Tennis - Australian Open

Remove this Banner Ad

HELL YEAH!

Especially when its hot, thats when the sexy mummas come out to play;):D

So you actually enjoy watching the game also borgy? :D

Have to admit though, some of those male tennis players are easy on the eye and especially if they have those strong powerful serves. ;)

I have been a tennis fan forever and enjoy watching it.

So you actually enjoy watching the game also borgy? :D

Have to admit though, some of those male tennis players are easy on the eye and especially if they have those strong powerful serves. ;)

I have been a tennis fan forever and enjoy watching it.
Na the matches are too expensive. Its enough for admission. I just watch the warm ups on the outside courts.:cool:

I've got tickets for the night session on Mon 21st. Not cheap, but i've worked a hell of a lot over Christmas so it's hardly broke the bank.
But that said, tennis is the type of sport that I don't mind watching on the telly, so one session is enough

TV for me, and male matches only. If it's a women's match I'll do something else.

to be honest i get bored with the mens matches a lot of the time.
Sure i can admire the tennis but 5 sets of yoyo type scores and powerserving really bugs me.

I long for the day they get rid of the double fault. One serve only would be fantastic. Try counting the number of times novak djokovic bounces the ball before serving on pressure points. I counted 32 at wimbledon at one point.
then he faults and does it again. :thumbsdown:

The womens can be good from a male point of view and a good 3 set match is about the right length. French open womens final is always a must see because it combines stubborn young female tennis players with a ferocious arrogant and raucous french crowd. There is always tears and controversy.
Great viewing. The best game was graf v hingis, the crowd was on graf's side and the young hingis copped boo's and hisses everytime she so much as thought about a line call. They brought her to tears and she collapsed in a heap.

to be honest i get bored with the mens matches a lot of the time.
Sure i can admire the tennis but 5 sets of yoyo type scores and powerserving really bugs me.

I long for the day they get rid of the double fault. One serve only would be fantastic. Try counting the number of times novak djokovic bounces the ball before serving on pressure points. I counted 32 at wimbledon at one point.
then he faults and does it again. :thumbsdown:

The womens can be good from a male point of view and a good 3 set match is about the right length. French open womens final is always a must see because it combines stubborn young female tennis players with a ferocious arrogant and raucous french crowd. There is always tears and controversy.
Great viewing. The best game was graf v hingis, the crowd was on graf's side and the young hingis copped boo's and hisses everytime she so much as thought about a line call. They brought her to tears and she collapsed in a heap.
All cause she questioned whether Mauresmo was actually female. Guess the French can't handle the truth.

Mrs Westdog and I are off to the night session tomorrow night, we'll have Venus Williams and Roger Federer at Vodafone Arena. Probably two walkovers but I'll have the privelige of watching the best in the world, something I've dearly wanted to do.

Mrs Westdog and I are off to the night session tomorrow night, we'll have Venus Williams and Roger Federer at Vodafone Arena. Probably two walkovers but I'll have the privelige of watching the best in the world, something I've dearly wanted to do.

westdog, the Fed and Venus Williams are both on Rod Laver Arena...so walk towards that stadium. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just back from the tennis. I was in MCA for tonight's match and that was a massive overreaction by the police.

Greek fans chanting between points made for a livey atmosphere, along with the Chile's own version of oi oi oi.

Anyway the cops seemed to ask the Greek fans to stop chanting and when they didnt they asked them to leave and brought out the cap. spray, and with one cop drawing a baton. Why? well im not sure. The greeks were doing no wrong, the cops overreacted and made something out of nothing.

Anyway the cops seemed to ask the Greek fans to stop chanting and when they didnt they asked them to leave and brought out the cap. spray, and with one cop drawing a baton. Why? well im not sure. The greeks were doing no wrong, the cops overreacted and made something out of nothing.

They did mention before the Open started that they were having stricter guildelines with fans but that seems to be a bit over excessive if as you say they were doing no wrong. Greeks are nice people, I should know I have a Greek Background. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back