Media TiFmedia Sweet FA Power Rankings - Season 35

Which club do you want to see ranked #1 in the TiFmedia Sweet FA Power Rankings??

• Bombers

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Warriors

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Dragons

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Phoenix

• Furies

• Royals

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Bears

• Demons

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Old Boys

• Roys

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swamprats

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wonders

• S Club 7

Votes: 14 38.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Look this is accurate, but to be fair no one informed me that unlike IRL you can't just prang your car and have insurance replace it.
Bt0.gif

mjUOk8M.png

#11 - Dragons FFC

Next up in the TiFmedia Sweet FA Power Rankings is a team near and dear to my heart, it's Dragons FFC coming in at a generous #11.

How the mighty have fallen.

No wait, that’s the Bombers. The truth is, the Dragons have been on a downward spiral for the last few seasons, and in Season 34 they hit rock bottom. A deserved wooden spoon came to the Lair last season having secured the honour in the very last round, combine that with their stagnant, equally merde list and well... here we are. Not that we here at TiFmedia would take any pleasure in that.

k7OlogL.png

OFF SEASON AT A GLANCE...
Notable Changes

IN:

Nil

OUT:
Braklet
DRA > OOB

After sharing the captaincy duties with T2B_ back in S33 as part of a handover transition, spiritual leader serial_thrilla stepped away from the leadership in S34 and the training wheels were off for his protégé, who clearly forgot to steer and slammed the club straight into the wall. Off the field, the new skipper has been asleep at the wheel, as the Dragons list still basks in the fart sniffing glory of ‘recruiting’ a raft of mediocre S30 failed expansion bid leftovers.

In fact, the Dragons have failed to recruit a single new established player to the club over the past two off-seasons having managed to woo just two experienced additions in this time, both former Dragons already well past their primes in PhenomenalV1 & the awfully misguided former Warrior A Swallow who I assume is somewhere doing hard time for murdering his career. In the same period of time, they have watched meekly as two of their most engaging and unique points of difference in Braklet & the mercurial Bonz simply waltzed out the door to the new expansion club down the road in a quant circle of life type sitcho.

The loss of these two eager and now experienced operators in successive seasons hits the Dragons hard, as the remaining list has a real vanilla feel and even their younger brigade from the 'Ace to thrilla' days have lost the barely perceptible edge they may once have had. They will be putting a great deal of faith in their handful of rookies to restart the restart of the restart in Season 35 and beyond.

WKmIgG2.png

On the field, they’re a far cry from the all-conquering premiership side just two seasons ago, as they find themselves the undisputed losers of the competition over the past season and a smidge, with just 5 wins from their past 16 games. Individually they have fared reasonably well though, with borderline inactive veteran Hatchy1992 joining former Dragon Bonz as runners up in the Fred. Ruck Strigoi was their best performer in the S34 Mobbs a fair way off the pace in 15th with just two Dragons cracking the top 30, as club founder Pie 4 Life managed equal 27th in the count.

Two All-SFA blazers came their way, as selfless skipper T2B_ won honours from a prime midfield possie and the since departed Braklet saw them reasonably represented, while escapee Bonz rubbed salt in the wounds in another reminder of what they have lost.

Former skipper serial_thrilla could still successfully argue that despite the state of the club, he's still left the place better than he found it. But that’s only because poor AceAndy was bestowed one of the worst Sweet FA lists of all time. But the Phenom Awards were greeeeeaaaat.

Skipper T2B_ still looks to be desperately fumbling his feet into his oversized big boy pants, but it must be said in a lacklustre committee room he certainly hasn’t been the worst, and the fact is you're only as good as your mentors were around this joint. So for that I'm truly sorry.

TL/DR - Dragons are pretty s**t eh.

Dragons FFC are my peeps; quit fronting, TIF.

Look this is accurate, but to be fair no one informed me that unlike IRL you can't just prang your car and have insurance replace it.
keep at T2B_ , if you have the desire and drive things will turn around

you might be under the hammer, but remember people love a good smashed avocado :kissingheart:

I give you five reigns as tag team champion, and this is how you repay me...
You have given me plenty of smackdowns along the way my dear friend.

Hope you prove me wrong. At your best, you are loved.

Qmgoj7v.png

What am I, chopped liver?

Lets Fight GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Welcome misguided purple acolyte.

You are 'assorted rookies' at this stage, but follow DragoDelph 's lead and you will soon rise to the lofty heights of 'player I am familiar with'

Welcome misguided purple acolyte.

You are 'assorted rookies' at this stage, but follow DragoDelph 's lead and you will soon rise to the lofty heights of 'player I am familiar with'
Oh.. hey TiF

Disappointed to see if I haven’t completely faded into obscurity yet.

Oh.. hey TiF

Disappointed to see if I haven’t completely faded into obscurity yet.
Nah, I like you Drago, you give the Dragons a glimmer of hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mjUOk8M.png

#11 - Dragons FFC

Next up in the TiFmedia Sweet FA Power Rankings is a team near and dear to my heart, it's Dragons FFC coming in at a generous #11.

How the mighty have fallen.

No wait, that’s the Bombers. The truth is, the Dragons have been on a downward spiral for the last few seasons, and in Season 34 they hit rock bottom. A deserved wooden spoon came to the Lair last season having secured the honour in the very last round, combine that with their stagnant, equally merde list and well... here we are. Not that we here at TiFmedia would take any pleasure in that.

k7OlogL.png

Notable Changes

IN:

Nil

OUT:
Braklet
DRA > OOB

After sharing the captaincy duties with T2B_ back in S33 as part of a handover transition, spiritual leader serial_thrilla stepped away from the leadership in S34 and the training wheels were off for his protégé, who clearly forgot to steer and slammed the club straight into the wall. Off the field, the new skipper has been asleep at the wheel, as the Dragons list still basks in the fart sniffing glory of ‘recruiting’ a raft of mediocre S30 failed expansion bid leftovers.

In fact, the Dragons have failed to recruit a single new established player to the club over the past two off-seasons having managed to woo just two experienced additions in this time, both former Dragons already well past their primes in PhenomenalV1 & the awfully misguided former Warrior A Swallow who I assume is somewhere doing hard time for murdering his career. In the same period of time, they have watched meekly as two of their most engaging and unique points of difference in Braklet & the mercurial Bonz simply waltzed out the door to the new expansion club down the road in a quant circle of life type sitcho.

The loss of these two eager and now experienced operators in successive seasons hits the Dragons hard, as the remaining list has a real vanilla feel and even their younger brigade from the 'Ace to thrilla' days have lost the barely perceptible edge they may once have had. They will be putting a great deal of faith in their handful of rookies to restart the restart of the restart in Season 35 and beyond.

WKmIgG2.png

On the field, they’re a far cry from the all-conquering premiership side just two seasons ago, as they find themselves the undisputed losers of the competition over the past season and a smidge, with just 5 wins from their past 16 games. Individually they have fared reasonably well though, with borderline inactive veteran Hatchy1992 joining former Dragon Bonz as runners up in the Fred. Ruck Strigoi was their best performer in the S34 Mobbs a fair way off the pace in 15th with just two Dragons cracking the top 30, as club founder Pie 4 Life managed equal 27th in the count.

Two All-SFA blazers came their way, as selfless skipper T2B_ won honours from a prime midfield possie and the since departed Braklet saw them reasonably represented, while escapee Bonz rubbed salt in the wounds in another reminder of what they have lost.

Former skipper serial_thrilla could still successfully argue that despite the state of the club, he's still left the place better than he found it. But that’s only because poor AceAndy was bestowed one of the worst Sweet FA lists of all time. But the Phenom Awards were greeeeeaaaat.

Skipper T2B_ still looks to be desperately fumbling his feet into his oversized big boy pants, but it must be said in a lacklustre committee room he certainly hasn’t been the worst, and the fact is you're only as good as your mentors were around this joint. So for that I'm truly sorry.

TL/DR - Dragons are pretty s**t eh.

Next time we face off...

Zeke-Michael-Jordan.jpg

I look forward to taking your money in a game of coins.

HD15JxV.png
Excited Season 1 GIF by The Office

Final Quarter :
1.03 - Behind to VSTone (DRA) - CIW by 26 point(s).
2.28 - Goal to Pie 4 Life (DRA) - CIW by 20 point(s).
3.54 - Rushed behind to DRA - CIW by 19 point(s).
4.23 - Goal to Hatchy1992 (DRA) - CIW by 13 point(s).
5.49 - Goal to Itsmyshow (CIW) - CIW by 19 point(s).
6.2 - Goal to Pie 4 Life (DRA) - CIW by 13 point(s).
6.41 - Behind to Kabanna (CIW) - CIW by 14 point(s).
7.39 - Goal to Pie 4 Life (DRA) - CIW by 8 point(s).
8.01 - Behind to Packedlunch (CIW) - CIW by 9 point(s).
8.18 - Goal to Morganashlee (CIW) - CIW by 15 point(s).
9.13 - Goal to Pie 4 Life (DRA) - CIW by 9 point(s).
9.46 - Goal to Pie 4 Life (DRA) - CIW by 3 point(s).

10.38 - Goal to Packedlunch (CIW) - CIW by 9 point(s).
12.06 - Goal to Pie 4 Life (DRA) - CIW by 3 point(s).
12.15 - Behind to Norm Landrover (CIW) - CIW by 4 point(s).
12.25 - Goal to Ilksy (CIW) - CIW by 10 point(s).
12.52 - Behind to cammo6556 (DRA) - CIW by 9 point(s).
13 - Goal to Pie 4 Life (DRA) - CIW by 3 point(s).
13.29 - Behind to Hatchy1992 (DRA) - CIW by 2 point(s).
13.48 - Goal to cammo6556 (DRA) - DRA by 4 point(s).
14.39 - Goal to vanders (DRA) - DRA by 10 point(s).
16.57 - Goal to I Dont Care (CIW) - DRA by 4 point(s).
19.15 - Goal to Hate (DRA) - DRA by 10 point(s).
21.06 - Behind to Le Grille (CIW) - DRA by 9 point(s).

Excited Season 1 GIF by The Office

Final Quarter :
1.03 - Behind to VSTone (DRA) - CIW by 26 point(s).
2.28 - Goal to Pie 4 Life (DRA) - CIW by 20 point(s).
3.54 - Rushed behind to DRA - CIW by 19 point(s).
4.23 - Goal to Hatchy1992 (DRA) - CIW by 13 point(s).
5.49 - Goal to Itsmyshow (CIW) - CIW by 19 point(s).
6.2 - Goal to Pie 4 Life (DRA) - CIW by 13 point(s).
6.41 - Behind to Kabanna (CIW) - CIW by 14 point(s).
7.39 - Goal to Pie 4 Life (DRA) - CIW by 8 point(s).
8.01 - Behind to Packedlunch (CIW) - CIW by 9 point(s).
8.18 - Goal to Morganashlee (CIW) - CIW by 15 point(s).
9.13 - Goal to Pie 4 Life (DRA) - CIW by 9 point(s).
9.46 - Goal to Pie 4 Life (DRA) - CIW by 3 point(s).

10.38 - Goal to Packedlunch (CIW) - CIW by 9 point(s).
12.06 - Goal to Pie 4 Life (DRA) - CIW by 3 point(s).
12.15 - Behind to Norm Landrover (CIW) - CIW by 4 point(s).
12.25 - Goal to Ilksy (CIW) - CIW by 10 point(s).
12.52 - Behind to cammo6556 (DRA) - CIW by 9 point(s).
13 - Goal to Pie 4 Life (DRA) - CIW by 3 point(s).
13.29 - Behind to Hatchy1992 (DRA) - CIW by 2 point(s).
13.48 - Goal to cammo6556 (DRA) - DRA by 4 point(s).
14.39 - Goal to vanders (DRA) - DRA by 10 point(s).
16.57 - Goal to I Dont Care (CIW) - DRA by 4 point(s).
19.15 - Goal to Hate (DRA) - DRA by 10 point(s).
21.06 - Behind to Le Grille (CIW) - DRA by 9 point(s).
Cool, now show me your squad list :$

Isn't that your job? Or are you like Tom Browne Tom Browne and just make it up as you go? 🤗
Yes it is. I found it to be much taller than I expected. 🤗

s**t-crap.gif

I learned a new word today - prang. I only knew bingle. 🙂

We have won two in a row, that last media post about us was a bit harsh. 🤨

And we love our 🥑.

TiFmedia SFA Power Rankings - #10 Roys FFC
wdnUhRG.png

#10 - Roys FFC

Next up in the TiFmedia Power Rankings are a bit of a surprise. It’s the all conquering S33 Premiers, Roys FFC in 10th spot.

Similar to the Phoenix, no club could wear the loss of league heavyweights like Mobbs, Dingster and Wosh without seeing a considerable drop down the standings, while simultaneously retaining accumulated deadwood like zackah on their list. Despite their qooty barely skipping a beat last season and enjoying a hot start in S35, the club is well and truly in the midst of an enforced rebuild the likes of which couldn’t have seemed further away during their barnstorming premiership winning season less than 12 months ago.

k7OlogL.png

Notable Changes

IN:

Nil

OUT:
Wosh
ROY > MBD
hotchilli
ROY > GCR

So to the outs, and S35 saw not only the mercurial Wosh make her way to Mt Buller for reasons unknown, but perhaps even more surprisingly the promising potential future leader hotchilli make an unexpected switch to the Royals, with nobody really coming the other way. As we’ve touched on, you add that to the losses of Dingster and Mobbs on the eve of Season 34, and that leaves a gaping hole in a list once the envy of the league just a short time ago.

The saving grace for the Roys is the steady leadership of long term and well respected skipper TedDougChris and his deputy the hall of famer and former Roys captain fitzroybowiedog, who have all the necessary nous and guile to see the Roys through this period of turmoil as they seek to restore a list that has fallen into a severe state of disrepair and has struggled to cover the considerable losses endured as their high profile premiership teammates moved on.

WKmIgG2.png

On the field, the Roys machine has rolled on papering over the significant cracks off field, as they remain the form side in the competition with 15 wins from their last 21 outings. They would well and truly still be licking their wounds after a heartbreaking Grand Final loss having missed a golden opportunity to go back to back for the first time in club history.

Individually it’s been a mixed bag, as Zevon has ousted long term spearhead Mooch from full forward with diminished returns and a 9th placed finish in the Fred. They fared far better in the Mobbs, with inside bull tigs2010 finishing on the podium with an equal third finish, and the club managed two All-SFA guernseys in the S34 side, with the since departed midfielder Wosh and the surprising selection of relative unknown Elmer_Judd seeing the club represented in a strong season on the field.

But it’s not all doom and gloom at the BJO, with some promising reasonably new talent like DERRINALPHIL & Lore giving the club a different complexion, and a raft of vets who on their day can still impact both on and off the field giving the club the backbone required to build a list around. The Roys have always been a club with strong sense of self, and this remains in tact despite the significant list changes.

TedDougChris continues to be a leading voice in the committee room, so in him they have a vocal and engaged leader who has seen it all before, and knows what it takes to build a premiership side and win it… but also knows the toil and time it will take to get there.

And who knows, with prodigal sons Mobbs and Broken well into their stints at opposition clubs, time only makes the heart grow fonder. I think most keen observers would agree the time will surely come where the lure of home and those tasty, tasty chudshakes gets too great to ignore and we will hopefully see these old Rillas back home and hosed at the good old Roys.

Combine that with some consistent recruitment over the next season or two and improvement within their current playing list and the Roys off the field will get back to balancing with their considerable qooty prowess.

Last edited:
Back