The Mighty Claremont Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you think of Claremont reappointing Simon McPhee as coach for 2010. I like him as a coach and he did some good things with the team towards the end of the season but i have heard from someone inside the club that many peple associated with the team (including players) have had a few issues with him.:footy:

What do you think of Claremont reappointing Simon McPhee as coach for 2010. I like him as a coach and he did some good things with the team towards the end of the season but i have heard from someone inside the club that many peple associated with the team (including players) have had a few issues with him.:footy:

Well, It will unravel in seasons to come if it was the correct decision. But if there is a rift between the coach and the players I doubt it would be considered a good call...

Can anyone here confirm if Simon McPhee is a brother of former Western Warrior opening batsman Mark McPhee who died tragically in a car accident on the way to Mandurah quite few years ago now?

They look very similar and I played a bit of amatuer colts footy with Mark McPhee at Mt Lawley back in the early 80's.

I am hoping some long term Claremont supporters out there can assist me.

I am putting together a career history of Ian Brewer, a player some of you will recall played 43 games and kicked 105 goals for Claremont in 1963 and 1964, the final 2 goals being the winning ones in the 1964 Grand Final.

As you may also know, he had outstanding careers with Collingwood (VFL) and Norwood (SANFL). What I am doing is compiling a list of people who played with Ian in his 43 matches from 63-64. I have surnames for some and am looking for full first names.

I am also sending this list to the Claremont FC hoping they may be able to assist. Here is the list, hope you can help:

Casey K
Clune C
Crisp P
Dorn R
Ham B
Hardy O
Hicks C
Horgan K
Hudson J
Kavanagh E
MacDermott M
Mann J
Marshall W
Pianto B
Roberts N
Smith
Tucker J
Virgo G

I am hoping some long term Claremont supporters out there can assist me.

I am putting together a career history of Ian Brewer, a player some of you will recall played 43 games and kicked 105 goals for Claremont in 1963 and 1964, the final 2 goals being the winning ones in the 1964 Grand Final.

As you may also know, he had outstanding careers with Collingwood (VFL) and Norwood (SANFL). What I am doing is compiling a list of people who played with Ian in his 43 matches from 63-64. I have surnames for some and am looking for full first names.

I am also sending this list to the Claremont FC hoping they may be able to assist. Here is the list, hope you can help:

Casey K
Clune C
Crisp P
Dorn R
Ham B
Hardy O
Hicks C
Horgan K
Hudson J
Kavanagh E
MacDermott M
Mann J
Marshall W
Pianto B
Roberts N
Smith
Tucker J
Virgo G

Have you ever checked out the site fullpointsfooty? It's awesome, and even if there is nothing on the site itself the guy who runs it is always very helpful (and knowledgeable about footy history).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally Posted by EaglesFlyingHigh
An interesting Perth fact, they will get smashed by Claremont this weekend, ala Swans.....

Yeh you smashed us by a massive 14 points today well done. Who have you got to come back in? Looked like you had all your big guns in there today.

Claremont cap off a solid, undefeated pre-season with a big win over East perth.

Claremont 3.2 5.6 8.9 13.15 93

East Perth 1.3 4.5 6.6 6.10 46

Bring on Peel!!

This Saturday, 2:15 at Bendigo Bank Stadium.

Looking like a nice day on Saturday so head on down to Mandurah and support the boys!!

Well that was a pretty emphatic win today.:)

Good to see that we are sitting in our rightful spot on the ladder lol.

If any one went to the game a bit of a summary would be appreciated. :thumbsu:

Well that was a pretty emphatic win today.:)

Good to see that we are sitting in our rightful spot on the ladder lol.

If any one went to the game a bit of a summary would be appreciated. :thumbsu:

Hmm, your first post in this thread comes after a 100 point victory, what's going to happen when they lose one?:confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back