Media TiFmedia Presents... Sweet FA Three Things I Learnt This Week - Season 37 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

1) There are plenty of folk eager to learn the fine arts of Shooping, and there are also plenty of folk willing to teach them;
2) Stokey is the Harry McKay of the SFA;
3) Piggy Smalls plays better with swine flu.
Sad Arrested Development GIF

1. The next total solar eclipse occurs 22 July 2028 and the best place to watch it will be on a ship
2. Posting more frequently helps you to get to know the teams. Before this season it was all a blur. Who knew?
3. beez smells divine and hates dogs ... :think:

Cat GIF by BuzzFeed
Cat Lover GIF by Shark Week

1. The next total solar eclipse occurs 22 July 2028 and the best place to watch it will be on a ship
2. Posting more frequently helps you to get to know the teams. Before this season it was all a blur. Who knew?
3. beez smells divine and hates dogs ... :think:

Cat GIF by BuzzFeed
Cat Lover GIF by Shark Week

He has ever since S21.

Three Things - Rd 6 New
HjVGH3Q.png

THREE THINGS I LEARNT THIS WEEK

ROUND 6

Three things I learnt this week...

1. Looks like there's still some bad blood between AnUltimateRessie 's Wonders and the ex. Looking forward to damicky's tell all book on shelves at local bookstores soon.
  2. Art Vandelay_ got a qooty lesson today and took it like a champ. I don't care what Matera92 says about you, you're alright. Also, #Flagwazzas is back.
  3. Starting to think big_icky is a poorly disguised serial_thrilla alt. First tags & lists, now spreadsheets and stats for no particular reason? Riiiiiiight... 🧐

Over to you Sweet FA, what did you learn this week? :think:

1. Starting to think @big_icky is a poorly disguised @serial_thrilla alt. First tags & lists, now spreadsheets and stats for no particular reason? Riiiiiiight... 🧐
No one ever told me Lists were just a gateway drug to spreadsheets and pivot tables; serial_thrilla has lead me down a dark path indeed.

Looks like there's still some bad blood between @AnUltimateRessie 's Wonders and the ex. Looking forward to @damicky's tell all book on shelves at local bookstores soon.
title should be "I ruined a club and retired"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HjVGH3Q.png

ROUND 6

1. Looks like there's still some bad blood between AnUltimateRessie 's Wonders and the ex. Looking forward to damicky's tell all book on shelves at local bookstores soon.
  2. Art Vandelay_ got a qooty lesson today and took it like a champ. I don't care what Matera92 says about you, you're alright. Also, #Flagwazzas is back.
  3. Starting to think big_icky is a poorly disguised serial_thrilla alt. First tags & lists, now spreadsheets and stats for no particular reason? Riiiiiiight... 🧐

FB_IMG_1680777209081.jpg

Three Things - Rd 7 New
HjVGH3Q.png

ROUND 7

1. Big week for Sweet FA related outfitters and fancy dress shops, with Wigs & pants adorned celebrations the mode du jour.
  2. When everybody gets their teamsheets wrong it's surprisingly less fun. Thankfully omgfridge lifted our spirits with a straight up vanilla teamsheet f**k up by just not posting one at all.
  3. Jabba73's persona resides in an echo chamber of delusion. I mean, I already knew that... but every now and then you get a stark reminder. This week it was off the wall admin conspiracy dribble. Totally normal stuff. :thumbsu:

We have the bye this week.

Qooty has had a downturn with AFL starting.

We all wish we had a Serong. TheInjuryFactory was seen in the early of this morning in Northbridge celebrating with his se......mankini.

@TheInjuryFactory was seen in the early of this morning in Northbridge celebrating with his se......mankini

I missed it which TheInjuryFactory turned up?

Hmmm! On second thoughts, it doesn’t matter, I’m just glad I did miss it. 🥴

phonto.jpeg phonto.jpeg

HjVGH3Q.png

ROUND 7

1. Big week for Sweet FA related outfitters and fancy dress shops, with Wigs & pants adorned celebrations the mode du jour.
  2. When everybody gets their teamsheets wrong it's surprisingly less fun. Thankfully omgfridge lifted our spirits with a straight up vanilla teamsheet f**k up by just not posting one at all.
  3. Jabba73's persona resides in an echo chamber of delusion. I mean, I already knew that... but every now and then you get a stark reminder. This week it was off the wall admin conspiracy dribble. Totally normal stuff. :thumbsu:

Normal?!?!?

That was some of my finest work you uneducated and ungrateful heathen.

Three Things - Rd 8 New
HjVGH3Q.png

ROUND 8

1. Exactly how early is too early for a match posting to start? Not sure we know for certain, but we may have just found out...
  2. Chief clearly didn't get my fax
  3. Where's all the media gone?!?! 🧐

1. Where's all the media gone?!?! 🧐
You must have missed the best thread of the week

I am blaming Elton Johns Wig for refusing to grant this bye week thread an official "Match Thread" prefix along with the stickied thread privileges.

Luckily we kept it busy enough for it to stay near the top of the front page.

Where's all the media gone?!?! 🧐

I think everyone has forgotten how to have fun & take the mickey out of one another, some take it too peronally & it turns to 💩

Then we have these groups of “school girl clique” groups admonishing members from other “ “ groups for trying to be funny.

Is SFA past it’s used by date? Can it be resurrected? Will the coup be successful?

What moves has Wiggy got up his sleeve?

I think everyone has forgotten how to have fun & take the mickey out of one another, some take it too peronally & it turns to 💩

Then we have these groups of “school girl clique” groups admonishing members from other “ “ groups for trying to be funny.

Is SFA past it’s used by date? Can it be resurrected? Will the coup be successful?

What moves has Wiggy got up his sleeve?

Usually this place goes in cycles, goes down then back up again, but its been on the down way longer this time around.

I think unless something drastic changes, the SFA is on its last legs. 5-10 seasons time and itll be back at Season 1 levels.

I don't personally believe its anyones fault, or because anyones soft, we are just struggling to get new people in. A lot of it is to do with the fact that the type of peope (especially younger people) who are likely to be interested in something like the SFA don't tend to join older forum style formats like Bigfooty, they are on platforms like reddit or discord.

Its time is certainly coming imo. SFA has been around for 20+ years, and for a niche little footy game like this that is pretty bloody good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back