Competition Rate the Opposition MVP - Season 37 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

rateoppo.png

It died under GWS Goose, AnUltimateRessie launched a hostile take over, it actually got a winner last season, it's back yet again....

It's the Rate the Opposition Most Valuable Player Award Season 37 edition!

Congratulations to Gralin who won it by half a point last season.

All players are entitled to vote and rate the opposition's contribution to the thread in the classic 3, 2, 1 format. At the end of the round the votes will be tallied up and consolidated into a consensus vote.

For a matter of simplification. Essentially if 5 players from a team vote, those votes will be totalled with the poster with the most combined votes getting 3, second most 2 and third highest the 1.

Optionally, please feel free to rate the whole thread between 1 and 5.

A good template for this would be:
Round x vs TEAM

3. PLAYER
2. PLAYER
1. PLAYER

Thread: 1-5 /5

I'll try to update you all on the leaderboard each week, as per usual. For clarity's sake and since it was such a problem last season ALL VOTES do get chased up by seasons end, even if a team misses a week early. The more voters we get from a club, the more accurate the results will be.​

Do you have a preference on where you receive the votes, via PM or on this thread? I know last season was a mixture
preferably this thread with a cute little tag to make sure they know they are doing a good job around here.

Any chance teams get off the fence and choose 3 players instead of splitting votes between every one who posted more than once?

Any chance teams get off the fence and choose 3 players instead of splitting votes between every one who posted more than once?
doubt-press-x.gif

King Tenz and I love your idea though

View attachment 1898225

It died under GWS Goose, AnUltimateRessie launched a hostile take over, it actually got a winner last season, it's back yet again....

It's the Rate the Opposition Most Valuable Player Award Season 37 edition!

Congratulations to Gralin who won it by half a point last season.

All players are entitled to vote and rate the opposition's contribution to the thread in the classic 3, 2, 1 format. At the end of the round the votes will be tallied up and consolidated into a consensus vote.

For a matter of simplification. Essentially if 5 players from a team vote, those votes will be totalled with the poster with the most combined votes getting 3, second most 2 and third highest the 1.

Optionally, please feel free to rate the whole thread between 1 and 5.

A good template for this would be:

I'll try to update you all on the leaderboard each week, as per usual. For clarity's sake and since it was such a problem last season ALL VOTES do get chased up by seasons end, even if a team misses a week early. The more voters we get from a club, the more accurate the results will be.​
Ophidian Old Boys will be dedicating 3 people to vote every week as we support this incentive.

However you need to address the fact that teams that don't vote are at an advantage as they receive votes but don't award votes. OOBs will be awarding 15 votes every week, if the team we play doesn't vote we receive 0 votes and they get 15.

Not sure how you deal with this, but it sucks a team who does nothing can have players win this because the opposition was pro-active

Ophidian Old Boys will be dedicating 3 people to vote every week as we support this incentive.

However you need to address the fact that teams that don't vote are at an advantage as they receive votes but don't award votes. OOBs will be awarding 15 votes every week, if the team we play doesn't vote we receive 0 votes and they get 15.

Not sure how you deal with this, but it sucks a team who does nothing can have players win this because the opposition was pro-active
Appreciate the OOBs support.

I don't exactly understand the issue though? All votes get condensed into a 3,2,1 format (eg- 3, Bob, 2, Nick, 1, Fred + 3 Nick, 2 Chris, 1 Bob = 3 Nick, 2 Bob, 1 Chris and by the end of the season every team for every game should have 6 votes spread out among their players.

Gralin won last season and the Demons were one of the most active voters throughout.

The votes end up consolidated to address this. The problem is if no one votes for a team.

The votes end up consolidated to address this. The problem is if no one votes for a team.
all good, OOB have now got a dedicated 3 voters plus other posters who want to occasionally vote to be part of it

Then votes automatically go to the most active posters in the thread if no one votes for that team.

Probably why I finished so high up last season.

Then votes automatically go to the most active posters in the thread if no one votes for that team.
Incorrect, I catch up with real votes from the teams eventually.

For clarity's sake and since it was such a problem last season ALL VOTES do get chased up by seasons end, even if a team misses a week early.

Round 1 vs Roys

3. Mobbs - The least I could do after the man gave me a Sweet property. Massive posting numbers but amazingly wasn't spam.
2. tigs2010 - Deserved 3 votes in a normal week but what can you do. Active as hell and always entertaining.
1. Phar Ace - Some witty banter that snuck up on me. Quality posting.

Thread: 4/5

A great way to start season 37. A nice easy week with a good range of topics. Couldn't want more really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Round 1 vs. Bears

3. Tandy
2. tony
1. Cap

Thread: 4.5/5

Very active thread all week which are almost always the more fun threads. Probably would be a 5 if not for the whole drama early in the week, I expect better from people on here.

Hawks v Bombers
3 Pugsley
2 Kilroy
1 gab213

Thread: 4.5/5

Most enjoyable thread I can remember with the Bombers. Their posters were a breath of fresh air and took the thread in good humour. Exciting season to come from them if that’s the standard to expect. Glad we’ll get a repeat match.

The three votegetters from me all engaged throughout the week and were probably the instigators in keeping the thread fluid and in the right spirit.

Probably why I finished so high up last season.
I'm on the record as being against high post counts being a measure of worth.
I'd like something else to occur in that scenario.
But I couldn't be arsed running it anymore, so am happy with what ever AnUltimateRessie decides.
I am expecting the winner to be declared the Goose medal winner.

But I couldn't be arsed running it anymore, so am happy with what ever AnUltimateRessie decides.
I also agree, if I use activity, it's only temporary so I can get that weeks result out. All votes come from the clubs ranking the opposition by seasons end

At Baghdad, we are peking ducks.

Better a great wit than a halfwit or a dimwit. I always try to be the former (although don’t always succeed).

I speak to plenty of halves and dims daily. You certainly aren't one of those.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back