Sport The Official Essendon Tennis Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What did she do?

Cracked the sads with the chair umpire after being penalised for on court coaching. Then smashed a racquet, incurring a second violation (point penalty). Then when she realised that, called him a thief resulting in a third (game penalty). All whilst losing in straight sets. Then claimed in the press conference that it was due to sexism.

“This has happened to me too many times”. Perhaps that’s a hint to change your behaviour.

Yeah I've just had a look for it, shes actually getting a heap of support for standing up to the guy.

Thought she looked like a petulant child on court and was punished as per the rules.

Felt for Naomi. The yanks booing was an absolute disgrace. The whole world should put them to shame. Disgusting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, what's with the furore over showing Kyrgios and Thompson over Barty? Their game started 2 hours before hers started, and was a 5 set match. I didn't watch but I'd sooner watch a 5-setter between two Aussies with 1 rank between them who are unlikely to go very deep in the tournament over a match that is a complete domination that is done in an hour.

Can someone tell me why Rafael Nadal isn't automatically the #1 seed of the French Open? Wimbledon are allowed to decide, why not Roland Garros?

Kokkinakis 1 set up.

One thing channel 9 does better than channel 7 is that in a tight set they show highlights of both players rather than just one

Unreal match tonight. Would like to see Nick throw himself at the tour this year (covid permitting) and try to build his ranking to the point where he isn't coming across guys like Thiem until the finals.

Well done Ash Barty. I love the fact she's taken the women's game away from baseline bludgeoning and just dissects her opponents who can't deal with the variety coming their way.

I also love her humility, not many champions are so grounded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back