Tim Kelly - Requests Trade to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All that garbage about we got him first before you is just rubbish! All that matters is currenty is he’s a contracted cat and WCE will have to pay the required price! I’m happy for TK to go home, but you don’t get him for anything other than a fare deal.Family issues and all.

WTF, we’re not flight centre

And for the love of god, learn how to multi-quote

I think 19 was a first rounder, if not close enough and an early second rounder. Yeah he’s a decorated player but his best was well past him when he returned.

Yep, with 24 coming back don’t forget. You moved down five picks and sent a second rounder for Gary Ablett and an early fourth. It was an absolute bargain - good for you, great result, that’s the aim of the game.

Just don’t pretend that Geelong are a hard done by scrapper who never take teams to the cleaners. You made out like bandits for Ablett, you made out like bandits for Danger. It’s the aim of the game, it’s not an issue, if anything it’s an accolade. But Geelong don’t exactly have a history of getting bent over a barrel.

Maybe we could do a trade with GWS?

Trade: Future first (pick 17-19), pick 20
Receive: Pick 14 and 47

I don't really see why they wouldn't do that. A slight downgrade this year, plus our first in 2019. They'll also have pick 9 from Essendon for Shiel, so they might be a bit more willing to part with it.

Maybe we could do a trade with GWS?

Trade: Future first (pick 17-19), pick 20
Receive: Pick 14 and 47

Given GWS will get Essendon's pick 9 in a trade for Shiel, I think they might be willing to part with it.

Overs in my opinion - I’d be reluctant to trade a future first for a upgrade that minor. Finish 5th next year and the firsts cancel, so we’ve given up pick 20 for pick 47.

As good as Kelly appears to be, not sold on this idea of him as a future gun, or even his supposed increased value?
He's where in the Cat's midfield pecking order? 4th?
Can he play like any current elite midfielder, has he played with a tag, can he work his way through an elite tag?
Nice to have, a cherry on the pie, especially for a BTB.

Runner up fairest and best says he’s better than 4th

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Overs in my opinion - I’d be reluctant to trade a future first for a upgrade that minor. Finish 5th next year and the firsts cancel, so we’ve given up pick 20 for pick 47.

This is on the basis that we back ourselves in to finish high enough to make the difference neglible. Overall, it would effectively be pick 17-19 and 20 for Kelly and 47.

Last edited:
Got a sick feeling they're going to Cam McCarthy us.
Difference is McCarthy had just signed an extension a few months before and didn't have 3 kids and a wife to worry about.
Geelong would be absolute campaigners to do that to Kelly so you're probably right, seeing as they're absolute campaigners who seem to only want things their way.
Could actually see this ending up in court if the AFL don't step in on the sly and make the two teams work things out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is on the basis that we back ourselves in to finish high enough to make the difference neglible. Overall, it would effectively be pick 17-19 and 20 for Kelly and 47.

The absolute best it could be (before any compo is dished out) is 20 this year and 18 next year for 14 and 47 this year. I’d do it for something in the pick 6-8 range and back ourself, but I think to move up from 18/20 to 14, that’s a big risk.

Why are so many acting like there's an hour to go in the trade period? We're only halfway and there's the weekend break coming up. The AFL won't need to step in, Geelong and West Coast are negotiating like pros, keeping the details under wraps but letting out some details to gauge opinion, they'll get it done, there's no rush. We're not holding any other deals up.

The absolute best it could be (before any compo is dished out) is 20 this year and 18 next year for 14 and 47 this year. I’d do it for something in the pick 6-8 range and back ourself, but I think to move up from 18/20 to 14, that’s a big risk.

It is, but out of all the options this year, I think it's honestly our only one. Out of the first round picks close to 10 (no one will give away a top 10 pick in this draft):
* Pick 11: Going to be used for Hogan/Lobb, not an option.
* Pick 12: Geelong's first, self explanatory.
* Pick 13: Will be used by Adelaide to get into the top 5 picks of the draft.
* Pick 15: Going to be used as part of the Wingard trade.

Anything lower then that means we'll have to probably include 22 as well. IMO pick 14 alone will get the trade done for Kelly.

Last edited:
Speaking of salaries - how is it that the Cats are still under the cap? They’ve brought in Dangerfield, Hendo, Scooter, Stanley, Zac Smith, Tuohy, Ablett, Dalhaus and now Rohan in the past 3 trade periods. Serious question, not a troll.
Look at their bottom ten players. An absolutely bunch of spuds that would be given away for free at the spudshed. They are set for a long hard period of missing the finals.

As said before hate to question the godfather(32), but.. whole different scenario next year. We will be the hunted, some players will handle that and others won’t
Nelson is the kind of player that would (and will). And at minimum be good depth player

As for hunted
Example- Jason Johannisen
Bulldogs premiership year, all the talk re how good Johanniseen is
The next year tagged out of the game, (and I’ve heard little of him since)
I hope we get Kelly (admittedly I know little of him, only what I’ve read) but IMO Nelson will be a good player -and hopefully for us
Johannisen is a massive crab. I was really nervous when rumours said we wanted him. It's arguable that he deserved the norm smith as others put in a pretty good game.

Don’t understand all the Nelson bashing. The kid has plenty of mongrel and ability, but he needs to be played in the midfield. He’s done it for us against Freo a season or two ago and was one of our best while goldilocks was out, but then gets shunted back to the backline where at times he’s been one of our best. He was playing fantastically in early 17 until he got injured, and then struggled and hasn’t been the same since. Either way he doesn’t get r ouch credit for the good things he’s done imo.

I dont yhink Nelson is being slammed but he is the sort of player who may have some trade currency and we can afford to let go. IMO he is nowhere near the midfield. Disposal and decison making is very poor. Hardness and attack on the ball is great buf he is a trier, not polish. Cole Duggan Venners Ahchee all ahead of him for midfield position.

Don’t understand all the Nelson bashing. The kid has plenty of mongrel and ability, but he needs to be played in the midfield. He’s done it for us against Freo a season or two ago and was one of our best while goldilocks was out, but then gets shunted back to the backline where at times he’s been one of our best. He was playing fantastically in early 17 until he got injured, and then struggled and hasn’t been the same since. Either way he doesn’t get r ouch credit for the good things he’s done imo.

Runs around like a headless chook most of the time sadly. Fine depth player.

Got a sick feeling they're going to Cam McCarthy us.

Even if that happens, its not the end of the world. We go to the draft with our picks. We are not the club stuck with a disgruntled player on our list who doesnt want to be there. The Cats have the most to lose - they can spend the year dealing with Kelly and trying to convince him to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back