Unsolved The Wanda Beach Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing I keep coming back to is why Wilder would kill in 1965 and then not kill again until the early 1980s (at least that we know of).

All of his known crimes from the late 60s to early 80s escalated, but none of those known crimes had ended in murder.

It would be unusual to go from killing to petty crimes to rape to kidnapping and sexual battery and then to murder.

He may have been in a relationship at the time. although his marriage was short lived.

In my my mind, he's an outside favorite for Beaumont Case. (66)

The post above yours explains a suspect

Linked to the newspaper report ''my boyfriend confessed''

I meant to imply we never heard of this one before. If it's the blonde surfie, I assumed it could have been Wilder and the witness put him at younger than he was.

Its a good question to ask

Authorities did try and link a 1973 double homicide to him but DNA later ruled him out - a body was found on or near his property with a presumed DoD of one victim to 1979

The victimology of his later victims and likeness is the main reason Wilder is looked at for WB

In his later attacks, Wilder often used props. For instance he carried a professional looking camera and possibly a camera bag. Lets assume he used the same MO in the Wander murders. “come on girls you look like super models!, can I take a few photos?”

The camera bag also served a secondary purpose, it contained an large knife and possibly rope. To tie Wilder into the Wander Beach murders, Id be looking for imprints in the sand, where he placed his bag. Additionally I would be looking for footprints that indicate they would be posing for a photograph, girls either standing side by side or solely. Although at the time, I don’t think they preserved the scene too well and noted/photographed details like this.

In his later attacks, Wilder often used props. For instance he carried a professional looking camera and possibly a camera bag. Lets assume he used the same MO in the Wander murders. “come on girls you look like super models!, can I take a few photos?”
... To tie Wilder into the Wander Beach murders, Id be looking for ...

Some pretty heavy circumstantial evidence implicating Wilder, reported in the below.
Especially as Wilder lived in the same suburb as the girls and frequented the shop where Christine worked.

There's a good chance that Wilder pre-arranged where to meet the Wanda murder victims in those far-Northern Cronulla/Greenhills dunes that fateful afternoon in 1965.

Whether a 19yo Wilder in 1965 was already using the lure of a camera as part of his MO, is highly questionable.

'“... Just weeks after the Wanda Beach murders, Wilder’s mother was arranging more psychiatric treatment – this time group therapy – for her aberrant son. It isn’t clear why, but she must have had reason to think the ECT therapy had not worked. Did she believe her son was responsible for the murders?” Andrew writes.

“The circumstantial evidence was strong. Wilder was living in the same suburb as the Wanda victims, frequented the shop where Christine worked, knew the train station well, and, because it was the height of summer, the building sites he worked on would have been shut down for the holidays.

“The most damning evidence against Wilder, however, would not surface for another four years. When it came, it would be from the most unlikely of sources. His wife.”

Wilder – who shot himself dead in 1984 as police tried to apprehend him – was named as one of the official suspects at the time, but he escaped scrutiny from the police even though he’d been put forward by his wife, Christine Paluch. But why?

In the book, Andrew writes: “The newlyweds set up home in a housing commission unit in Union Street, West Ryde. Within a few months, the marital bed had become a terrifying place of pain and torture.

“Three months into their marriage, Christine left him for the first time, after she found photographic equipment and a pile of negatives of naked women.”

On February 19, 1969, Christine left Wilder. “She never saw her husband again, and five days later, with her mother and sister, she walked into Hornsby police station and told
the startled officer on the front desk she believed her estranged husband could be the Wanda Beach killer, and she had information that could help.”

But by the time the police visited the Wilder family home, in November 1969, he had already moved to the US.

“Obviously, attempts were made to track down Wilder, but as they didn’t get around to knocking on the door of his family home until nearly nine months later, those detectives were either hopelessly inadequate, frighteningly slow or, more probably, didn’t take Christine’s claims seriously. At best, they must have considered her allegations unbelievable; at worst, a fabrication.

“Christine’s daring not only to speak up but also to accuse her husband of a murder would have been unorthodox, to say the least. Maybe, just maybe, if attitudes had been a little more enlightened, if there had been just one female officer on the Wanda investigation, then things might have turned out very differently.”'

Last edited:
Some pretty heavy circumstantial evidence implicating Wilder, reported in the below.
Especially as Wilder lived in the same suburb as the girls and frequented the shop where Christine worked.

There's a good chance that Wilder pre-arranged where to meet the Wanda murder victims in those far-Northern Cronulla/Greenhills dunes that fateful afternoon in 1965.
The comment around Christine going off for a while and returning only for both girls to head towards the surf club later indicates a meeting was arranged or occurred

The presence of alcohol in Sharrocks system supports this

'The Wanda Beach Murder: Finally Solved?'

' Streamed live on Feb 26, 2022'

'I discuss the possibilities and how similar this crime is to the murders of Abigail and LIbby in Delphi, Indiana in the US.'

do you think she read this BF thread? we only discussed Wilder in January this year,
this Video is from Feb

I'll opine back on this when I've watched all Pat Brown's Feb vid I posted this evening.
I've chatted to Pat a few times but didn't know she did a summary of Wilder. Wilder is better known in the US for his crime spree.
Looking at his early Photos, there is a slight Physical match to the Beaumont suspect description.
I must try and get the book she is referring too

Last edited:

This article is fascinating for some insights into Wanda beach murders evidence. In particular it mentions cutting crutch out of one of the girls swimmers and it also mentions that men's clothing had been found nearby in which they had deficated. These are two highly irregular things yet were known features of Percy modis. I know Pat Brown dismisses Percy but I'm inclined to think he may be as likely as Wilder

Apparently Percy suffered from Coprophilia where a person gets sexual gratification from faeces and defecation. He was diagnosed in his teens after regularly soiling his pants well into his teens. If that article is true then I think those soiled men's garments become vital clues

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back