Top Prospects from Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

Names??

Why would anyone leave either Clarence or Glenorchy and head for the TCA?
Chocolates to boiled lollies

Haven't heard any names at this stage - just that Clarence and Glenorchy players were in the mix to be heading to the TCA. I'll keep my ear to the ground and shout it out when I know.

John McKenzie

Sounds like John McKenzie had a clean sweep with all the awards at the Mariner's function over the weekend.

This guy deserves a chance at the AFL level. Hopefully someone realises this guy can actually football and forget about his perceived lack of height.

Re: John McKenzie

Webster and Brown, Two good kids from South. Draftable?. Mckenzie i doubt would get a gig. Mihochek is a certainty. Julian deserves a chance with his goal kicking in championships

Re: John McKenzie

Webster and Brown, Two good kids from South. Draftable?. Mckenzie i doubt would get a gig. Mihochek is a certainty. Julian deserves a chance with his goal kicking in championships

Dobosz will be definitely be drafted within the first two rounds. I reckon Mackenzie will probably go late in the second round. Why do you doubt he will get a gig?

Re: Top Prospects from Tasmania for Draft/Rookie 2011

I also want to say that Aaron Hall's highlight real was incredible, surely he is a big chance to go in the rookie draft.

Hmm, does Hall strike anyone else as being a little softish? Dobosz to go at about 25.

Hmm, does Hall strike anyone else as being a little softish? Dobosz to go at about 25.
I suppose he would look soft from behind a computer screen:(

If you sawthe Lauderdale game live you wouldn't have thought him soft, had one bald Lauderdale player belting him all first half everytime he got near the ball but it didn't stop him, he possibly over-finesses the ball at times and sometimes try's to be a bit smart but he isn't soft, his old man would hae kittens if he was soft:thumbsu:

Although I admit to only having seen his 11 minute highlight reel, he did not strike me as soft. His tackling was excellent and he has courage taking a mark. He could probably do with bulking up a tad more, but a pre-season with an AFL club should sort that out.

I also want to say that Aaron Hall's highlight real was incredible, surely he is a big chance to go in the rookie draft.

I took the time to look at Hall's youtube clip and it is certainly impressive. Shows plenty of run, quality marks and defensive pressure.

It certainly is plausible Hall would be worth a rookie spot.

Sure there are a few areas to work on, however he shows enough that would create some interest.

Absolute load of Garbage. Watch the Hall highlight reel and look at the marks he takes running back with the flight. 1 against Glen and 1 against nth hobart. AFL clubs look for pace and skills not soo much courage these days anyway.

Does anyone want to have a crack at listing an order of draft and rookied lads who might come out of Tassie.

Look forward to replies!:footy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll have a stab, but it probably won't be accurate:

1. Dobosz (I think he the Tasmanian with the most upside to his game in this draft)
2. Mihocek (Might have had him higher than Dobosz if not for his lack of speed and agility)
3. Webster (Speed and endurance, a left footer. He should get picked up late round two-early round 3)
4. MacKenzie (A very consistent carnival, all-Australian selection, smart player. Should go around the same time as Webster)
5. Schade (195cm with good agility and had an excellent carnival. He could go anywhere, but I would expect him to be picked up in the third round, mainly only because he has flown under the raider a bit. Hopefully he hasn't flown under the recruiter's radar, he should be an early to mid second round selection on talent, but because he is a long term prospect, I am expecting him to fall down to the third round)
6. Joseph (Tackling machine and a good goal sense, may go late)

Possible Rookies:

1. Tim Mohr (22 year old tall defender who has been excellent playing for Casey Scorpians)
2. Ben Brown
3. Aaron Hall (heh, I just love his highlights package!)

1. Dobosz (I think he the Tasmanian with the most upside to his game in this draft)
2. Mihocek (Might have had him higher than Dobosz if not for his lack of speed and agility)
3. Webster (Speed and endurance, a left footer. He should get picked up late round two-early round 3)
4. MacKenzie (A very consistent carnival, all-Australian selection, smart player. Should go around the same time as Webster)
5. Schade (195cm with good agility and had an excellent carnival. He could go anywhere, but I would expect him to be picked up in the third round, mainly only because he has flown under the raider a bit. Hopefully he hasn't flown under the recruiter's radar, he should be an early to mid second round selection on talent, but because he is a long term prospect, I am expecting him to fall down to the third round)

Possible Rookies:

1. Tim Mohr (22 year old tall defender who has been excellent playing for Casey Scorpians)
2. Ben Brown

Tazwegian I appreciate your time and thoughts on my question. Obviously none of us know what will occur on draft night. However it is fun to speculate.

Tazwegian I appreciate your time and thoughts on my question. Obviously none of us know what will occur on draft night. However it is fun to speculate.

No worries. It is fun, although I may have overrated MacKenzie. There is talk of him not going through until the rookie draft, if at all, according to this article on AFL.com. I just think as an all-Australian and best div 2 player, he would have had to have enough upside and form to get a mid selection. See what happens on the day.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/126141/default.aspx

Possible Rookies:

2. Ben Brown

Not being harsh on anyone however I believe that really only Mohr whom has already been pre listed, Ben Brown and Henry Schade have any chance to be honest. Schade probably around 25-30 , Brown around 50. My smokey is of course Hall because he presents with all the neccesary attributes at a time when mature age or older players are being succesfully drafted. Debosz also a chance for Rookie because of his hands and footskills. I have seen Joseph x 2 and doesn't really impress me enough and Mackenzie has too many quicker and more talented players going for his spot, he is a ball magnet but maybe just not good enough. I wish them all the best however, another 3/4 tassie boys drafted would be great.

Not being harsh on anyone however I believe that really only Mohr whom has already been pre listed, Ben Brown and Henry Schade have any chance to be honest. Schade probably around 25-30 , Brown around 50. My smokey is of course Hall because he presents with all the neccesary attributes at a time when mature age or older players are being succesfully drafted. Debosz also a chance for Rookie because of his hands and footskills. I have seen Joseph x 2 and doesn't really impress me enough and Mackenzie has too many quicker and more talented players going for his spot, he is a ball magnet but maybe just not good enough. I wish them all the best however, another 3/4 tassie boys drafted would be great.

I will put my house on Schade, Dobosz, Webster (Especially after the way he tested) and Micohek getting drafted. Brown to either go late or rookie due to his injuries.

Micohek can't run. Slower than a wet week unfortunately.
yeh saw him in the GF and looked like an aircraft carrier when he had to change direction, is talented but maybe not what they are looking for on the big island.

A previous poster stated he would put his house on some players being drafted, never ever put your house on anything in footy, some of the least talented footballers have become stars (Andrew Dunkley) and some of the best have gone nowhere or derailed (Bradley Plain/Matthew Queen) many of these young players would have been playing underage football in the old statewide league but as numbers and quality has dropped away they are being given exposure early, sometimes too early and recruiters see that, under developed body's with problems all over the place and over inflated ego's.

Talk of Hall training at Collingwood is positive, if it is true which is what I've heard he is very close to being picked up, these clubs have low or little picks and want ready made players whom can play day 1, Hall fits that bill:thumbsu:

Talk of Hall training at Collingwood is positive, if it is true which is what I've heard he is very close to being picked up, these clubs have low or little picks and want ready made players whom can play day 1, Hall fits that bill.

Looking at him as a possible rookie pick. Also Ess, GC, GWS & Syd interested as a rookie.

Micohek can't run. Slower than a wet week unfortunately.

My last crack at the Tassie boys and their order:

1. Schade- Range 15-35
2. Webster-Range 25-45
3. Dobosz- Range 25-50
4. Mihocek- Range 20-55
5. Daniel Joseph Range 50 -Rookie
6. Ben Brown- Rookie
7. John Mckenzie- possible rookie
8. Larry Owen- possble rookie
9. Dylan Riley- posible rookie
10. Michael Musicka- unlikely

Hope they all get picked up. However in a thin draft it is a tough ask.:rolleyes:

Where is Hall???

My last crack at the Tassie boys and their order:

1. Schade- Range 15-35
2. Webster-Range 25-45
3. Dobosz- Range 25-50
4. Mihocek- Range 20-55
5. Daniel Joseph Range 50 -Rookie
6. Ben Brown- Rookie
7. John Mckenzie- possible rookie
8. Larry Owen- possble rookie
9. Dylan Riley- posible rookie
10. Michael Musicka- unlikely

Hope they all get picked up. However in a thin draft it is a tough ask.:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back