Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s a lot of supporters off him after the weekend. I can handle a softer Tim in the ruck as long as he’s working back hard and intercept marking in D50. He didn’t on the weekend either.
Tim’s disposal impact leaves a lot to be desired too. He’s a very neat player but you often see him hitting short 20m kicks. There’s not a lot of impact per possession and is more or less just another accumulator around the stoppage.

Tim’s disposal impact leaves a lot to be desired to. He’s a very neat player but you often see him hitting short 20m kicks. There’s not a lot of impact per possession and is more or less just another accumulator around the stoppage.

His disposal numbers sometimes really flatter him.

Tim’s disposal impact leaves a lot to be desired too. He’s a very neat player but you often see him hitting short 20m kicks. There’s not a lot of impact per possession and is more or less just another accumulator around the stoppage.
His disposal numbers sometimes really flatter him.
His 363 metres gained means he's averaging more than any other ruck this season. I disagree.

His 363 metres gained means he's averaging more than any other ruck this season. I disagree.

I did say sometimes in fairness.

If you didn’t watch the game on the weekend and purely looked at his numbers, it would look like he had a decent day, but I thought he was absolutely horrible.

Same as round 24 last year, 2 goals and 18 touches, was beaten up by a debutant in the ruck and was a liability.

Last edited:
Yep he’s not very damaging at all he may have 20 touches but he’s rarely done much with them. Plus he’s shat himself in front of goals now, he’s as unreliable as any of them up there these days when he used to be pretty reliable a couple of years ago

I don't disagree in what you're suggesting that playing Bont and Libba on ball so much exhausts them.

But even with the value-add of a rested Bont/Libba, are you really suggesting that West, Weightman, Harmes, Sanders and Daniel up against Oliver and Petracca - their 'injected energy' - would have had better outcomes? The combination of previous form there (West), lack of ever having actually done it in the past/trained there (Weightman), or the realities of in-game management against what we had planned (Harmes' bad game/Sanders getting even more exhausted). Daniel we should have put in the middle more granted, but keep in mind that it was Gallagher that took the 3 at the start of the 4th quarter that he could have taken, which isn't the complaining about (or Daniel should have taken them when the game was done and dusted)?

I don't agree that my logic infers 100% time on ground/centre bounce attendances because there's obviously an exponential element to the amount above an "optimal" amount. In other words if 23 out of 30 or whatever centre bounce attendances is ideal for Bont, than the drop-off of quality between 23 and 25, on average across all 25, is less than the drop off of quality between 25 and 27, on average across all 27. And in turn between 27 and 29. If that makes sense. So (for the sake of argument) Gallagher's 3 centre bounces replacing Bont's 27 out of 30 suggests Gallagher would do a better job on average for 3 vs Bont 27, but not on average for 6 vs. Bont 24. If that also makes sense. Ideally if Sanders didn't blow up physically, he would have attended 12 or whatever replacing Bont and Libba 27 down to 24, but he did, so even an exhausted Bont and Libba 25, 26 and 27 is better than West 1, 2, 3. In my view, at least.

In other words I just can't accept that the overall result would have been better if halfway through the 2nd or 3rd quarter we just spun the magnets and said "West and Weightman, you're going in the middle". With them matching up against Petracca and Oliver (lol). As much as I agree we should look to diversify the midfield rotation heading forward, but that might simply be as easy as Sanders not blowing up physically next week.

So does this mean that Petracca and Oliver don’t have a break and rotate? So how can they do it and Bont and Libba can’t, or when they do have a break we don’t take advantage of it?

So does this mean that Petracca and Oliver don’t have a break and rotate? So how can they do it and Bont and Libba can’t, or when they do have a break we don’t take advantage of it?
Christian Salem and Kozi Pickett are far better midfielders than West, Weightman, Harmes, Sanders et al.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan is on the verge of re-signing with the Western Bulldogs.

Channel 9 reporter and SEN regular Tom Morris is reporting that the 21-year-old key forward will imminently put pen to paper on a multi-year contract.
Morris believes it is either a two-year or four-year deal for Ugle-Hagan who is currently contracted until the end of 2024.

Ugle-Hagan has attracted interest from several rival clubs but it appears as though he’ll remain with the Dogs for the foreseeable future.

Morris believes it is either a two-year or four-year deal for Ugle-Hagan who is currently contracted until the end of 2024.

Good news for Western Bulldogs fans. I can tell you this morning that Jamarra Ugle-Hagan isn’t going anywhere,” Morris said on SEN Breakfast.

“He hasn’t re-signed yet, but he will. It will be a two or four-year deal and you can lock it in that he’ll be at the Dogs for the foreseeable future.

“We’re talking good money, but I’m sure he could have got even better money elsewhere. It’s been widely reported that the Hawks have interest, Richmond, Collingwood, Essendon, Sydney, these sorts of clubs were weighing up what they could offer him and how long that deal could be.

“I’m not sure what the money will be at the Dogs but I do know that four years will take him to free agency, two years is obviously a shorter term.

“The order of events here is that his management has told clubs over the past few days that he’ll be staying at the Dogs. Yesterday the Dogs were informed by his manager Robbie D’Orazio that he will be staying and now it’s just a matter of getting a deal done.”

The Dogs recently signed Aaron Naughton to a long-term deal and his forward partner Ugle-Hagan is set to follow.

Ugle-Hagan was taken with Pick 1 in the 2020 draft and has kicked 62 goals from 46 matches in the red, white and blue.

Look 4 years is probably perfect for all parties. We can lock him in at $1 million a season and it eliminates the risk of all these long term deals that are being signed and gives him some immediate financial security.

From JUH perspective, it takes him to FA and gives him a possible out in his prime if the club is struggling. His next deal would be a monster 6 or 7 year contract on massive money.

The more English plays in front of possible suitors, the less $$$ he will get.

A glance at the stats and he looks brilliant. A deeper analysis will reveal that he is anything but.

I think people get far too caught up in the potential loss of individuals. We got raided as badly as anyone by GC and GWS and still won a flag.

If we lose one or two, whether now or then, we’ll be ok. It’s when the whole playing list wants to leave that you have a problem.
I agree with your sentiments in regards to Baz and English. But I think Jamarra leaving would be heartbreaking for a lot of our supporters. For as long as I’ve been a supporter of the club I can’t think of an indigenous player we’ve produced that’s been a superstar. And also being a key forward and having the potential to be the best KPF in the game. Seeing him leave would be extremely upsetting.

I’d have him up there with the Bont in terms of potential. We never lost someone like that. Taking nothing away from Ward, Harbrow and Griffin.

And once again these media outlets have jumped the gun. Everywhere you look, a news outlet has breaking news regarding Jamarra. All falling over each other to get a slice of the pie.

He hasn’t signed yet. He’s expected too in the coming weeks but he hasn’t put pen to paper and there’s no specific details of the contract.

And once again these media outlets have jumped the gun. Everywhere you look, a news outlet has breaking news regarding Jamarra. All falling over each other to get a slice of the pie.

He hasn’t signed yet. He’s expected too in the coming weeks but he hasn’t put pen to paper and there’s no specific details of the contract.
Mate they won't stop, they'll just pivot to some crap about the big clubs/mega deals are already waiting for him at the end of this deal bla bla bla.

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back