Tour de France

Remove this Banner Ad

Lenny* said:
Verburggen took a shocking line into the corner and couldnt hold on.....ended up flyying over the side of the side and it looked as though he landed in a prickle bush :eek: Alot of blood on the bloke, doesnt look to great.

Kessler is back on his bike and clung on to the Peloton.....I think Canada has a broken Coller Bone.

The roads are terrible on this stage. :thumbsdown:

yeah the roads are pretty bad, i wonder if they will fix them up in time for next years tour.

And i would have to say that is the most spectacular crash ive seen in this years tour

Verbrugghe suffered a broken leg. I think it may have been fractured in 3 places (but this is only 2nd hand - I havent read any news articles about it).

This crash was also meant to have been nearby the site of Joseba Beloki's crash in the early 2000s when he was on a descent being followed by Lance Armstrong and lost control of the bike at 80kmh and broke his leg. Lance had to go cross country to avoid the crash.

Rest day tonight i think. Can't wait for tomorrow's stage though, L'Alpe-D'Huez. :thumbsu:

POSITION.gif

Anyone else feeling hot just watching it ? They get the odd rest day but it's some effort to back up day after day in that heat, especially when your one of the dudes just flogging yourself for the team leader.

Joe Gutnik follows the Tour?

Anyway I'm waiting in anticipation of tonight's stage.

I bloody hope one of the big guys attacks. If Landis wins the tour by bludging off Radobank and T-Mobile's work and continues the defensive mindset I won't be happy. I know it is his interest and all but I'd like to see the winner attack and blow the field away on at least one stage.

Unwritten_Law said:
Joe Gutnik follows the Tour?

Anyway I'm waiting in anticipation of tonight's stage.

I bloody hope one of the big guys attacks. If Landis wins the tour by bludging off Radobank and T-Mobile's work and continues the defensive mindset I won't be happy. I know it is his interest and all but I'd like to see the winner attack and blow the field away on at least one stage.

Should be great.

Leipheimer has to attack, as does Popovych.

Kloden will win it, he is getting better as the tour goes on.

I agree, i don't want Landis to win! I think Menchov will win tonights stage because he will have Rasmussen and Boogerd there with him. I hope this doesn't happen and Cadel wins the stage but i think Rabobank will be too strong and i don't like Landis

Guido17 said:
I agree, i don't want Landis to win! I think Menchov will win tonights stage because he will have Rasmussen and Boogerd there with him. I hope this doesn't happen and Cadel wins the stage but i think Rabobank will be too strong and i don't like Landis
Agree with everything you say mate. I don't like Landis either. Any of the major contenders will have to lead Landis going into the final time-trial, I reckon Landis has them all covered in the time trial.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schleck my balls.

Landis has it in the bag. The guy just doesn't get flustered at all, he held Kloden easily. The only chink in the armour is his team. A breakaway with a few decent placed riders could make it interesting although T-Mobile would probably chase it down for him.

CSC and Schleck deserved the victory, they rode a brilliant stage.

Landis looked strong didn't he?

I was kinda hoping he would crack so Kloden could take yellow, but it didn't happen.:mad:

I still think Kloden is alive. I am still in awe of Jens Voigt - he is a beast of a man. You have to give it to Schlek he broke away from Cunago (sp) at the right time.

Tonight is the big one really. Landis looks very comfortable bu id like to see Kloden cut some time off. Perreiro will die away. Dont like Menchov - he is struggling..

As someone said earlier Landis has them covered in the time trial - its really down to him, Kloden, Leiphemer in my opinion !!

Cadel has to and will attack tonight in my opinion, it's just a matter of whether or not he can get away and stay away from Landis who looks extremely good as much as i hate to say it.

Arsene Wenger said:
I still think Kloden is alive. I am still in awe of Jens Voigt - he is a beast of a man. You have to give it to Schlek he broke away from Cunago (sp) at the right time.

Tonight is the big one really. Landis looks very comfortable bu id like to see Kloden cut some time off. Perreiro will die away. Dont like Menchov - he is struggling..

As someone said earlier Landis has them covered in the time trial - its really down to him, Kloden, Leiphemer in my opinion !!

Touche!

He has a huge heart & never ever gives up - he rides like an Aussie!!

he learnt his craft here in Oz - aprently has the accent to prove it :p

what a stage that was tonight!

landis suddenly destroyed and losing 10 minutes to the stage winner and around 8 to his rivals!

i think cadel is in with a huge chance to win the tour, he is currently 2.56 down on oscar pereiro, but in my opinion is the best time trialist of the top 5. In Stage 7, the first time trial, of the top 5 these were the results:

A.Kloden 1.50 (behind time trial winner Honchar)
C.Evans 1.52
C.Castre 2.27
O.Pereiro 2.57
C.Dessel 3.50

Current standings are:
O.Pereiro 74.38.05
C.Castre 1.50
A.Kloden 2.29
C.Dessel 2.43
C.Evans 2.56
D.Menchov 3.58
M.Rogers 6.47
C.Moreau 7.03
L.Leipheimer 7.46
H.Zubeldia8/06
F.Landis 8.08

Tomorrow's stage from Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne to Morzine will be crucial, and will go a way to deciding the tour, but isnt it great to see the Aussies doing so well.

You never know, come Paris it could be Green and Gold for Australia and for Davitamon Lotto! :D :) :thumbsu:

Wow. Just wow.

I stitched Landis up brilliantly :D :thumbsu:

Code:
General classification:

1. Oscar Pereiro (Spa/Caisse d'Epargne) 74 hours, 38 mins, 05 secs
2. Carlos Sastre (Spa/Team CSC) +1:50
3. Andreas Kloeden (Ger/T-Mobile) +2:29
4. Cyril Dessel (Fra/AG2R) +2:43
5. Cadel Evans (Aus/Davitamon-Lotto) +2:56
6. Denis Menchov (Rus/Rabobank) +3:58

I think it is safe to say we are down to 6 with Rogers the next best placed at +6:47.

Take Pereiro out and it would be a real cracker. Phonak's legacy lives on :(

Wasn't it great to see Landis crack??? I couldn't stop smiling while i was watching it. The race is still very open, anything could happen tonight as we saw last night. Let's just hope Cadel can hang in there one more night and maybe get some time on his rivals.

i think oscar's got to be a pretty good favourite right now. if he holds tonight, i dont think he'll lose the time trial by 2minutes.

cadel HAS to attack tonight and get ground on kloden and run a monster TT

What an awesome stage - Landis flopping has turned things on its head - cost me some sleep, but well worth it.

Can't wait til tonight's stage - you would expect 2nd-6th (all being so close) to really take it to Oscar to try & break him before the time trial. He won't be easy to break as he showed bouncing back into yellow last night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back