwood Forever site we seem to be using gold a lot more and almost as a third colour.

Collingwood_warriors.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Holden's sponsorship variation also covered the netball team, IsoWhey (owned by Blackmores) and Three Threes are the other two on the display board.

Diadora to supply the apparel and some info on the players here

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2016-09-21/collingwood-netball-team-takes-flight
Collingwood also confirmed the first commercial partners for team, with health product company IsoWhey as Major Co-Partner, Holden Australia and Three Three’s as support partners and Diadora as the team’s official apparel partner.

EDIT: seems new Holden money not a redistribution

http://media.gm.com/media/au/en/hol...ntent/Pages/news/au/en/2016/Sep/0921_CFC.html
The fresh partnership builds on the commitment made earlier in the year by Holden to restructure the Collingwood partnership to better champion diversity and equality in both sport and the wider community.

"Since confirming our restructured partnership of CFC back in July, we have focused our resource to become a Major Partner of Collingwood’s Women’s AFL team, and this partnership of the Collingwood Magpies Netball Team is the next piece in the puzzle."

Last edited:
Looks good.

Eddie explained why it looks the way it does.
Watched the start of the announcement that I missed live; the logo is basically a separate identity and a netball going through a hoop.

Loved the following comment from Facebook:
'Some of the players will be retired by the time he announces the team.' LOL

I laughed at that. Ed did go on a Bit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back