Food & Drink The Hangar Beer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a fantastic beer. They used to sell it by the stubbie at Football Park, it was definitely my beer of choice when I went there.

I've been drinking a decent amount of Coopers Lager lately. 1st Choice keep having it at $45 a carton so I keep buying it. Good drop.
Packs a big punch too, the stout. 7.4%!

Coopers Lager is a good session beer.

upload_2017-2-23_9-46-51-png.339225
After finding and enjoying this I ended up buying a crate - how can you say no to 10L for $60?

After 10L I was a bit over it.

What that meant was it took me a full year to venture back and discover they have this one too now. Very pleasant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When we were in Hobart the other year, went to Cascade Brewery and thought I'd give their wheatbeer a go. Man I couldn't stop drinking it. Twas a warm day and it just tasted right. Lucky we'd bussed it there and back. No banana for me.

Cascade Pale is a proper pale, from before the time where the term 'pale ale' became associated with overly fruit-laden garbage.

You can smash the Cascade Pales all day.

I'm alone in the office this afternoon for a go live, so in the interest of research, today I bought a 4 pack of Hoegaarden Witbier on the way in.

I'd never thought of associating wheat beer with bananas before and I can see where the comparison comes from.

I hate bananas, but like banana paddlepops and banana lollies. I can confirm that I still like wheat beer too.

I reckon Hoegaarden was the first non VB/Draught/Boags beer I ever tried, when I was 17. A relative gave me two four packs mistakenly thinking that my 17th birthday was actually my 18th; or so she claimed!

I thought it was delicious then and still have a soft spot now.

Always reminds me of the Falstaff hotel in Brussels on our honeymoon. My wife ordered hoegaarden and the bartender asked what size. She said "a big one" and he kept a totally straight face (though i suspected a giggle as he turned his back) and returned with a giant tumbler shaped glass bucket she had to clasp with both her small hands to drink.

I reckon Hoegaarden was the first non VB/Draught/Boags beer I ever tried, when I was 17. A relative gave me two four packs mistakenly thinking that my 17th birthday was actually my 18th; or so she claimed!

I thought it was delicious then and still have a soft spot now.
Good way to become someone's favourite relative

Remove this Banner Ad

Back