Player Watch Tew Jiath

Remove this Banner Ad

Tew seems like the Howe replacement so I don’t mind it too much

My issue is that Schoenmaker was available…twice for us to take and we didn’t take him

So we must have some kind of succession plan for KPB that none of us are aware of

Too high quality a person for us. Made our recruiters feel guilty.

Lol!
…. Virtue signalling is important?
It’s important to have the UN representing us?
Skin colour is IRRELEVANT.
It’s all about the type of player.

“Franco Cozzo will be so happy that we drafted Harry DiMattia.”

He said Harry would be happy because of that, and he’s probably right, if indeed Harry is capable of joy.

Nothing about the poster personally prioritising Jiath due to demographics.

Not allergic to winning flags so Wrighty and Dekka doing something right.

Can we not do that kinda sh*tty reductive thing where the answer to anything that even relates to a type of criticism or questioning of choices is "well we won a flag so we must be doing something right!"

Because that doesn't make the club or those who run it immune to criticism or questioning of their decisions

Unless you can somehow guarantee we're going back to back to back to back?

Because Geelong won the flag and I'm sure like many of you, the answer to every questioning of their decisions was probably "well we just won a flag so they're doing something right!"

Nek minit, 2023 happened to them...

Maybe 10-12 of all the kids drafted will play a decent amount of games. Jiath ain’t gonna be one of them. He’s built like a tooth-pick and only came good in the last month. He’s smaller than Pendlebury. A decent key player over 200 cm is worth their weight in gold. Particularly when Howe and (probably) Nathan Murphy are finished.

So maybe 10-12 of all kids drafted will play a decent amount of games, but you want us to have only recruited a tall bloke unlikely to play a decent number of games over someone we think more likely to play a decent number of games...

Too many people drink too much Kool Aid these days.
90% of these draft picks are speculative and will be lucky to play 50 games. In reality, playing a single AFL game is a major achievement. Creating a major fanfare and building (unreasonable) expectations probably does more harm than good. In reality, Jiath (appears) to be your typical “Collingwood 6 footer” run of the mill player. He’s unlikely to be a “spine” piece. Call me old fashioned. I like a spine. Though, we did win a flag without a conventional spine. Can we do it again? Who knows? I doubt it….
(That’s why I would’ve gone for an Archer Reid or Ollie Murphy. We could’ve got at least ONE).

I get it and have some sympathy Grand Moff but riddle me this...

With all this caution and pessimism, when the guy came to tell you there was a danger in the rebel attack and suggested evacuation you told him to get ****ed. Where was your caution then? Nowhere to be found, and you got your ass vaporized.

But that was fine, because you are a ****ing Grand Moff. A Big Cheese. Huge Banana. Not a ****ing Nerf Herder. You blow shit up. You invoke terror and not a little erotic frisson from a sneer. You are an alfa in a world of beta cucks like Admiral Ozzal. And a Grand Moff projects confidence. A Grand Moff wears a sick pair of shades so exploding planets reflect on the lenses and make a rad insta pic. A Grand Moff laughs in the face of nature and the petty worries of mere mortals(but not the force, because that dickhead Vader will force choke your ass).

Wrighty is a Grand Moff. Dekka eats Grand Moffs for breakfast, that's why he is so fat well rounded.

You aren't even a Grand Moff. You are some weedy subaltern who comes in to warn the Grand Moff about some puny X-Wings and you are rightfully ignored. And you get blown the **** up anyway, so why not be a Grand Moff and not that guy?

Lol!
…. Virtue signalling is important?
It’s important to have the UN representing us?
Skin colour is IRRELEVANT.
It’s all about the type of player.

“Franco Cozzo will be so happy that we drafted Harry DiMattia.” 😄😄
Agreed

But Heritier will like it

He was best available at 37 according to me. Even if he was Fred Smith from Toorak

Can we not do that kinda sh*tty reductive thing where the answer to anything that even relates to a type of criticism or questioning of choices is "well we won a flag so we must be doing something right!"

Because that doesn't make the club or those who run it immune to criticism or questioning of their decisions

Unless you can somehow guarantee we're going back to back to back to back?

Because Geelong won the flag and I'm sure like many of you, the answer to every questioning of their decisions was probably "well we just won a flag so they're doing something right!"

Nek minit, 2023 happened to them...

That's fair.

Winning a flag doesn't make a team immune to criticism, and the club is likely to continue to make recruitment decisions that don't end well. All clubs do because none of them are able to predict the future.

But since we're talking about not doing sh*tty things... posters that presume to know more than the recruiters do... FMD

These are pros who are paid to consider each available player, in depth.

It's cool to disagree with the club's decisions. I enjoy reading the reasons why that may be but we're just fans with opinions looking at things from afar.

Context is important.

With all this caution and pessimism, when the guy came to tell you there was a danger in the rebel attack and suggested evacuation you told him to get ****ed. Where was your caution then? Nowhere to be found, and you got your ass vaporized.

But that was fine, because you are a ******* Grand Moff. A Big Cheese. Huge Banana. Not a ******* Nerf Herder. You blow s**t up. You invoke terror and not a little erotic frisson from a sneer. You are an alfa in a world of beta cucks like Admiral Ozzal. And a Grand Moff projects confidence. A Grand Moff wears a sick pair of shades so exploding planets reflect on the lenses and make a rad insta pic. A Grand Moff laughs in the face of nature and the petty worries of mere mortals(but not the force, because that dickhead Vader will force choke your ass).

Wrighty is a Grand Moff. Dekka eats Grand Moffs for breakfast, that's why he is so fat well rounded.

You aren't even a Grand Moff. You are some weedy subaltern who comes in to warn the Grand Moff about some puny X-Wings and you are rightfully ignored. And you get blown the * up anyway, so why not be a Grand Moff and not that guy?
I saw something the other day speculating that the destruction of the Death Star was an inside job insurance scam. Only one bloke survived and it was his son who did the job.

He said Harry would be happy because of that, and he’s probably right, if indeed Harry is capable of joy.

Nothing about the poster personally prioritising Jiath due to demographics.
He said nothing about skin colour either.

There's are tons of white Africans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's fair.

Winning a flag doesn't make a team immune to criticism, and the club is likely to continue to make recruitment decisions that don't end well. All clubs do because none of them are able to predict the future.

But since we're talking about not doing sh*tty things... posters that presume to know more than the recruiters do... FMD

These are pros who are paid to consider each available player, in depth.

It's cool to disagree with the club's decisions. I enjoy reading the reasons why that may be but we're just fans with opinions looking at things from afar.

Context is important.

Who presumes to know more than the recruiters?

The post of mine that was quoted was asking a question...not making a statement or proclamation. Let alone one that presumed knowledge greater than those in the role

This thread.

Who Knows Idk GIF

Who presumes to know more than the recruiters?

The post of mine that was quoted was asking a question...not making a statement or proclamation. Let alone one that presumed knowledge greater than those in the role

I should have stated in my post that I'm not accusing you of coming across that way. :thumbsu: Just wanted to bring balance that sh*tty things occur on both sides of the recruiting argument.

Too many people drink too much Kool Aid these days.
90% of these draft picks are speculative and will be lucky to play 50 games. In reality, playing a single AFL game is a major achievement. Creating a major fanfare and building (unreasonable) expectations probably does more harm than good. In reality, Jiath (appears) to be your typical “Collingwood 6 footer” run of the mill player. He’s unlikely to be a “spine” piece. Call me old fashioned. I like a spine. Though, we did win a flag without a conventional spine. Can we do it again? Who knows? I doubt it….
(That’s why I would’ve gone for an Archer Reid or Ollie Murphy. We could’ve got at least ONE).
You’re old fashioned.

But that was fine, because you are a ******* Grand Moff. A Big Cheese. Huge Banana. Not a ******* Nerf Herder. You blow s**t up. You invoke terror and not a little erotic frisson from a sneer. You are an alfa in a world of beta cucks like Admiral Ozzal. And a Grand Moff projects confidence. A Grand Moff wears a sick pair of shades so exploding planets reflect on the lenses and make a rad insta pic. A Grand Moff laughs in the face of nature and the petty worries of mere mortals(but not the force, because that dickhead Vader will force choke your ass).

You aren't even a Grand Moff. You are some weedy subaltern who comes in to warn the Grand Moff about some puny X-Wings and you are rightfully ignored. And you get blown the * up anyway, so why not be a Grand Moff and not that guy?
Deep. 🙏

There is no doubt you don't approve of this draft pick. You have title of Number 1 Top Contributor to this thread to prove it.
It’s not that I don’t approve…. It’s just that I’m not all that excited. (It’s what I said in my original post). I would’ve been pumped with Ollie Murphy or Reid.
But!….however…. All the best to the kid 👍

So maybe 10-12 of all kids drafted will play a decent amount of games, but you want us to have only recruited a tall bloke unlikely to play a decent number of games over someone we think more likely to play a decent number of games...
I reckon we really, really need a couple of KPP.

I’m not overly excited by this.
Sorry.
Would’ve preferred a solid key defender like Ollie Murphy.
Nathan Murphy is punchdrunk, Howe is long in the tooth, Dean’s body is made of glass, Frampton is a spud and if Moore gets injured we are screwed.
Complains about recruit.

Immediately lists a player that said recruit is most likely going to be developed to replace, as a reason to not be excited because we need to find a replacement for him.

:drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back