The AFL's new "beginners guide to AFL" video?

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I am sure many of you have seen this video from around 7 years ago explaining the rules of the AFL

but the AFL have just released a new version

I personally prefer the newer version as they are not going for the weird CGI that the first video is going for and personally I think they explain the rules better. In saying that though the voice overs in both videos are a bit annoying. The first video is an American, clearly targetting the American viewer, and the second video is two Australians but some of their comments are a bit cringy.

The first video has almost 2 million views so it is something that gets watched, presumably by people learning the game so I hope they like the newer video.

What do you think?

It does a better job of explaining the rules. Some of the commentary is a bit forced - but that's pretty minor. The fact they have Aussies and not that shitty fake American accent is a big plus. Overall I think they have done a good job.

Glad they have changed the terminology from 'AFL' to 'Australian Football'.

AFL is not a sport.

Yes it is, it is this new hybrid sport that we used to call Aussie Rules which unfortunately is no longer played as it’s fans never stood up for it and let a bunch of suits replace it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back