The music thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dammit

Challenge Accepted
Mar 20, 2010
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So just wondering what music you are all into and if I can expand my musical base by getting on some new bands!

All time favourites of mine are Cold Chisel, the killers, RHCP, architecture in Helsinki, Bluejuice, the cure, foster the people, kanye, kings of Leon, regurgitator, silverchair, the strokes...

Some of the new ones I've just discovered and are awesome are Awolnation, Ed sheeran, Kurtis Blow haha.

Looking for a new 'happy' type band to add to my repertoire. Don't mind Tim & Jean but they don't exactly do it for me. Any suggestions?

So just wondering what music you are all into and if I can expand my musical base by getting on some new bands!

All time favourites of mine are Cold Chisel, the killers, RHCP, architecture in Helsinki, Bluejuice, the cure, foster the people, kanye, kings of Leon, regurgitator, silverchair, the strokes...

Some of the new ones I've just discovered and are awesome are Awolnation, Ed sheeran, Kurtis Blow haha.

Looking for a new 'happy' type band to add to my repertoire. Don't mind Tim & Jean but they don't exactly do it for me. Any suggestions?

Not a bad taste you have going there mate

I prefer most my Aussie Rock. Favourite bands are The Living End, Children Collide, Grinspoon. Also a huge fan of The Killers and like RHCP.

Love my live music too - Go to as many gigs as I can when i'm in town

I know they are broken up now, but did you ever give Philadelphia Grand Jury a listen? Great fun band.

As a pretty much general rule if it's music made by instruments and not computer I'll give it a go!

RHCP have been a favourite of mine for a long time. Jack Johnson, Eskimo Joe, Foo Fighters, etc also.

Few lesser known ones would be Brand New, Basement, Citizen, Turnover, Daylight, Lower Definition, Title Fight, The Smith Street Band.

RHCP have been a favourite of mine for a long time. Jack Johnson, Eskimo Joe, Foo Fighters, etc also.

Few lesser known ones would be Brand New, Basement, Citizen, Turnover, Daylight, Lower Definition, Title Fight, The Smith Street Band.

Love, but their latest offering of an album was a bit lost on me . . .

Have you heard their Fremantle Dockers theme song

Just can't get into Bon over myself. I want to like him but I just can't!

I was like that for a while then I started listening to it while doing uni stuff and loved it ever since.

Not a fussy music person though, love Cold Chisel, RHCP etc etc, as long as it is not dubstep or wiz khalifa snot!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gangnam Style was kinda lame and funny for the first ten times you saw it. Now after having it shoved in our faces 24/7 for the past month it's fair to say its worn off.

Gangnam Style was kinda lame and funny for the first ten times you saw it. Now after having it shoved in our faces 24/7 for the past month it's fair to say its worn off.

Agree...reminds me of the macarena.

Oh god this is a vicious cycle, you just end up thinking of the most annoying overplayed crap now.

Giving this thread a bump because life would b extremely sad without music (or footy!). Some fav artists alphabetically (have posted songs elsewhere so going for alternates).

Where else would I start -

Also have a liking for acoustic & appreciate a voice that sounds good without the studio enhancement -

Chisel, so many of their songs speak to me it's hard to choose. Have posted Flame Trees, When The War Is Over & Khe Sanh elsewhere so -

An old C -

C'mon guys, you surely have some musical taste! I listen to almost everything and always looking 4 that next big thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back