MMA-Other The W.S.O.F Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
Thought we might as well start one here. the promotion has been around for about three years now seem to have picked up a few vets. seem to be making there own stars too next fight is going head to head against the UFC. With reebok and everything going on another player is not a bad thing. all discussion to go here

this card is not really short on names I fact Prob more on this than on the PPV to be honest. be interesting to see in Sprong is better this time around and of course the main Event is real interesting if you want to include the scrap pack will be there, if any submissions are held too long it could very well kick off

The Moraes vs Moraes title fight is apparently a really good fight. Marlon has some impressive wins and some good analysts are talking him up. I haven't seen enough of him though. Haven't seen enough of Sheymon either to have much of an opinion on him. I watch hardly any other MMA shows now with all of the UFC cards, a bit of Bellator and a bit of WSOF basically. From what I've seen this title fight should be a great striking battle.

Abubakar Nurmagomedov, Khabib's brother, is also fighting on the WSOF card. Again, I haven't seen much of him. Has a loss, unlike Khabib, but that doesn't mean much on its own. Khabib probably should have lost to Tibau on his way up.

Only fight I've seen is the main event. Shields did really well for most of the fight, then got caught in such a brilliant display of grappling by Palhares.

Of course with it being a Palhares fight, there was weird s**t happening. He got his fingers in Shields' eyes a bunch of times and was warned by the ref. Then he held the kimura a bit long. It wasn't that bad, but he certainly held it too long. If he didn't have a history this would be a non-story.

Such a shame that Palhares can't have fights without controversy. Submitting Shields is an amazing achievement, but because of his * ups, that's glossed over and everyone's focusing on what he did wrong. He left the UFC after handing Mike Pierce his only definitive loss and now he's the first to submit Shields. If he didn't constantly do dumb stuff, we'd be seeing this guy fighting in the UFC and on a good day he could beat just about anyone in the WW division.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only fight I've seen is the main event. Shields did really well for most of the fight, then got caught in such a brilliant display of grappling by Palhares.

Of course with it being a Palhares fight, there was weird s**t happening. He got his fingers in Shields' eyes a bunch of times and was warned by the ref. Then he held the kimura a bit long. It wasn't that bad, but he certainly held it too long. If he didn't have a history this would be a non-story.

Such a shame that Palhares can't have fights without controversy. Submitting Shields is an amazing achievement, but because of his **** ups, that's glossed over and everyone's focusing on what he did wrong. He left the UFC after handing Mike Pierce his only definitive loss and now he's the first to submit Shields. If he didn't constantly do dumb stuff, we'd be seeing this guy fighting in the UFC and on a good day he could beat just about anyone in the WW division.

Youre right but his history and form here warrants sever repercussions. Needs to be suspended indefinitely, this sort of stuff is a horrible look for a sport still trying to gain public acceptance.

Saw some of the WSOF main card from the weekend. Justin Gaethje's career will plummet if/when his chin goes. I love watching him fight, but he brawls all the damn time and it'll catch up to him eventually. Another very entertaining fight with Palomino.

Branch becomes a 2 division champ in WSOF. Didn't get much of a go in the UFC before he was cut. Has gone on to do well outside the UFC. He looked really good against Okami a while back.

Phoenix Jones who does some real life superhero stuff on the streets got a nice sub win.

Brian Foster had a nice KO win. Put Larue Burley in against a tough veteran a bit too soon here. Burley beat Bubba Jenkins a while back and put together a few more wins after that and then gets way too much for him to handle against Foster.

Big win for Sheymon Moraes today.

Peralta isn't the best fighter at 145, but he's a decent fighter, he's tough and he hadn't been knocked out before. I haven't seen all that much of Moraes, but I probably should watch his fights because I've seen him being talked up a lot. They say his striking is excellent and he needs to continue getting better everywhere else. He's still pretty new to MMA and his only loss was to Marlon Moraes. There's no shame in losing to him.

Lance Palmer losing the f/weight title then giving team Alpha Male (his gym) some stick for not having a head coach was interesting. Between this, TJ leaving and the Bang saga its not good times at Alpha Male.
nah things have gone south really quick for them, its sad cause I like that team all really tallented guys I wonder how it goes in 5 to 10 years when Faber is retired and the like.

To me it looks like coaches are playing a bigger role than ever before in MMA. Cordeiro has worked wonders with a number of fighters, with Werdum and RDA being the best examples. Holm's coaches played a big part in her win over Rousey too.

It seems like TAM is being left behind. Is it right that they've never really had a head coach? And they didn't have much in terms of striking coaches before Ludwig got there either. Now he's gone and they brought in Kampmann. But he's either gone or not there full time I think. It'll be interesting to see what happens with TAM in the next couple of years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back