Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Ferrari
Coming straight off the www.athens2004.com site:

Tickets

ticketsWaterpolo.jpg
With such a high selling rate, the tickets of the ATHENS 2004 Olympic Games are already hard to find. Purchase yours in time and be part of the greatest celebration of humanity.

NikkiNoo said:
well actually the event I want to go and see has "tickets unavailable"

We have a long weekend coming up on the 30th August and with the accomodation prices dropping I could probably pop over to Greece, but no tickets :(
AArghhhh! That completely sucks :( I thouht you could walk up to any event??

What is it you want to see? The mens 1500?

exactly... i heard people over here were trying to book tickets by internet and phone, but couldnt get any... then you see australians interviewed by the news over there who said they bought them at the gate.

I would be absolutely spewing if i paid premium prices like i did for a few events at Sydney, some Joe walks up off the street, thinks, hmmm maybe i'll go in and watch this basketball game.

5 euro's later he's sitting in the front row with 5 empty seats and a shmuck who forked out 100 euros.

Rob said:
Basketball sold out? You sure you're not confusing the olympics with the NBA?

Plenty of vacancies at the basketball games i've seen on TV.

I was actually going on what had previously happened at the last couple of games - the basketball (mens) sold out first and then the next sport to sell out was the rhythmic (both prior to the games starting). Not the case these games - you can still get tickets for the women's finals including the gold medal game! Mens finals are sold out - but most of the lead up games still have tickets which only cost 20 euro! my tickets will put me back 275 euro for the two finals :(

I might have to talk nicely to british gymnastics, as they often reserve a whole lot of tickets for each nations national sporting organisations (that's how I got my sydney tickets before they went on sale to the general public, although the seats were crappy). So even though it says tickets unavailable there might still be some around

I dont know how basketball could have sold out 'first' in Sydney. After the first ballot there were very few events left, for swimming there was absolutely nothing left.
but yeah.. gymnastics was actually one of the events they were taking the p*ss out of. Those stands would be 20% full at very best, you'll get in easy

nicko18 said:
I dont know how basketball could have sold out 'first' in Sydney. After the first ballot there were very few events left, for swimming there was absolutely nothing left.
but yeah.. gymnastics was actually one of the events they were taking the p*ss out of. Those stands would be 20% full at very best, you'll get in easy

That's the artistic and it was the qualifying where there were 3 to 4 sessions per day. The final was pretty full the last two nights. The Rhythmic I am talking about is in a different hall and check out the athens ticket site - all sessions for rhythmic are currently unavailable except for the podium trainings.

Do yous expect greeks to go see australia vs tunisia in soccer, or blah vs blah in hockey etc? This is a country that has champions league soocer and euroleague basketball every week in their country, they arent desperate for sport. If you look at most of the greek events, they are basically full...apart from womens soccer, and really if you ask most greeks they propably dont even know they have a women soccer team.

First the media makes up loads of crap of terrorism and the olympics not being ready in time, they scare away alot of the international tourists, then they swear in our faces when non greek events are empty.

Load of crap..

nicko18 said:
actually, there is even talk they will give tickets away, particularly if they struggle to sell many athletics tickets.
If they gave me a plane ticket aswell, I'd be there in a heart beat. Depending on the sport of course. Pretty sad when you have to give out tickets to fill an arena.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back