Multiplat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tales of a legendary card playing, camomile drinking adventurer

How do you feel about Gwent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Also i got the Grandmaster Ursine Armour when i first entered Toussaint and it was the best thing i ever did even though i was under leveled when trying to get it and could not wear it until level 40 but boy was it worth it! Geralt is just about untouchable in this gear and while it is a heavy set it is by far the best kit in the game IMO when fully equipped with it's bonuses you get fully kitted out etc.

Grandmaster Cat armour for life :p

Griffin swords and cat armour

I turned it off last night after reaching Novigrad for the first time. I'd just finished all the main quests in Velen. Not sure if I should follow the main quests all the way through then go back and do all the side quests or try to complete each area fully before moving on. Thoughts?

Tbph though I was glad to gtfo of Velen. So sick of the swamps and rain like you said Chism.

I keep wanting to pronounce his name Jeralt. Geralt sounds ******* stupid. Also, did they try and make him sound like Clint Eastwood on purpose or is it just me?

Also, I had my first sex scene with uh.. whatshername the blonde sorceress.. Erica? Mrs Beerfish happened to be in the room at the same time and I got the whole 'Ohhh so now I see why you're spending so much time with this game' bit. :D Yesterday she got home to me playing it and asked how many birds I'd shagged this week now. I was like what irl or the game? :straining:

Have to say I was a bit taken aback by the detail.. :eek:

Grandmaster Cat armour for life :p

Griffin swords and cat armour

Depends on your character builds i suppose and the Ursine gear complemented my ability tree to a tee!

Actually when I said side quests I meant the notice board quests, the Witcher contracts. I've pretty much just been ignoring the notice boards and sticking to the main/side quests with the thought I'll come back and do them later. Is that wise or am I missing out on good gear and stuff by not doing the Witcher contracts as I go?

Actually when I said side quests I meant the notice board quests, the Witcher contracts. I've pretty much just been ignoring the notice boards and sticking to the main/side quests with the thought I'll come back and do them later. Is that wise or am I missing out on good gear and stuff by not doing the Witcher contracts as I go?
They all stay open for later.

I dd the same thing.

Depends on your character builds i suppose and the Ursine gear complemented my ability tree to a tee!

Yeah statistically iirc the griff swords are the best in the game. But i played a bit of a run and gun style, signs run in roll away so preferred the medium armor

run and gun style, signs run in roll away
I'm finding there seems to be little option for any other style early on. It's a real bitch when you're trying to roll back against a small group of trees with several enemies closing in. Trying to fight on Roach is seemingly suicide.. actually that horse's attitude is pissing me off no end come to think of it. I'd almost rather run everywhere that's reasonably close.

I'm finding there seems to be little option for any other style early on. It's a real bitch when you're trying to roll back against a small group of trees with several enemies closing in. Trying to fight on Roach is seemingly suicide.. actually that horse's attitude is pissing me off no end come to think of it. I'd almost rather run everywhere that's reasonably close.

Upgrade Roach's blinders or head wear by winning horse races and he gets less scared by enemies and does not buck you off.

The Byways were a prick to get through early in the game in Velen cause it was infested with high level Ghouls that just destroy you most times when going through on any level under 10-15.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Upgrade Roach's blinders or head wear by winning horse races and he gets less scared by enemies and does not buck you off.
It's not even being bucked off that's the problem. Geralt just doesn't seem to swing fast enough and the horse movement is clunky at the best of times never mind when you're trying to hack down 4 Drowners that have you surrounded.

I haven't even come across horse races yet.

It's not even being bucked off that's the problem. Geralt just doesn't seem to swing fast enough and the horse movement is clunky at the best of times never mind when you're trying to hack down 4 Drowners that have you surrounded.

I haven't even come across horse races yet.

Just get off Roach when in combat and slay em!

You will come across horse races soon enough.

I turned it off last night after reaching Novigrad for the first time. I'd just finished all the main quests in Velen. Not sure if I should follow the main quests all the way through then go back and do all the side quests or try to complete each area fully before moving on. Thoughts?

How and when you complete a bunch of the side quests changes how some of the big battles against the Wild Hunt in Acts Two and Three occur. Completing them all makes the "good" ending easier to accomplish.

If you do decide to do the side quests, one tip - don't talk go to Lambert in the Inn after you help him fight a monster in "Following the Thread" until you've done the side quests in Skellige. There's a missable quest that disappears after you talk to him at the Seven Cats (the inn on the way to Novigrad from Velen)

Last edited:
The extra coin never hurt

The extra coin never hurt
Very true. I turned it on for the first time in a few days last night. Took me a while to figure out wtf I was doing then I realised I turned it off last time because I was stuck. Finally figured it out but it made me decide to just focus on the main quests as I can very easily see myself perpetually sidetracked if I start doing other things.

Back