The Hangar Cricket Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haddin and kat the only other options,and they're too old. Haddin's, in comparison to the rest, good WC should mean he doesn't get dropped for Paine as I was fearing and he'll probably take the vc although Watson might get it. Wouldn't mind that. Might mean he stops referring every lbw against him. Ponting should stay in the team meaning one of hussey and kat must go. Ive said before I want hussey to go first and he should be the one. Hughes getting into his first real good run of form for over a year at the end of the season complicts things but usman for hussey for me. And then haddin and one of kat/ ponting at the end of the summer is probably the way to about it.

OD team tomorrow will be intersting. Reckon lee will stay in. But white might suffer a martyn-like scrapgoating. James pattinson will probably go. No idea how mckay, harris etc are going though. Haddin and ponting should stay

Next captain...

Warwick-Todd.jpg

watson vice captain. def would have perferred haddin 'least til the end of next summer but oh well

fairly disappointing OD squad. no real surprises. krejza out for doherty ("Xavier was not considered for the ICC Cricket World Cup because of a nagging back injury." he was ****ing fit and playing for tassie before the first wc match you fool), Lee in, Pattinson in, Dussey out due to personal reasons, Tim Paine still in the ****ing squad. awful stuff really. at least do something surprising.

("Xavier was not considered for the ICC Cricket World Cup because of a nagging back injury." he was ****ing fit and playing for tassie before the first wc match you fool)
The real joke is why they need to name squads so far out. Hopefully with the streamlined tournament they'll chop that.

What's wrong with Paine? Goes alright. Shouldn't have been dropped from the Test side IMHO.

EDIT: oh you're advocating Haddin. Nuff said. Guy bats like a 13 year old.

And he's been one of our top batsman over the past 6 months. Perhaps the others should follow. And Paine never should have made the test team. Chris hartley hit 600 odd runs and was named the player of the season in the shield season directly before Paine made his test debut. Paine may well bat like an 30yo, but he has made one fc century ever, in a match about 5 years ago in which he opened and didn't keep in. He's not the best keeper in FC, hartley is. He's not the best od keeper, wade is. The only thing in his favour is that he's the 2nd best option in both forms, while hartley is 4th in line for Oders and wade is 3rd for fc.. At least when we made Clarke the future captain he only had to be good enough for one of 3 spots...there's only one keeping spot

Would love to see Cameron White captain Australia one day tbh.

Just not a fan of Michael Clarke. We have a history brilliant captains: Greg Chappell, AB, Mark Taylor (greatest captain of all time imo) and Steve Waugh. Ponting wasn't s**t, but not great and now we have Clarke... probably the shittest captain since Kim ****ing Hughes.

I rate Waugh as the best that I can remember (Taylor, Waugh, Ponting).

I don't rate Clarke either, haven't ever really (as a captain), but he impressed me during the ODI series in Australia. He's a lot more attacking than Ponting, generally.

White, while the best captain in the country (at least from what I've seen), doesn't warrant a place on his batting or (non-existent) bowling. His World Cup for example was attrocious.

We can't afford to be carrying another non-performer, let alone due to the captaincy. Hopefully Clarke's turned the corner in that respect.

Paine got in the Test side, made a few runs, kept well, got dropped for a guy 6 or 8 years his elder who can't keep. Says it all really about where the ACB is at. Haddin 2 or 3 good knocks since then = meal ticket until whenever he wants to pull the pin.

TBH I'm not really that fussed about who does come in as long as it's someone who can keep, and someone who can play both forms and will be there for 5-8 years. I like Paine but if Hartley does enough, happy to see him in too.

The real joke is why they need to name squads so far out. Hopefully with the streamlined tournament they'll chop that.

missed this. the 30 man squad is named pretty far out but that's pretty much a waste of time anyway so. the 15 man squad was what 25 days? that's about right i reckon. The selectors just handled it...bizarrely. we've got a history of taking players to WC's that will miss the opening games and it's been fine. given paine was there and that the doctor was saying hussey would be fine by the 3rd game Hussey being dropped was totally bizarre. doherty was slightly less bizarre but he def should have been given a chance. it def. cost us. aside from doherty being a million times better as a OD bowler than krejza when dougeh got injured (and i've raised the "well why did he go?" question before) instead of getting nannes in there (who of course should have been there from the start) to replace him and then tait in the team we had to bring hussey in. we lost the wc there imo. (not that we had much of a chance anyway, but still).

scene's all set for a sachin golden duck in the final, and then kumar hitting 201*

Going for the power going down like last time, or a nutter Tamil and/or Kashmiri separatist element in the crowd TBH.

Either side will fall across the line. Not an impressive tournament whatsoever.
Australia's fallen in a heap and all the other sides are standing around looking at each other awkwardly, not sure what to do next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back