The Gathering - Adelaide Boxing Fight Night

Remove this Banner Ad

PowerfulPies2023

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2023
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cornes, Thomas and especially Nathan Brown look absolutely ******* pathetic with their fight pose. Swanny looks good because he's not trying. A simple fist. The rest look shambolic at best.

Where's the press for this supposed to be today isn't it? What do you guys know about that Herring who's in the main event was he a former World Champ?
Nothing worse than AFL Footballers who think they can fight because they're tough on the football field. There's not many Wayne Carey's or Gary Ablett's who genuinely could fight and fight well. The rest think they can where as a small minority actually can.

Cornes, Thomas and especially Nathan Brown look absolutely ******* pathetic with their fight pose. Swanny looks good because he's not trying. A simple fist. The rest look shambolic at best.

Where's the press for this supposed to be today isn't it? What do you guys know about that Herring who's in the main event was he a former World Champ?
Nothing worse than AFL Footballers who think they can fight because they're tough on the football field. There's not many Wayne Carey's or Gary Ablett's who genuinely could fight and fight well. The rest think they can where as a small minority actually can.

Keep in mind there are some legit boxers on the card, I mean the footy fights will give it attention but it's still a legit card around that.

The money for this card is quite decent apparently, fighter from my gym was trying to get on it, it's double what they're getting for a fight around the same time.

Keep in mind there are some legit boxers on the card, I mean the footy fights will give it attention but it's still a legit card around that.

The money for this card is quite decent apparently, fighter from my gym was trying to get on it, it's double what they're getting for a fight around the same time.
how much mate?

There's a new addition to the Gathering Fight Card. Can't wait.

Glen Jackovich vs Allen Jackovich. The loser gets a kiss on the cheek.

Holy christ these AFL Footballers should have stayed retired. They make senior citizens look like 21 year olds they retired that long ago.

Entertaining and a bit if a laugh.
Hopefully this becomes a regular event on Gather Round week.
Yeah not bad..give a platform to some up and coming legit boxers. Would work even better if you could find AFL players who actually hated each other too like Jared Crouch and Aker or Libba Snr and Knights etc.

Was fun enough, really the NRL players are better to watch box, they're much tougher and and really there to throw down. That said respect for those who made the walk last night, takes balls no matter who you are.
Think you could find AFL players who would throw down. If you went through a list of ex players tho Brown, Cornes, Thomas wouldn't be on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You see Archer fake a punch on field and Carey absolutely brick it? Carey would have none in the ring imo

Good win for England though
Nah even Glen Archer said a few times if it was a real fight Carey would have flogged him apparently he was genuinely good in the ring

Guesses for Tyson Pedro’s boxing debut? I’ll go Lucas Browne
Who's he signed with?

Pedro isn't that big a name, I'm not sure Browne is one to debut on even though he's old. Pedro striking wasn't that good in MMA let alone boxing...

Think it'll be a no namer to get a feel for it before the odd NRL guy or something. I'd like to see Tai box more than Pedro - him v Browne would make a bit of sense tbh.

Did you see Lepai jr fight last night? Saw he won but people saying he's a better prospect than Huni might be jumping the gun? Then again this is just twitter accounts, hardly a popular opinion

Who's he signed with?

Pedro isn't that big a name, I'm not sure Browne is one to debut on even though he's old. Pedro striking wasn't that good in MMA let alone boxing...

Think it'll be a no namer to get a feel for it before the odd NRL guy or something. I'd like to see Tai box more than Pedro - him v Browne would make a bit of sense tbh.

Did you see Lepai jr fight last night? Saw he won but people saying he's a better prospect than Huni might be jumping the gun? Then again this is just twitter accounts, hardly a popular opinion

Pedro is signed with Danny Green, his debut will be in June on Stan apparently. Agreed his striking isn't that great, they kept saying they're not mucking around and it's a big name opponent, we'll see I guess.

Leapai was lucky to get the decision IMO, should have been a draw. He didn't fight too smart, probably should have kept his distance more, he fought in close quarters which is what his opponent seemed to want. Looks like he has power and he's ******* massive, he does have potential and a good surname.

June is pretty quick to jump straight in given he hasn't been doing exclusively boxing training until what 2 weeks ago? It'd have been MMA. That leads me to believe it won't be someone that good, he'll get killed if it is...

Think his Dad trains him, that never works out as well as it could but hope he improves quickly and goes onto big things. At his size, if he learns how to use it & gets some cardio he'll be good anyway, add some power and he'll be a freak

Agreed Topcampaigner

Shouldn't have got the nod. And yeah you're spot on Carey-Archer. Carey was as good as anyone he'd seen according to Archer. He said if he put one on Carey's chin, he would have copped 4 or 5 and it would have been good night.

Agreed Topcampaigner

Shouldn't have got the nod. And yeah you're spot on Carey-Archer. Carey was as good as anyone he'd seen according to Archer. He said if he put one on Carey's chin, he would have copped 4 or 5 and it would have been good night.
Might have been on open mic, that was the exact quote yeah Carey would have landed a few before he'd even realize

Always give credit where credit is due, Jimmyyyy.

Apologies to Nathan Brown. Here I was bagging the bloke and mocking him. He actually looked good and decent, and pulverised his opponent. Fair play son.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back