Media TiFmedia Sweet FA Power Rankings - Season 37

Remove this Banner Ad

lLk5Naq.png

#8 - Fighting Furies

In 8th spot we find a team slowly on the rise up the TiFmedia Power Rankings, with the Furies up 4 spots over the off season from 12th ranked club in the comp to end S36. After finding themselves 13th from 13 clubs in the inaugural TiFmedia Power Rankings in S35, the Furies have quietly gone about consolidating their list after the Old Boys expansion and e-girl implosion decimated their stocks.

But co-captains omgfridge & James Colorado have since steadied the ship, and have shifted the club out of merger considerations much to the dismay of the powerbrokers behind The Old Fury Boys FFC franchise (namely me). With multiple seasons of list growth and only bit part players clearing out their lockers over that same period, the algorithm has looked upon the Furies kindly. Despite the overall list on paper being very 'workman-like', the top end quality is there and the club has found a new quirky, kitsch identity out of all the wreckage.

While on field despite their best efforts, they finished dead bang smack in the middle of the pack, just missing out on finals in S36 having failed to reach the dizzying heights of their third placed finish in Season 35.

4rse0pf.png

OFF SEASON AT A GLANCE...
Notable Moves

IN:

Nil

OUT:

Brick Loosener

to Gumbies FFC
One of the hardest elements of list management for clubs rebuilding their list or struggling for buy in is retention, and the Furies have steadfastly retained the gains of recent seasons (ShaunDuggan, Frothies Mcveigh), while simultaneously developing their home grown talent like James Colorado & Frederico_WA into leadership roles within the club. All without a dumpster, or neck punch, or love muscle within sight.

The only notable loss over the off season was the return to sender of former now current again Gumbies list clogger Brick Loosener who moved back to his former home at the 11th hour. Bovo also moved back to Baghdad, however the algorithm didn't deem that worthy to mention at all, but I felt bad for him so I will out of courtesy.

Having consolidated that talent over the past 2-3 seasons, the next step would be to woo a high profile player from another club with an enticing premium position that a cursory glance at their teamsheet suggests they could dangle quite easily. Failing that, after a season without a notable recruit, recruiting another couple of strong veteran types a la Duggs & Frothies would also go some way to further bolstering their list.

Did NaturalDisaster retire? I must have missed it.

eRRY3p1.png

Now despite their protestations, the Furies did reasonably well on the field in S36 despite failing to recapture their scintilating Season 35 form with a 7 win, 7 loss season from 14 starts. In fact, they clearly outstripped their own expectations on the Qooty front, as a desperate last ditch attempt to contend for the spoon saw them miss a teamsheet deadline. Sadly for the club leaders it was a case of too little, too late to outdo the Old Boys who outshat the bed on them to claim the wooden spoon outright. But that's not to say it was a failure.

In fact, the ensuing 4 point penalty ensured they would miss out on finals despite having qualified with their superior win/loss record to the Dees... a domino effect that would see the Dees snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, as they bundled out my beloved Warriors from the finals race with an unlikely week one finals win.

So yeah, actually f**k you Furies. campaigners.

Individually they were yet another club to not register a single All-SFA selection in S36, but we know S36 was one of the weirdest All-SFA sides in recent memory so we can hardly hold that against them. Full forward ShaunDuggan finished a reasonable 7th in the Fred, but was a fair way off the clubhouse leaders for a club that should have played finals. Mobbs Medal wise, and S36 recruit Frothies Mcveigh enjoyed a strong season to finish 7th overall and just 4 votes adrift of the winner.

While in the beez, they would manage two top 20 finishers in Frederico_WA & James Colorado, with fellow skipper omgfridge giving them 3 in the top 50.

So once again, despite their ongoing quest for the wooden spoon and the form this season to match it, things are on the up at the hippodrome in Season 37. It will be interesting to see from afar if they can take the next step with some savvy recruiting to push themselves up into the upper echelon of the competition.
Top write up TIF. I liked the part where you infer we haven't been trying to recruit anyone of importance over the last few seasons. <checks LG PM for wiretaps>

Perfect time to segue into our S38 recruitment campaign.

Interested? PM omgfridge or James Colorado between the minutes of 2:36am and 2:38am AEST with your 5,000 word application to join us for next season.

Thank you and good night.

We've had 17 posters turn up for a thread this season, not big numbers but still contributors. Would not of believed that after couple seasons ago when we would struggle to get 6 posters to a match thread after the great furies list massacre.

The coup of Barrybran for next season should get us a mention in next season's notable ins.
Barrybran set your alarm! It's on!

Top write up TIF. I liked the part where you infer we haven't been trying to recruit anyone of importance over the last few seasons. <checks LG PM for wiretaps>
Well Fred, my inbox has remained flaccid and unused so I just assume you don't want anyone special at all.

The coup of @Barrybran for next season should get us a mention in next season's notable ins.
Barrybran:

lD4EYg6.png

Are you Jabba73 or is he Donald Trump. With this statement from you now I'm REALLY confused.
Easily done unfortunately.

If TheInjuryFactory has done something that less than 1 percent of the competition can claim to have done, then he is elite at that, whatever it is.

Your obsession with “winning” something rather than celebrating uniqueness is quite unedifying.

Be better.

Easily done unfortunately.

If TheInjuryFactory has done something that less than 1 percent of the competition can claim to have done, then he is elite at that, whatever it is.

Your obsession with “winning” something rather than celebrating uniqueness is quite unedifying.

Be better.
Don’t project Jabba.

Be better.

I have NO obsession with winning. If I did I’d play myself in a prime spot and chase AllSFA etc

The fact I’ve been Full Back, CHF etc lately says a lot.

What I do have is a fit of the giggles at you for your “it’s not losing” theme.

Don’t draw the bow between the 2, it’s not there.

I can’t do much if your perception isn’t in any way lined up with reality. That’s a you problem.

Don’t project Jabba.

Be better.

I have NO obsession with winning. If I did I’d play myself in a prime spot and chase AllSFA etc

The fact I’ve been Full Back, CHF etc lately says a lot.

I can’t do much if your perception isn’t in any way lined up with reality. That’s a you problem.
But sir EJW...

Someone's perception IS their reality.

Which says a lot for this place quite frankly.

I didn't make the comparison until you dragged me here tagging me for that very reason.

Nice "no you" though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7th - Las Vegas Bears New
NpVRsgQ.png

#7 - Las Vegas Bears

Coming in once again at 7th in the TiFmedia Power Rankings are the Las Vegas Bears, sliding down a spot from their end of Season 36 position as we review the clubs for Season 37. This time last season we here at TiFmedia praised the Bears for their newfound stability and they've maintained the status quo with very little change over the off season.

The Bears enjoyed a sensational season on the field in S37, finishing 2nd on the ladder just two points adrift of top spot and barnstorming their way through the finals series and into the decider. Only to have their dreams dashed by the fairytale story that was the Gumbies saluting 20 seasons after their first and only flag.

But the good news for Bears fans is they once again look in good nick having split their wins and losses so far in S37 to sit in top four contention after the first month and a half of Qooty.

4rse0pf.png

Notable Moves

IN:

Nil

OUT:

Nil

Yes, before some muppet from the Bears jumps down our throats about their big marquee signing I must have missed, we know the Bears brought in former Phoenix skipper Chipmunk and yes, he's proven himself to be quality in the past. And yes, we're equally fond of him here at TiFmedia, but no sadly the algorithm has no recent form to compute and therefore does not rate his return as notable for the purposes of Power Rankings.

I know this will blow the minds of some, but if you knew a bit more about how algorithms work then I'm sure you would understand. But you don't, so you won't, and that's ok. Just know that I do, so I do, and that means that while a nice addition and I am sure there's a nice, warm and fuzzy feeling in the rooms with the rodent under the roof, the jury is still out on this one. We'll have something to go on next season but until then, the algorithm essentially says... k. But it's a capital K perhaps? If that makes everyone feel better?

No outgoings is a plus, and the list on paper looks reasonably strong, but are they all active? Are the Bears happy with their engagement? Could they bring a couple of speculative players through to find a spot for in the side? The answer to all of those questions from the outside looking in appears to be 'possibly'.

eRRY3p1.png

The Bears will no doubt still be nursing broken hearts and well and truly licking their wounds having pushed the Gumbies for a quarter and half at most before being blown off the park in the S36 Grand Final, ultimately lowering their colours to the tune of 54 points as the Gumbies romped home to claim a well deserved Premiership after finishing minor premiers and proving far too good on the day.

But despite shitting the bed in the granny, they enjoyed a red hot season proper, with 8 wins and a draw from their 14 starts Individually, the Bears enjoyed three selections in the S35 All-SFA side, with their greatest winning streak coming in their last four matches prior to the decider. The highlight of this charmed run being a touch up of the Phoenix in Rd 16 to the tune of 57 points. Their only bigger victory coming all the way back in Rd 1 by 65 points against, you guessed it, the Gumbies.

Individually, their leading goal scorer was Matera92 who was unceremoniously dumped from full forward in Rd 10 after failing to contend with the league leaders, replaced by JoseMourinho who isn't really known for scoring but did so with aplomb. Midfield glory hound Millky95 performed admirably to finish equal 2nd in the Mobbs just one vote adrift of the winner. While over to the All-SFA side, and the Bears enjoyed a well and truly overs of four selections with Cap, MWPP and first timers Senor M & RonnieRaven all earning guernseys for the club. They also fared reasonably well in the beez Trophy, with 4 selections in the top 30, led by skipper tony who finished in 9th spot.

So the Bears find themselves in a bit of a holding pattern in their current guise... a high quality Qooty side on field just not quite at the upper echelon of the competition off it, but arguably in that next tier down with a raft of big names and enough of S29-S30 pedigree players and a couple of upstarts of the modern era to have some of that all important youthful vigour around the place.

Last edited:
NpVRsgQ.png

#7 - Las Vegas Bears

Coming in once again at 7th in the TiFmedia Power Rankings are the Las Vegas Bears, sliding down a spot from their end of Season 36 position as we review the clubs for Season 37. This time last season we here at TiFmedia praised the Bears for their newfound stability and they've maintained the status quo with very little change over the off season.

The Bears enjoyed a sensational season on the field in S37, finishing 2nd on the ladder just two points adrift of top spot and barnstorming their way through the finals series and into the decider. Only to have their dreams dashed by the fairytale story that was the Gumbies saluting 20 seasons after their first and only flag.

But the good news for Bears fans is they once again look in good nick having split their wins and losses so far in S37 to sit in top four contention after the first month and a half of Qooty.

4rse0pf.png

Notable Moves

IN:

Nil

OUT:

Nil

Yes, before some muppet from the Bears jumps down our throats about their big marquee signing I must have missed, we know the Bears brought in former Phoenix skipper Chipmunk and yes, he's proven himself to be quality in the past. And yes, we're equally fond of him here at TiFmedia, but no sadly the algorithm has no recent form to compute and therefore does not rate his return as notable for the purposes of Power Rankings.

I know this will blow the minds of some, but if you knew a bit more about how algorithms work then I'm sure you would understand. But you don't, so you won't, and that's ok. Just know that I do, so I do, and that means that while a nice addition and I am sure there's a nice, warm and fuzzy feeling in the rooms with the rodent under the roof, the jury is still out on this one. We'll have something to go on next season but until then, the algorithm essentially says... k. But it's a capital K perhaps? If that makes everyone feel better?

No outgoings is a plus, and the list on paper looks reasonably strong, but are they all active? Are the Bears happy with their engagement? Could they bring a couple of speculative players through to find a spot for in the side? The answer to all of those questions from the outside looking in appears to be 'possibly'.

eRRY3p1.png

The Bears will no doubt still be nursing broken hearts and well and truly licking their wounds having pushed the Gumbies for a quarter and half at most before being blown off the park in the S36 Grand Final, ultimately lowering their colours to the tune of 54 points as the Gumbies romped home to claim a well deserved Premiership after finishing minor premiers and proving far too good on the day.

But despite shitting the bed in the granny, they enjoyed a red hot season proper, with 8 wins and a draw from their 14 starts Individually, the Bears enjoyed three selections in the S35 All-SFA side, with their greatest winning streak coming in their last four matches prior to the decider. The highlight of this charmed run being a touch up of the Phoenix in Rd 16 to the tune of 57 points. Their only bigger victory coming all the way back in Rd 1 by 65 points against, you guessed it, the Gumbies.

Individually, their leading goal scorer was Matera92 who was unceremoniously dumped from full forward in Rd 10 after failing to contend with the league leaders, replaced by JoseMourinho who isn't really known for scoring but did so with aplomb. Midfield glory hound Millky95 performed admirably to finish equal 2nd in the Mobbs just one vote adrift of the winner. While over to the All-SFA side, and the Bears enjoyed three selections with Cap, MWPP and first timer RonnieRaven all earning guernseys for the club. They also fared reasonably well in the beez Trophy, with 4 selections in the top 30, led by skipper tony who finished in 9th spot.

So the Bears find themselves in a bit of a holding pattern in their current guise... a high quality Qooty side on field just not quite at the upper echelon of the competition off it, but arguably in that next tier down with a raft of big names and enough of S29-S30 pedigree players and a couple of upstarts of the modern era to have some of that all important youthful vigour around the place.

I waz robbed.

replaced by @JoseMourinho who isn't really known for scoring but did so with aplomb.
You're starting to get to the find out if Jose is good at scoring phase. Can't wait for next week's power rankings where we're at Number 1.

Good job with these rankings TheInjuryFactory, although people can argue about the algorithm your analysis of the data is reasonable and supports the ranking numbers received. This is quality media and top notch qooty content :thumbsu:

I look forward to when you get to the Ophidian Old Boys at #1

6th - Baghdad Bombers New
LVQsW1t.png

#6 - Baghdad Bombers

At 6th place in the TiFmedia Power Rankings for Season 37 we find the Bombers, who have steadily been on the rise over the past few seasons as they inch their way further up the standings. Despite several changes of the guard in recent seasons, they appear to have settled under this current regime and have added stability to their list, not only from within but also sourced from oppo clubs having quietly and not so quietly transitioned a number of established players due to inactivity, greener pastures and in some extreme but quite regular cases, run ins with johnny internet law.

So it's partly based on some personnel upgrades after a surprise mini exodus just a short 12 months ago, but probably moreso based on an outstanding run of form on field, as until this season's slump they've found themselves perennially in and around the top four and have enjoyed a number of fruitful finals campaigns in that time. None more fruitful of course than their premiership success in S34 as they beat all comers to become #firsttosix.

Skipper Pugsley has a season under his belt now at the helm and has an experienced support crew around him (Jabba73, Kilroy, BLUEALLTHRU, Grav, gab213 et al) as the Bombers are known to extensively share around the leadership responsibilities within the LG, lightening the load for the unlikely captain to step out of his comfort zone and rebuild the club as they enter a new guise well and truly post the WaynesWorld19/Metalcrusher/VeinGlorious & assorted meatshields era.

4rse0pf.png

Notable Moves

IN:

CursingFijian
via Coney Island Warriors

MayTheNorthBeWithU
via West Coast Wonders

OUT:

Nil

List wise, after a season of change heading into S35, the Bombers have managed to recover and recruit to restore their list to it's former guise. Having recruited ready made replacements in Grav from the Rats last season & this season adding the S35 EKA Medallist MayTheNorthBeWithU from the Wonders, they've effectively recouped the losses of Ligma & Robertio to the successors to their mantle in the Old Boys.

While turning to recovery, and they have actually managed a very rare Sweet FA feat as they've reclaimed wantaways Bovo and CursingFijian who left in that same off season but surprisingly return to the fold after just a season away at the Furies and Warriors respectively.

While in the meantime the only list losses they've experienced being the usual churn of nameless, carbon copy troglodytes they bring in by the truckload and ultimately end up delisting by the half dozen every season.

So overall, a significant net positive for squad management at Abdu Prison over the past 12 months despite their quite public failings to snare the majority of targets on their public wish list as those types seem to be clamouring over themselves to get to Spotswood these days.

eRRY3p1.png

So as we touched on, the Bombers have enjoyed a charmed run in recent seasons having finished no lower than 5th place - and that was in a premiership winning season it's worth pointing out - since they bottomed out in their wooden spoon winning season in 32, and they once again pushed deep into their finals campaign.

Season 36 saw the Bombers enjoy a an 8 win, 6 loss season from 14 starts to finish in third position, earning the double chance and making it all the way to a Prelim Final before succumbing to the might of the eventual premiers the Gumbies. Fun fact, the Bombers lost to both Grand Finalists in the S36 finals, having succumbed to the Bears at The Stadium in the Sky in the first week.

The highlight of the season being their 77 point thrashing of the Demons at Abdu Prison in Rd 3, as they piled on 173 points to register the highest score by any club during Season 36 as full forward gab213 starred fresh from his Fred Medal win the season prior as he kicked a massive bag of 9.4 to put the Dees to the sword.

Individually, they were well represented in the All-SFA side, with 3 selections in club spokesman Jabba73, future skipper Grav and norway blue. gab213 failed to reach the dizzying heights of his Fred Medal efforts in S35, as he would go on to finish in 8th spot overall with 43 majors which is perhaps unders in a top four side. Mobbs Medal wise, they had a top 3 finisher in norway blue who enjoyed a strong season on the field and delivered a notable result for the club in the guts.

beez wise, it was former skipper BLUEALLTHRU who with the shackles released squeezed in for a top 20 finish in 20th spot, with teammates Pugsley and Jabba73 making it 2 selections in the top 30 for the club. Grav just outside that in 31st position, with Kilroy making it 5 inside the top 50 with his 48th placed finish.

So with their list pretty much restored to it's former state after graft in the past 12 months to plug some gaps, the Bombers will no doubt spend the remainder of S37 publicly chasing a fresh handful of targets that will no doubt peak the interest of Tigerturbulance and co and find themselves lining up in the purpler and orange or whatever the AI art decides their colours are next year. But the chances are they'll retain their existing list and add the odd one or two with their scattergun approach, and that's likely enough to see them hold their rank just outside the lead pack of the competition, as long as they can shake the yips and get their qooty back on track after a shoddy start.

LVQsW1t.png

#6 - Baghdad Bombers

At 6th place in the TiFmedia Power Rankings for Season 37 we find the Bombers, who have steadily been on the rise over the past few seasons as they inch their way further up the standings. Despite several changes of the guard in recent seasons, they appear to have settled under this current regime and have added stability to their list, not only from within but also sourced from oppo clubs having quietly and not so quietly transitioned a number of established players due to inactivity, greener pastures and in some extreme but quite regular cases, run ins with johnny internet law.

So it's partly based on some personnel upgrades after a surprise mini exodus just a short 12 months ago, but probably moreso based on an outstanding run of form on field, as until this season's slump they've found themselves perennially in and around the top four and have enjoyed a number of fruitful finals campaigns in that time. None more fruitful of course than their premiership success in S34 as they beat all comers to become #firsttosix.

Skipper Pugsley has a season under his belt now at the helm and has an experienced support crew around him (Jabba73, Kilroy, BLUEALLTHRU, Grav, gab213 et al) as the Bombers are known to extensively share around the leadership responsibilities within the LG, lightening the load for the unlikely captain to step out of his comfort zone and rebuild the club as they enter a new guise well and truly post the WaynesWorld19/Metalcrusher/VeinGlorious & assorted meatshields era.

4rse0pf.png

Notable Moves

IN:

CursingFijian
via Coney Island Warriors

MayTheNorthBeWithU
via West Coast Wonders

OUT:

Nil

List wise, after a season of change heading into S35, the Bombers have managed to recover and recruit to restore their list to it's former guise. Having recruited ready made replacements in Grav from the Rats last season & this season adding the S35 EKA Medallist MayTheNorthBeWithU from the Wonders, they've effectively recouped the losses of Ligma & Robertio to the successors to their mantle in the Old Boys.

While turning to recovery, and they have actually managed a very rare Sweet FA feat as they've reclaimed wantaways Bovo and CursingFijian who left in that same off season but surprisingly return to the fold after just a season away at the Furies and Warriors respectively.

While in the meantime the only list losses they've experienced being the usual churn of nameless, carbon copy troglodytes they bring in by the truckload and ultimately end up delisting by the half dozen every season.

So overall, a significant net positive for squad management at Abdu Prison over the past 12 months despite their quite public failings to snare the majority of targets on their public wish list as those types seem to be clamouring over themselves to get to Spotswood these days.

eRRY3p1.png

So as we touched on, the Bombers have enjoyed a charmed run in recent seasons having finished no lower than 5th place - and that was in a premiership winning season it's worth pointing out - since they bottomed out in their wooden spoon winning season in 32, and they once again pushed deep into their finals campaign.

Season 36 saw the Bombers enjoy a an 8 win, 6 loss season from 14 starts to finish in third position, earning the double chance and making it all the way to a Prelim Final before succumbing to the might of the eventual premiers the Gumbies. Fun fact, the Bombers lost to both Grand Finalists in the S36 finals, having succumbed to the Bears at The Stadium in the Sky in the first week.

The highlight of the season being their 77 point thrashing of the Demons at Abdu Prison in Rd 3, as they piled on 173 points to register the highest score by any club during Season 36 as full forward gab213 starred fresh from his Fred Medal win the season prior as he kicked a massive bag of 9.4 to put the Dees to the sword.

Individually, they were well represented in the All-SFA side, with 3 selections in club spokesman Jabba73, future skipper Grav and norway blue. gab213 failed to reach the dizzying heights of his Fred Medal efforts in S35, as he would go on to finish in 8th spot overall with 43 majors which is perhaps unders in a top four side. Mobbs Medal wise, they had a top 3 finisher in norway blue who enjoyed a strong season on the field and delivered a notable result for the club in the guts.

beez wise, it was former skipper BLUEALLTHRU who with the shackles released squeezed in for a top 20 finish in 20th spot, with teammates Pugsley and Jabba73 making it 2 selections in the top 30 for the club. Grav just outside that in 31st position, with Kilroy making it 5 inside the top 50 with his 48th placed finish.

So with their list pretty much restored to it's former state after graft in the past 12 months to plug some gaps, the Bombers will no doubt spend the remainder of S37 publicly chasing a fresh handful of targets that will no doubt peak the interest of Tigerturbulance and co and find themselves lining up in the purpler and orange or whatever the AI art decides their colours are next year. But the chances are they'll retain their existing list and add the odd one or two with their scattergun approach, and that's likely enough to see them hold their rank just outside the lead pack of the competition, as long as they can shake the yips and get their qooty back on track after a shoddy start.
Not sure how you came up with this s**t, there is no way this ranking is accurate.

We are way too high, pretty transparent attempt to create controversy. Should have put us at the top if you wanted real frothing from the masses … amateur.

Not sure how you came up with this s**t, there is no way this ranking is accurate.

We are way too high, pretty transparent attempt to create controversy. Should have put us at the top if you wanted real frothing from the masses … amateur.
8hay4f-jpg.1915341

Remove this Banner Ad

Back