Tour De France 2005

Remove this Banner Ad

The two spanish riders and Rasmussen did really well if they keep it up the tour should be a challenge for Lance, Ullrich did bad but my hat is off to Cadel, he did well to last as far as he did, he was one of the last people dropped, hopefully he backs it up again!

What a difference a day can make. Vino struggled after being dropped in stage 10 but made amends with a great stage win after being part of an early breakaway. Cadel Evans stayed with the main group with Armstrong for the whole stage and Michael Rogers was less than a minute behind them at the top of the final climb (in a small group with Andreás Klöden) and caught up on the descent.

Overall Standings

1 001 ARMSTRONG Lance DSC USA
2 057 RASMUSSEN Mickael RAB DEN 00' 38"
3 101 MOREAU Christophe C.A FRA 02' 34"
4 021 BASSO Ivan CSC ITA 02' 40"
5 038 VALVERDE Alejandro IBA ESP 03' 16"
6 061 BOTERO Santiago PHO COL 03' 48"
7 164 LEIPHEIMER Levi GST USA 03' 58"
8 031 MANCEBO Francisco IBA ESP 04' 00"
9 011 ULLRICH Jan TMO GER 04' 02"
10 014 KLÖDEN Andréas TMO GER 04' 16"
11 066 LANDIS Floyd PHO USA 04' 16"
12 019 VINOKOUROV Alexandre TMO KAZ 04' 47"
13 096 JAKSCHE Jorg LSW GER 05' 33"
14 044 EVANS Cadel DVL AUS 05' 55"
15 007 POPOVYCH Yaroslav DSC UKR 06' 25"
16 108 KASHECHKIN Andrey C.A KAZ 06' 32"
17 023 JULICH Bobby CSC USA 06' 37"
18 026 SASTRE Carlos CSC ESP 06' 37"
19 151 MAZZOLENI Eddy LAM ITA 08' 46"
20 135 ROGERS Michael QST AUS 09' 10"

Good to see Michael Rogers sneak into the top 20 on GC. I doubt there will be too many major changes to the GC on tonights stage. The two stages on Sat. and Sun. should be where the next major action takes place.

Armstrong will win again. He was again isolated from his teamates on the first climb after the agression shown by T-Mobile on the first climb. Armstrong finished second on the stage and did it pretty comfortably in the end. Georg Totschnig won the stage after a long breakaway. Cadel Evans finsihed the stage in 14th after being dropped on the first climb, rejoining the lead group on the decent and then being dropped at the base of the final climb.

GC
1 Lance Armstrong (USA) Discovery Channel 55.58.17 (43.32 km/h)
2 Michael Rasmussen (Den) Rabobank 1.41
3 Ivan Basso (Ita) Team CSC 2.46
4 Jan Ullrich (Ger) T-Mobile Team 4.34
5 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Gerolsteiner 4.45
6 Floyd Landis (USA) Phonak Hearing Systems 5.03
7 Francisco Mancebo (Spa) Illes Balears-Caisse d'Epargne
8 Andreas Klöden (Ger) T-Mobile Team 5.38
9 Alexandre Vinokourov (Kaz) T-Mobile Team 7.09
10 Christophe Moreau (Fra) Credit Agricole 8.37
11 Jörg Jaksche (Ger) Liberty Seguros-W**rth 8.52
12 Cadel Evans (Aus) Davitamon-Lotto 9.14
13 Yaroslav Popovych (Ukr) Discovery Channel 9.59
14 Georg Totschnig (Aut) Gerolsteiner 10.39
15 Haimar Zubeldia (Spa) Euskaltel-Euskadi 11.43
16 Bobby Julich (USA) Team CSC 11.54
17 Andrei Kashechkin (Kaz) Credit Agricole 12.55
18 Carlos Sastre (Spa) Team CSC 13.53
19 Eddy Mazzoleni (Ita) Lampre-Caffita 14.06
20 Stefano Garzelli (Ita) Liquigas-Bianchi 17.12

where are u getting the info from markstaners

how will the sprints be played out when those who are figting for the green jursey will most probally wont be at the top end

Evans finished 4th and moves into 7th overall. He did all the work trying to gain time on the top 10 and tried to break away on his own a few times. He was trying to win the stage for what happened in Germany but just had nothing left by the sprint finish. A gutsy ride.

rhino said:
Evans finished 4th and moves into 7th overall. He did all the work trying to gain time on the top 10 and tried to break away on his own a few times. He was trying to win the stage for what happened in Germany but just had nothing left by the sprint finish. A gutsy ride.
He sacrificed his stage win for invaluable time for the overall classifications and now going from 11th to 7th it was the right call

Darealrath said:
The commentators must have money on Vinokourov the way they go on about him.
I cant blame them....he has this great never-say-die attitute and always seems to be the rider that works the hardest in breakaways!

He's won himself many fans - me included

With the big mountains over, the sprinters will now take centre stage..

Category standings - Points
1. Thor Hushovd (Nor/C.A) 164
2. Stuart O'Grady (Aus/COF) 150 :D
3. Robbie McEwen (Aus/DAV) 142

I have a feeling that McEwen will end up sprinting over the top of them, however I would love it to see Stewy take it out!

roostersgal4eva said:
where are u getting the info from markstaners

how will the sprints be played out when those who are figting for the green jursey will most probally wont be at the top end

Go to www.letour.com it's a great website, it's updated every 4 or 5 minutes during the race and has all the info about points and standings in every classification and every stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RussellEbertHandball said:
Go to www.letour.com it's a great website, it's updated every 4 or 5 minutes during the race and has all the info about points and standings in every classification and every stage.
seen it........great site

http://www.eurosport.com/tourdefrance2005/ is great two - has live timing and live audio

make sure you use real player & Internet Explorer as your browser....Netscape dosnt work for some reason ???

Can't say I've ever been into Le Tour before this year, but now I'm really reluctant to turn the TV off each night. When Cadel was in front last night I was determined to see it through to the end - it was a great ride and he got his just reward climbing to 7th overall. It's great to see Aussie riders now making an impact on the overall classification. Hopefully he can become a genuine contender in the next few years.

As for Armstrong, the guy is obviously a freak - he just seems to turn on the switch whenever he needs to. Basso is a class act too and will be hard to beat next year.

Big credit to SBS too - Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen are class acts, as is Mike Tomalaris. It's only now I feel I have a full appreciation for the hell these riders go through!

Lowie01 said:
Can't say I've ever been into Le Tour before this year, but now I'm really reluctant to turn the TV off each night. When Cadel was in front last night I was determined to see it through to the end - it was a great ride and he got his just reward climbing to 7th overall.

I'm in the same boat, i think i've watched all of the last 7 or so stages. I've become a cycling junkie! Love the mix of tactics and sheer determination and skill.

roostersgal4eva said:
I cant blame them....he has this great never-say-die attitute and always seems to be the rider that works the hardest in breakaways!

He's won himself many fans - me included

I like him too, but I'd have liked to have seen the T-Mobile guys work together a bit more. Vini always seems to be trying to race by himself, well when he isn't fetching drinks for Jan ;)

Darealrath said:
I like him too, but I'd have liked to have seen the T-Mobile guys work together a bit more. Vini always seems to be trying to race by himself, well when he isn't fetching drinks for Jan ;)
Apparently team Discovery Channel are intrested in him to replace Lance

i like vino too, but i keep on hearing about the infighting b/w him and ullrich
has anybody got the inside scoop on that, are they both decent guys caught in a leadership tussle or are they both arrogant knobs or what

btw, does anybody else find it mildly annoying how paul sherwen keeps on repeating himself

romanwfw said:
has anybody got the inside scoop on that, are they both decent guys caught in a leadership tussle or are they both arrogant knobs or what

btw, does anybody else find it mildly annoying how paul sherwen keeps on repeating himself
its a repeat of when Stewy went from CA to Confidus...he and Hushovd wanted to be team captain of CA and in the end stewy left....its worked as he is riding execeptionall well and now they are better friends than before :)

same difference - vino and ullrich want to be leader....now vino has OFFICALLY left

http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s18/e7203/sport_lng0_spo18_evt7203_sto743893.shtml

Since he's great mates with compatriot Andrey Kashechkin, Credit Agricole seems the most likely or as i mentioned Team Discovery Channel are looking at him!!!

romanwfw said:

They are in the commentary box for four-five hours straight each day so its going to be pretty hard to find different things to talk about the whole time especially during some of the dead parts of the stage where there is not along happening. Well done to SBS on showing every stage of the tour live, hopefully into the future their coverage of road cycling can continue with perhaps some of the one-day classics live or highlights the next day and not a few weeks down the track where you no what the result is. Would also be good if they could have a daily highlights package of each stage during the Giro d'Italia and Vuelta a Espana as well. Probably is the demand or interest in those two events though.

If Vino want to be a team leader he should leave T-Mobile, Ullirch is and rightly so the leader of that team.

As much as i wanted Jan to overtake Rasmussen i didn't want it to happen like that, what a disaster!

I felt sorry for him but i couldn't help but laugh as he was changing bikes every 100m.

What's even funnier is he still beat half the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back