Random The Book Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Rereading Song of Ice and Fire series.
GoT did not capture how much of an epic bitch Catelyn Stark was to Jon Snow. Lady Stoneheart indeed.
Also, Patches is without doubt one scary bastard and I can’t believe they left him out of GoT.
Yeah thought he would be vital to the story, which he still may be for the books.

Hope you’re not re-reading in the hope TWOW will be released this millennium.

Yeah thought he would be vital to the story, which he still may be for the books.

Hope you’re not re-reading in the hope TWOW will be released this millennium.

They didn't put in Strong Belwas either. :(

Just finished reading A Man For All Markets by Ed Thorp. One of the few people alive today who can legitimately be called a genius.

If you're a Fantasy reader, I'm looking at you sataris , then this list of is fun to scroll down as well as a good little referance source to see what's available.
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/319.Best_Fantasy_Series_Trilogies_and_Duologies
Just saw this now! Briliant!! There's quite a few that I haven't read... thanks :)

You might like:

N.K. Jemisin - The Broken Earth Trilogy (#1 The Fifth Season, #2 The Obelisk Gate, #3 The Stone Sky) and The Inheritance Trilogy (#1 The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms, #2 The Broken Kingdoms, #3 The Kingdom of Gods)

Claire North - The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August

Ernest Cline - Ready Player One (I'm told the book is way better than the movie which I haven't seen. Might be a bit young for some, but I enjoyed it)

Just saw this now! Briliant!! There's quite a few that I haven't read... thanks :)

You might like:

N.K. Jemisin - The Broken Earth Trilogy (#1 The Fifth Season, #2 The Obelisk Gate, #3 The Stone Sky) and The Inheritance Trilogy (#1 The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms, #2 The Broken Kingdoms, #3 The Kingdom of Gods)

Ernest Cline - Ready Player One (I'm told the book is way better than the movie which I haven't seen. Might be a bit young for some, but I enjoyed it)
No worries, glad they helped.
In regard to Claire North - I prefer her Midnight Mayor series written under Kate Griffin.
Can recommend
The Goblin Emperor by Katherine Addison
The Rook and it’s follow up Stilleto by Daniel O’Malley. Brilliant female characters.

Back to the Freakonomics series, started reading Think like a Freak by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner.

You might like:

The hundred thousand kingdoms is awesome (see my short synopsis a few pages back)

I love Naha and Bright Itempas.

Felt really sorry both of them tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does everyone sit on the length of books they’ll buy these days?

I can’t bring myself to buy anything less than 300 pages and I balk at paying $5 for < 300.

I use a kindle almost exclusively. I haven't bought a book in a decade.

I use kindle on my iPad, I’ve tried libraries etc online, but I’m too big of a reader to be content..I feel the neeed, the need to read!:p

Oh I acquire books, Put 200+ on in the last couple of weeks.

*cough*

Used calibre for years, but it is a bit shitty tbh
Me too, as long as I've had an ebook. In what way is it shitty? It's heaps better than nothing. The whole series issue is a pain, let alone merging series...

Heard that there was something better coming a couple of years ago, maybe only 18 months ago, but never heard anything else...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back