Media TiFmedia Presents... Sweet FA Three Things I Learnt This Week - Season 37 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Usually this place goes in cycles, goes down then back up again, but its been on the down way longer this time around.

I think unless something drastic changes, the SFA is on its last legs. 5-10 seasons time and itll be back at Season 1 levels.

I don't personally believe its anyones fault, or because anyones soft, we are just struggling to get new people in. A lot of it is to do with the fact that the type of peope (especially younger people) who are likely to be interested in something like the SFA don't tend to join older forum style formats like Bigfooty, they are on platforms like reddit or discord.

Its time is certainly coming imo. SFA has been around for 20+ years, and for a niche little footy game like this that is pretty bloody good.

Thank you Aristotle.

Usually this place goes in cycles, goes down then back up again, but its been on the down way longer this time around.

I think unless something drastic changes, the SFA is on its last legs. 5-10 seasons time and itll be back at Season 1 levels.

I don't personally believe its anyones fault, or because anyones soft, we are just struggling to get new people in. A lot of it is to do with the fact that the type of peope (especially younger people) who are likely to be interested in something like the SFA don't tend to join older forum style formats like Bigfooty, they are on platforms like reddit or discord.

Its time is certainly coming imo. SFA has been around for 20+ years, and for a niche little footy game like this that is pretty bloody good.
all will be good, Spotswood was here long before the SFA was formed and will be here after all the other clubs have folded

that's why the smart players are pushing to join the Ophidian Old Boys

all will be good, Spotswood was here long before the SFA was formed and will be here after all the other clubs have folded

that's why the smart players are pushing to join the Ophidian Old Boys
Sounds like you will all be playing with yourselves after everyone else leaves

1. I honestly had zero impact on the on field success of the Old Boys.

2. I am missing the banter of a match threads (not so much some of the bullshit of the league). I am close to a return.

3. I would probably be the sole reason the OOB's don't go #cup2spoon2cup .

lol sign me up.

1. I honestly had zero impact on the on field success of the Old Boys.

2. I am missing the banter of a match threads (not so much some of the bullshit of the league). I am close to a return.

3. I would probably be the sole reason the OOB's don't go #cup2spoon2cup .

lol sign me up.
Can you ensure your return is before the Old Boys v Wonders clash whenever that is

Three Things - Rd 10 New
HjVGH3Q.png

THREE THINGS I LEARNT THIS WEEK

ROUND 10

Three things I learnt this week...

1. Everyone's a smartarse when they find a loophole.
  2. Naughty captains who step out of line can expect a tersely worded PM from City Hall courtesy of 'Not angry, just disappointed father figure' Elton Johns Wig & his tough talking deputy sheriff ClarkeM. omgfridge may never recover.
  3. In true Sweet FA milestone fashion, the Gumbies' celebration of beez & GWS Goose was soured by a loss to the cellar dwellers at Coney Island. But at least they can console themselves with the knowledge that they stuck fat for 150 odd games (or 4 years in sexually active people's parlance) of extreme boredom to win a fake premiership in an online fantasy football competition. Well done fellas. :clapping:

Over to you Sweet FA, what did you learn this week? :think:

1: As it turns out, Supersuns FFC was a failed experiment.

2: Inspect any meals the Las Vegas Bears hand you at half time.

3: Begging will absolutely get you a spot in the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scary putting those 4 words together.

I know Euclid went way over my head and perhaps for you it is the same.

Maybe you lost a counting finger in a wine uncorking accident.

I counted five words in “father figure Elton John’s wig”, not four.

1. The OOBs and Wonders are sibs from other mums. It is odd the OOBs as a Jonny come lately get the joint more than the Snow Bunnies.
2. The 8 looks close to settled.
3. Imagine wasting chunks of your life playing for and sometimes captaining a fantasy Qooty team with no history of success. And then bunging tosh on the deserved premiership winner from last season.

I know Euclid went way over my head and perhaps for you it is the same.

Maybe you lost a counting finger in a wine uncorking accident.

I counted five words in “father figure Elton John’s wig”, not four.
ahh yep, I was tired, meant 5. Thank you Horatio.

Three Things - Rd 12 New
HjVGH3Q.png

THREE THINGS I LEARNT THIS WEEK

ROUND 12

Three things I learnt this week...

1. miggs will be sorely missed. Rest easy, big fella. 🙏
  2. 200 games up for one of the modern greats, Barrybran this week. Surely the next celebration will be a well deserved HOF induction. Better CV than okeydoke7 and now has that elusive premiership under the belt.
  3. Death, taxes and the Wazzas beating the Hawks. 💪

Over to you Sweet FA, what did you learn this week? :think:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back