Tour De France 2014 Stage 6: Arras - Reims

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, 24 hours is a big time frame in the world of cycling. We now no longer have the outright Tour favourite riding, Froome having to withdraw from the race after 3 falls in 2 stages. Contador is now 2'37" down on Nibali, who must now be the favourite for the outright victory.

Current Jersey Leaders
Yellow:
Vincenzo Nibali (AST)
White: Peter Sagan (CAN) worn by Michal Kwiatkowski (OPQ)
Green: Peter Sagan (CAN)
Polkadot: Cyril Lemoine (COF)
Team: Astana

Stage-6-Map.jpg

PROFIL.png

PROFILKMS.png

General Classification after Stage 5
ITA 1 NIBALI, Vincenzo (ASTANA) 20:26:46
DEN 2 FUGLSANG, Jakob (ASTANA) + 2
SVK 3 SAGAN, Peter (CANNONDALE) + 44
POL 4 KWIATKOWSKI, Michal (OMEGA PHARMA - QUICK-STEP) + 50
SUI 5 CANCELLARA, Fabian (TREK FACTORY RACING) + 1:17
BEL 6 VAN DEN BROECK, Jurgen (LOTTO BELISOL) + 1:45
FRA 7 GALLOPIN, Tony (LOTTO BELISOL)
AUS 8 PORTE, Richie (SKY) + 1:54
USA 9 TALANSKY, Andrew (GARMIN SHARP) + 2:05
ESP 10 VALVERDE BELMONTE, Alejandro (MOVISTAR) + 2:11

Tonight I have a feeling the peleton will breathe a collective sigh of relief and view today almost as a "recovery" day of sorts. There wouldn't be a single rider who didn't feel the pain at some stage yesterday. Though today seems like an ideal day for the sprinters, both Kittel and Greipel hit the deck yesterday, so they will be feeling a bit worse for wear. I really think today we will see a large breakaway succeed. My tip (after extensive thought :cool: ) is Arthur Vichot.

Watch out for: Someone in today's break who has already been in a break this year. We need someone to take the place of Johnny Hoogerland, Juan Antonio Flecha and Martijn Keizer. Also, Paul and Phil will be making copious references to Petacchi winning here in 2010, so he will look to repeat the dose.

Conversation regarding past cases of PED use or innuendo surrounding current riders will not be tolerated. This thread is specifically about Stage 6 of the 2014 Tour de France, so let's keep it that way.

Last edited:
Amazing reaction from last night with all the cyclists up in arms and all the viewers celebrating a great night. Looking fwd to alps and esp stage 17 but tonight will be a welcome recharge for one and all

This just got a lot more interesting with Froome out. I still think Sky are too strong and Porte could be in this up to his eyeballs

Cadel could only laugh if an aussie wins the tour a few years after him lol

With the world cup on and being relatively flat, think I'll use tonight as a rest day myself and catch some zz's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zandio looks in a real bad way.

So are we comfortable labelling Sky as the successors to the bleeding carrots? They are having a horrible Tour so far.
Felt bad for him yesterday with team fussing over Froome and him just standing around waiting for help

Just got home from Asia and turned le tour on!

Spewing I missed last night's stage! Being new to cycling, my first understanding of
Cobbles cAme when schleck got knocked out of the race a few years back. Looking at the weather yesterday, stage must have been brutal!!

Now , We wait for "cows with guns"!!

Just got home from Asia and turned le tour on!

Spewing I missed last night's stage! Being new to cycling, my first understanding of
Cobbles cAme when schleck got knocked out of the race a few years back. Looking at the weather yesterday, stage must have been brutal!!

Now , We wait for "cows with guns"!!
If u get a chance watch this years Paris roubaix

Remove this Banner Ad

Back