Thorpeyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Was the most incredible swim!!!!! I cant believe he held onto it at the end!! He had to make up a full body length in the pool!

Theyre doing the presentations now.
ausflag1.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DaveW said:
Turns out he's mortal.

(to use an overworn cliche)

the 4 x 200 wasn't his fault. He came within a bee's d*ck of getting there after Keller, who has been in top form, had a near 2 second head start.

Blame the other blokes. They just couldn't get close enough to give a Thorpe a real chance in the last leg.

You're right Pie Man it wasn't his fault, though i do think he rushed his first 50....may have cost him on his last 50...still a mighty effort.

Neither was it Klim or Springer's, they both performed to the best of their current ability.

Hackett however was below par, if he'd even just perfomed to his current form(200 final) we'd have won by 3/4 of a body........overrated, this bloke is lucky his pet event is an obscure one that not all that many can be bothered with, or he'd never see an individual gold

Per capita what % would you say have a crack at swimming 100 as compared to 1500......obscure is relative and i would think that 10x the amount would at least have a go at swimming 100 or shorter distance events than would slave away at 1500.

How many heats for example??? that'll give you a rough idea, not saying it's a poor event, just that he picked the right one for his amount of talent :D

Much bigger talent pool in the shorter distances.

Thorpe swum his final leg in 1 minute 44.18 seconds (from memory), which is only about a tenth outside his world record.

Keller did a great time himself...faster than Phelps in the first leg, and that won it for them. Thorpe probably went too hard in his first 50, which told in the 3rd...but when you look at his split, you can't say he did much wrong. He was a street faster than anybody else, and the fact that he came back again in the last 50, when it was obvious he was hurting was pretty telling. If he had 5 more metres to swim he would have got him.

Hackett unforunately was dissapointing. Phelps didn't swim a great time, but he was an entire body length in front of Hackett.

It's too bad, I wanted to see Thorpe win a 3rd gold. I reckon he's got a good chance at a minor medal in the 100, but I can't see him beating Hoogie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back