Thor: Love & Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

Bale was fantastic, as expected. ******* hell what an actor he is. Magnificent. Opening scene was excellent.

Russell Crowe looks like he was having a blast out there haha.

Overall, very good. As you’d expect from Taika. It’s zany, loud and colourful. Maybe too much going on at times.

Guns n Roses featured heavily, music was spot on at times. Slash’s solo in November Rain stole the show for me.

Didn’t hit the heights of Ragnarok for me. Not quite sure how I feel about that ending. Hmmm. I’ve got some issues throughout.

Post credit scenes very good. Worth staying for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bale was fantastic, as expected. ******* hell what an actor he is. Magnificent. Opening scene was excellent.

Russell Crowe looks like he was having a blast out there haha.

Overall, very good. As you’d expect from Taika. It’s zany, loud and colourful. Maybe too much going on at times.

Guns n Roses featured heavily, music was spot on at times. Slash’s solo in November Rain stole the show for me.

Didn’t hit the heights of Ragnarok for me. Not quite sure how I feel about that ending. Hmmm. I’ve got some issues throughout.

Post credit scenes very good. Worth staying for.
So not as good as ragnarok. Just a bit worse or a lot worse?

I wouldn’t necessarily put it that way. Ragnarok I really enjoyed and hold it quite high on my list overall. I didn’t think this one was as good, however this is all very subjective really. Just my personal opinion. As always, let your own eyes decide 👍🏼

I enjoyed it. Not as good as Ragnarok and Loki is a bigger absence than I've seen brought up so far, but still enough enjoyable bits plus one of the better Marvel villain performances from Christian Bale makes it a worthwhile viewing.

I saw it first up this morning and found it to be "ok" It didn't drag, but it doesn't really ever fulfill what it could have been

It is a bit of a mess tbh. Taika really painted himself in a corner with how well Ragnarok was received and the tone of it and after everything Thor has been through, that tone can't continue completely which is what makes it a bit of a mess

I would put it well down the list of MCU movies and well short of Ragnarok (which i enjoyed immensely)

Bale was fantastic though. The movie just comes across as a bit "try hardish"

6.5/10 for me

Man, I wasn't expecting much but that was a huge letdown.

Felt like Taika either wrote that over the weekend or tried to parody his own work.

Just like Multiverse of Madness, could have been so much more, but just a collection of ideas cobbled together badly.

Even though they came in at the end of the Infinity Saga reckon the Russos deserve more credit than Feige.

Could have been so much more.

It is a bit of a mess tbh. Taika really painted himself in a corner with how well Ragnarok was received and the tone of it and after everything Thor has been through, that tone can't continue completely which is what makes it a bit of a mess

Really good point. Tone didn't match at all the movie should have been done.

I think he's a bit like Rian Johnson with Star Wars. He does really well with his own work but when he needs to stay on the rails he's not as capable. Felt like a lot of Infinity War/End Game was glossed over.

They need to move towards a more standalone approach going forward because the last two films haven't justified having the MCU produced they way it was over the Infinity Saga.

I enjoyed it, not quite as much as Ragnarok but still laughed and enjoyed myself and the chemistry all worked well. Some scenes felt maybe a little drawn out but I understood they were trying to build up to the climax itself.

Yep, it’s good. Not as great as Ragnarok though.
Crowe was good as Zeus.
Bale was excellent even if the MCU Gorr wasn’t completely comic accurate.

I’ll be keenly watching the Easter egg break downs that arrive on YouTube, as I’m sure there were lots of characters and connections that I missed in Omnipotent City that we’re in background shots.

I thought we might get a couple more cameos in the movie to open up storylines in the MCU, but I guess they left that all for Hercules in the credit scene.

Yep, it’s good. Not as great as Ragnarok though.
Crowe was good as Zeus.
Bale was excellent even if the MCU Gorr wasn’t completely comic accurate.

I’ll be keenly watching the Easter egg break downs that arrive on YouTube, as I’m sure there were lots of characters and connections that I missed in Omnipotent City that we’re in background shots.

I thought we might get a couple more cameos in the movie to open up storylines in the MCU, but I guess they left that all for Hercules in the credit scene.
Quite a few celestials were hanging out in old God City!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back