Politics The Hangar Tinfoil/Spirituality/Off key ramblings thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Excuse me if its a bit off, I find racism abhorrent, but I have been wondering if this banana lady is all a set up. It all seems too ridiculous - the fact she didn't go off earlier in the game if its alleged she brought the banana as some sort of deliberate act. Gil comes out straight away drumming up a media frenzy - no doubt in his mind it was a planned racist attack. Front page just in time for finals tickets to go on sale how about that.

There's no excusing the actions of somebody doing this, I want to make that clear, I just feel cynical about the way it has all exploded no questions asked.

It seemed a bit fishy after reading the womans apology, which was obviously written by someone in PR.

It seemed a bit fishy after reading the womans apology, which was obviously written by someone in PR.
Jesus christ, so articulate for somebody whose A-game was throwing a banana and calling someone a monkey

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-...egrets-'momentary-lapse-of-judgement'/7775068
Going to a game of football is meant to be a fun and enjoyable event for all and I apologise for ruining it for so many

I regret my momentary lapse of judgement and I did not attend the game with the predetermined attitude of bringing the game into disrepute
Yeah, going to the football is enjoyable for everyone. Where can I queue for tickets?

Gil didn't even need to get involved, he made more of a deal of it than needed to be, big media blow up.

You had fellow fans point her out, her club offer perma bans and education. Seems a pretty swift and fair response to me. Gil should have said well done port, well handled.

What happens when these total strangers share eye contact for a whole minute?
  • gettyimages-492865500.jpg

The results are quite extraordinary.

On one day in June last year, a public experiment was conducted in Perth, Australia to find out how people would respond when they were invited to share eye contact with a stranger for a full minute.
What happens next is surprisingly poignant.

Although no words were spoken, many participants found themselves getting quite emotional. In the quiet moments they shared with the person sitting opposite, it was almost as though they came to a mutual understanding.

Watch the heartwarming experiment unfold below.

The video, which has since gone viral, was created by a social activist collective called The Liberators International. Founded by artist Peter Sharp, the organisation describe their mission as, “To involve people in participatory acts of freedom that allow us to see that beyond our differences there is love and humanity.”

Holding someone’s gaze can reveal intimate details about emotions and intentions. It’s hardly surprising then that many find eye contact to be more powerful than words.

This is so good!!

if people dont think we are all deeply connected they are crazy!... i mean, words are only but a speck of what we can use to communicate, all it takes is to look into someones eyes for two minutes and it can bring you to tears? maybe its because you see yourself in there, without all the bs, the bravado, the rubbish in the way - just two people looking into each others eyes, all thats needed to break everything down and get back to basics, i am you, you am i.

i reckon id struggle to stay there for two minutes!, to confronting for me. Dont really know what im scared of but i really struggle with eye contact, i find people that can do it, use it to intimidate, which i find sad.

anyhow, what do you think of this?

Yes I think there is some truth about eyes being the window to your soul.
That video was really good, I found it kind of moving. (I liked how the smiles became infectious)
I think it would be pretty intense to try that experiment, but I would probably give it a go.
I like making eye contact, but definitely not in an intimidating way.

Also, I don't think it's new concept, Larry David has been doing it for years.

Yes I think there is some truth about eyes being the window to your soul.
That video was really good, I found it kind of moving. (I liked how the smiles became infectious)
I think it would be pretty intense to try that experiment, but I would probably give it a go.
I like making eye contact, but definitely not in an intimidating way.

Also, I don't think it's new concept, Larry David has been doing it for years.

what if you got Benjamen Netanyahu and mahmood abbas to sit and look in each other eyes for 5 minutes - i wonder what the result would be ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back