Opinion Ten tokens

Which of our teams has given you the most joy this year?

• AFL

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • VFL

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • AFLW

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • SNL

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If as a Collingwood supporter you had ten tokens to spend amongst our four teams to support them:

- AFL
- VFL
- AFLW
- SNL

How many tokens would you allocate to each team and why?

---

I'll kick it off ...

5 tokens to the AFLW team. Sadly I didn't get to a game this year, but watched every one on the stream. Loved following the journey of it, seeing something created out of nothing. Seeing the players as being real people with real personalities who were striving as a team to get the best out of themselves. Epitomised for me what sport is all about.

2 tokens to the VFL. I haven't been to or watched a game this year, but I do enjoy the no nonsense, low key, analytical side to the VFL program. I like that win, lose or draw you can still feel like you've had a good afternoon out with your tribe.

2 tokens to the SNL team. I went to their final v GWS and it was by a long long way the best sporting spectiacle I've seen so far this year - and has been filed away in my mind amongst my collection of memorable spectating highlights. I do kinda like bright shiny new things, but regardless of that it's hard not to admire how athletic and skilful the players are, and how it moves as a game. I'm hardly a netball convert, but I reckon I might make the effort to go to a game a season.

1 token to the AFL. I've been to three games live this year, and they've all generally been a fun excuse to hang out with mates. Our AFL team is still the main game as a Collingwood supporter, so it'd be churlish not to give them anything, but I really feel like my expectations have been terribly mismanaged this year: "finals or bust" has become "we're playing a team full of kids, whaddaya expect?". I also trust that my one token is going to be offset by other folks giving them all 10, so I'm hardly letting the AFL team go hungry.

Last edited:

images

I'd probably give my ten tokens to someone less fortunate.

Sorry, only CFC accepts them as currency.

Suncorp Super Netball League. Should be SSNL or just Netball to keep it simple for us blokes.

Nah I got it. I view that as completely separate to the Collingwood FOOTBALL Club and don't know why it's remotely relevant to a football discussion board. That the idiots in charge decided to force the burden of a Netball franchise on us the members doesn't make it any more relevant.

Nah I got it. I view that as completely separate to the Collingwood FOOTBALL Club and don't know why it's remotely relevant to a football discussion board. That the idiots in charge decided to force the burden of a Netball franchise on us the members doesn't make it any more relevant.
I see your point, but I only see a positive in having World Class athletes mixing with our boys, and that's what our netballers are

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha yeah true. I think it should just be a separate entity, it's only living in the shadow of the club it's named after.

Back