Competition The Inaugural Big Footy Cup 2024

It's a competition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Like the title says this is the inaugural BF SC cup. It will be a knock out competition commencing after the byes (probably round 16, depending on numbers) as most teams will be full premo by then.

Everyone that would like to participate please post your team names below and I'll generate a draw in the week leading up to the first round.

Tie breaker in the event of draw will be highest captains score.

I want to play you Round 16 your up 7-2 against me this year it should be any easy kill :moustache:

triple h wrestling GIF by WWE

Lets rumble..

Team: Glorin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In - Free Dean Towers

Like the title says this is the inaugural BF SC cup. It will be a knock out competition commencing after the byes (probably round 16, depending on numbers) as most teams will be full premo by then.

Everyone that would like to participate please post your team names below and I'll generate a draw in the week leading up to the first round.

Tie breaker in the event of draw will be highest captains score.
Looking forward to this. Might be good to start it in Round 17 so we can focus on the bigfooty bigfreeze comp in Round 16?

Looking forward to this. Might be good to start it in Round 17 so we can focus on the bigfooty bigfreeze comp in Round 16?

It would depend on regos. A six-round bracket would need 64 participants, which it looks like we're well on the way to achieving. If you were to start at Round 17, that would mean the Grand Final is in Round 22, which would probably work as I'm presuming you want it to be more of an in-season tournament, Maybe Tomorrow?

Means you avoid the resting of players in Round 24, plus most people's attention will be on league GFs at that stage. Might want to cap at 64, otherwise we'll need 128 people to keep the bracket equitable haha.

Sure can start it in RD17 in that case. I'll edit the OP.

It would depend on regos. A six-round bracket would need 64 participants, which it looks like we're well on the way to achieving. If you were to start at Round 17, that would mean the Grand Final is in Round 22, which would probably work as I'm presuming you want it to be more of an in-season tournament, Maybe Tomorrow?

Means you avoid the resting of players in Round 24, plus most people's attention will be on league GFs at that stage. Might want to cap at 64, otherwise we'll need 128 people to keep the bracket equitable haha.
If it starts round 17 with max 128 it would require 7 rounds with 128 starters I think (I think). So finishing round 23.

53 entries so far. I'd rather not turn folk away (the whole point is maintaining interest late in the season).

If it starts round 17 with max 128 it would require 7 rounds with 128 starters I think (I think). So finishing round 23.

53 entries so far. I'd rather not turn folk away (the whole point is maintaining interest late in the season).
Yeah, 128 starters for seven rounds. Maybe see if WaynesWorld19 can get Chief to put up a banner to advertise and help generate more regos. If it's below 128, you'd probably need a seeding system to see who bypasses the first round (that would be a ton of work lol)

64 would be good - otherwise, you may have to introduce "Lucky Loser" rules :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back