The war against renewable energy

Remove this Banner Ad

Soon is very optimistic. Decarbonising energy is going to be a huge undertaking, with much of the world trying to do it at the same time.
We're massively behind most countries and the government has done hardly anything. It's the private sector doing it. Lib/Nat does what the fossil fuel lobby says and Labour do what the fossul fuel unions say.

We're massively behind most countries and the government has done hardly anything. It's the private sector doing it. Lib/Nat does what the fossil fuel lobby says and Labour do what the fossul fuel unions say.
We are behind but almost all countries are behind the net zero target. The infrastructure to meet it will be going up all at the same time. There's a bucketload of wind and solar waiting to be connected to the grid in the US, UK and EU.

We are behind but almost all countries are behind the net zero target. The infrastructure to meet it will be going up all at the same time. There's a bucketload of wind and solar waiting to be connected to the grid in the US, UK and EU.
We are amoungst the worst in the world in all measurements. That includes per capita use , exports, electric cars. We are an International disgrace by any measure.

Not utopian, it's called common sense. Common sense to stop an impending disaster . There's nothing utopian about cheaper power prices that don't emmitt massive anounts of carbon.
Yeah you're not talking about cheaper power though.

You're suggesting that somehow the AFL can have influence over the masses to make a collective radical lifestyle shift for the purposes of positive climate change.

It's a ludicrous position, not surprised that you think this way though.

That's a coal lobby distraction argument though. Renewables use much much less.
Coal lobby, lol. Like medicines, you need to emit pollution to make renewable energy. Something you don't wanna talk about.

To manufacture ANYTHING, like the computer / phone you're using now, you need to emit pollution.

That's not lobbying for coal, that's just stating a fact.

I think I'll cease discussion with you on this mate, you're obviously a passionate irrational progressive that can't hold logical conversation.

Coal lobby, lol. Like medicines, you need to emit pollution to make renewable energy. Something you don't wanna talk about.

To manufacture ANYTHING, like the computer / phone you're using now, you need to emit pollution.

I think I'll cease discussion with you on this mate, you're obviously a passionate irrational progressive that can't hold logical conversation.
I knew you were an anarcho-primitivist, let's go baby, solar punk is on

So that is somehow an argument that renewables aren't worth doing? Utter rubbish.

Define pollution.

There are greenhouse gasses , which are a cause of global warming.
Then there is general pollution, which has been a issue for a long time and is manageable.
I know someone who was leading a university study on air quality in latrobe valley ( coal power stations ) the air there is better than melbourne. ( unless the open cut in on fire ).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Define pollution.

There are greenhouse gasses , which are a cause of global warming.
Then there is general pollution, which has been a issue for a long time and is manageable.
I know someone who was leading a university study on air quality in latrobe valley ( coal power stations ) the air there is better than melbourne. ( unless the open cut in on fire ).
Well I guess what I'm talking about is it takes energy to manufacture, or basically just exist, for the most part that means using fossil fuels.

So to construct a windmill, solar panel, a vaccine or medicine, or to go the footy (AP's idea that the AFL can somehow influence climate change) uses energy, by extension, fossil fuel >now<

Yeah I'm not advocating 'use fossil fuels to make renewables, don't bother', just observing the fact that no one wants to talk about.

Well I guess what I'm talking about is it takes energy to manufacture, or basically just exist, for the most part that means using fossil fuels.

So to construct a windmill, solar panel, a vaccine or medicine, or to go the footy (AP's idea that the AFL can somehow influence climate change) uses energy, by extension, fossil fuel >now<

Yeah I'm not advocating 'use fossil fuels to make renewables, don't bother', just observing the fact that no one wants to talk about.
No one wants to talk about?

I think you meant no one needs to talk about…. Because most people with a brain understand that we are going through a transition period.
Transitioning from one source of power to another.

No one wants to talk about?

I think you meant no one needs to talk about…. Because most people with a brain understand that we are going through a transition period.
Transitioning from one source of power to another.

And carbon based resources still extracted for manufacturing other stuff

The electricity grid is fluid.
Sometimes it is very renewable.
Other times its not.
( Nut seems to be onto this ).

This should be used correctly.
As i understand it , the water desalination plant claims to be renewable, meaning that they are paying for offsets.

To me this is horrible, they are paying for offsets on "our" behalf , meaning water is more expensive.
And offsets are a lie. They are like a pseudo battery that doesn't exist.
They are taking renewable electricity from sunny windy Wednesday, and "allocating" them the desalination plant on Thursday night.
To me it would make more sense if they could find a way to only run the desalination plant when there is a surplus of renewable electricity.

When the grid is at 0 KgCO2/kwh, if you use electricity you are still responsible for around 0.9KgCO2/kwh, unless you are paying for the privilege to say you are not.
Of course its our local councils and other government entities who pay the extra so they can say they are green.

Games to be further spaced out and teams to travel to interstate games by row boat... Old skool convict style...

Nonsense , Greta easily found an alternative means of transport to travel to completely necessary conferences.
I'm sure its suitable to replace transport for the masses.

greta.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back