Competition The McInnes Prize For Season 37 - Better Late Than Never

Remove this Banner Ad

Entrant Five - DenieD New
kengettingbullied.jpeg

Ken Bullied at School

Ken was looking forward to his first day of school. He put on his favourite Barbie shirt and bandana, hoping to make new friends. But he quickly found out that kids can be cruel.

DenieD

Entrant Six - big_icky New
big icky old school.png

Old School Cool

This newspaper advertisement from days gone by evokes the feeling of 'old school cool', with long disused shield logos from a simpler time in Sweet FA graphic design. Topped off by an undoubtedly politically incorrect yet timeless sponsor.

big_icky

Entrant Seven - Mobbs New
SundayTooFarAwayForQooty.jpg

Sunday Too Far Away (for Qooty)

In Season 37, a fixturing consultant exploits the undiscovered mysteries of the calendar, sending two teams on a chilling journey into the depths of the school week.

Mobbs

Final Days For Nominations New
mcinnes header.JPG

* PA noises *

Attention shoopers, this contest will be closing in approximately two days. To ensure appropriate consideration of your entry please bring your shooping to the checkout as soon as possible.

Thank you for shooping with The McInnes Prize, have a red hot weekend.

[looking at you specifically Gralin but also at the rest of youse]

View attachment 1998886

* PA noises *

Attention shoopers, this contest will be closing in approximately two days. To ensure appropriate consideration of your entry please bring your shooping to the checkout as soon as possible.

Thank you for shooping with The McInnes Prize, have a red hot weekend.

[looking at you specifically Gralin but also at the rest of youse]
Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Entrant Eight - serial_thrilla New
thrilla s37.png

New Sweet School Principal

As the first painted image of ClarkeM to be revealed since his recent ascension, this puts down a marker for how the admin wishes to create his own visual legacy. The butterfly located above ClarkeM’s shoulder is representative of not only his transformation to league monarch, but also his passion for environmental causes.

serial_thrilla

View attachment 1999490

New Sweet School Principal

As the first painted image of ClarkeM to be revealed since his recent ascension, this puts down a marker for how the admin wishes to create his own visual legacy. The butterfly located above ClarkeM’s shoulder is representative of not only his transformation to league monarch, but also his passion for environmental causes.

serial_thrilla
Let’s see who carks it first. Me or Charles…

Entrant Nine - Gralin New
School of Delons.png

School of Delons

Our teacher at Mount Buller High got sick, the substitute teacher cooney was looking for musicians to help win battle of the bands. So with the help of his senior students a new band was formed.

This is a photo from our performance, cooney on lead guitar and vocals with manangatang on bass, jmoo wan on drums and Gralin on keyboards.

Gralin

Entrant Ten - Grav New
grav s37.jpeg

Captains And/Or Associates*

Being shown what is expected from them in Season 38 to make SFA relevant again. 😉
( n this day & age, because some Captains are in dresses, do not be quick to judge)

* (because Captains avatars are unsuitable)

Grav

Tonga Bob

I've only just been told about this Art Prize, so I hope I haven't missed the deadline here.
As the thread title says better late than never!
See below a few of my hand drawn pics made especially for the Quooty that have made appearances this season.

IMG_8710.jpeg IMG_8712.jpeg IMG_8709.jpeg Pasted Graphic 4.png Pasted Graphic 3.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Entrant Eleven - DemurePrincess New
demure s37.png

The Curse of Fatima

Fatima left Abdu High School for a better life and the Bombers have been a shambles ever since - how is that wooden spoon feeling now Baghdad?

DemurePrincess

Entrant Twelve - Pamcake1 New
pamcake s37.jpeg

Qooty Qapers

School days in Carlton.
When the bell rang for recess or lunch at school and you bolted out the door to the quad to kick the footy around.
Inner city schools, no ovals of grass just an asphalt quad and a bit of spare land around the school buildings.
The footy used to get pretty beaten up, knees and elbows too when you came a cropper but you kept doing it.
The fever sets in early, winning and losing, gaining scuffs and patches, splitting your seams.
Living large when you were small and that small ball loomed so large.

Pamcake1

Competition Update New
mcinnes header.JPG

Good morning art lovers,

As you would no doubt be aware, the home and away season for season 37 has reached a conclusion. And with that, the McInnes Prize entry window is now closed. Many thanks to the twelve people that submitted entries - big_icky DemurePrincess DenieD Dinsdale Falconista Gralin Grav Mobbs Pamcake1 serial_thrilla spudmaster and Tigerturbulance.

JoshWoodenSpoon has spent the past 24 hours in a cave examining each of the entries intimately and has made his adjudications. The good people at Ermagerd Security have since taken possession of JWS' findings and are storing them in a secure location until the Grand Announcement Ceremony which will take place this Friday 1 evening (the 31st of May for those that like dates). We shall send Autumn off with a Shoopstravazanza!

In the meantime, the entries are being exhibited at the Sweet Art Gallery, conveniently located wherever Mobbs cares to build it. Please enjoy.

s37 entries.png

View attachment 2003741

Good morning art lovers,

As you would no doubt be aware, the home and away season for season 37 has reached a conclusion. And with that, the McInnes Prize entry window is now closed. Many thanks to the twelve people that submitted entries - big_icky DemurePrincess DenieD Dinsdale Falconista Gralin Grav Mobbs Pamcake1 serial_thrilla spudmaster and Tigerturbulance.

JoshWoodenSpoon has spent the past 24 hours in a cave examining each of the entries intimately and has made his adjudications. The good people at Ermagerd Security have since taken possession of JWS' findings and are storing them in a secure location until the Grand Announcement Ceremony which will take place this Friday 1 evening (the 31st of May for those that like dates). We shall send Autumn off with a Shoopstravazanza!

In the meantime, the entries are being exhibited at the Sweet Art Gallery, conveniently located wherever Mobbs cares to build it. Please enjoy.

View attachment 2003803
1716954358770.jpeg

help me he won't let me out I have to wee in pottery
So that's what the smell was

Friday 1 evening (the 31st of May for those that like dates
Seeing that we the Bombers are not playing, I see this is being presented in lieu of Guerilla Radio, good timing Bob 😉
Any particular dress standards to view the entries, or can I just sit here in me Reg Grundies & enjoy the evening?

Seeing that we the Bombers are not playing, I see this is being presented in lieu of Guerilla Radio, good timing Bob 😉
Any particular dress standards to view the entries, or can I just sit here in me Reg Grundies & enjoy the evening?
Wear what you want I'm not your dad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back