Treatment versus Vaccine

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly, I'm yet to hear anyone say anything to the contrary. That's both on here, in the media and in real world discussion.

It's like this entire thread is just you shadow boxing.

Who on earth doesn't agree with or doesn't support treatments for COVID? I mean, WTF.
Lol, nah there's been plenty of barbs thrown around various Corona threads and discussion forums here and around the net at anyone daring mention Ivermectin as a possible treatment option and plentiful memes to go with. You're either a tad unaware or disingenuous.

Last edited:

At least do some basic research.

CSL manufactures the AZ vaccine locally, they could also fu** it up, would that be on AZ or CSL?
It makes no difference. But thanks for chiming in.

Lol, nah there's been plenty of barbs thrown around various Corona threads and discussion forums here and around the net at anyone daring mention Ivermectin as a possible treatment option and plentiful memes to go with. You're either a tad unaware or disingenuous.
Admittedly the fact that people are being admitted to hospital in the USA because they have self-dosed on a medication that even its manufacturer has said is not a COVID-19 treatment may have something to do with it.

Admittedly the fact that people are being admitted to hospital in the USA because they have self-dosed on a medication that even its manufacturer has said is not a COVID-19 treatment may have something to do with it.
The scientists so many put their faith in regarding this stuff are so confused themselves and often biased both left and right it's really become a bit of a laughing stock, you can almost hear the circus music playing. There's an entire field now devoted to scientists studying each other to determine how compromised or biased they are themselves. The loss of scientific integrity is at the worst levels it has ever been at in human history IMHO. The study you refer to has been both included and excluded as biased in different analysis. It's too long to go into why a company no longer holding a patent to the product, whilst at the time of the study trying to develop it's own vaccine to sell may be compromised, but you should get the gist.
Lots of people go to hospital for self dosed misadventure regarding all types of drugs. It's not really something to be conceited about.

Last edited:
Vaccine manufacturer BioNTech/Pfizer, now valued at $100 billion, actually confirmed the lack of protection in an article in the British Medical Journal at the end of July, while in the same breath pushing the need for a (third) booster shot and increasing the sales prices for Europe.

Vaccine manufacturer BioNTech/Pfizer, now valued at $100 billion, actually confirmed the lack of protection in an article in the British Medical Journal at the end of July, while in the same breath pushing the need for a (third) booster shot and increasing the sales prices for Europe.

So let's get this straight....

You're telling me that a company that developed and produces a vaccine to drastically reduce serious illness and death from a virus that has caused the entire world to shutdown - is worth heaps of cash???

😲

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're telling me that a company that developed and produces a vaccine to drastically reduce serious illness and death from a virus that has caused the entire world to shutdown - is worth heaps of cash???

😲
Yes mate. Kind of like how construction companies profit mostly from war. The Iraq/Afghanistan occupations are good examples of this relationship, as construction companies & civil engineers were commissioned for building projects perpetually over a long stretch. At the moment both vaccine manufacturers & governments are serving their economic function, set to blossom in harness. This is something, you the consumer, are paying for & is negotiated on your behalf by the Australian government.

If I were you I'd happy that your life has such a large dollar sign attached to it.

Yes mate. Kind of like how construction companies profit mostly from war. The Iraq/Afghanistan occupations are good examples of this relationship, as construction companies & civil engineers were commissioned for building projects perpetually over a long stretch. At the moment both vaccine manufacturers & governments are serving their economic function, set to blossom in harness. This is something, you the consumer, are paying for & is negotiated on your behalf by the Australian government.

If I were you I'd happy that your life has such a large dollar sign attached to it.
I'm not sure of your point?

Do you think this is breaking news or something??

BioNTech and Pfizer are seperate companies.

And both were valued more than $100billion before the pandemic.

I'd expect them to make a lot of money out of the vaccines, but also consider the capital investment they had to make in order to produce the vaccines.

BioNTech and Pfizer are seperate companies.

And both were valued more than $100billion before the pandemic.

I'd expect them to make a lot of money out of the vaccines, but also consider the capital investment they had to make in order to produce the vaccines.
Due to additional supply agreements signed since the company’s last earnings report, Pfizer, which developed the vaccine in cooperation with German biotechnology company BioNTech, now expects to deliver 2.1 billion doses of the mRNA vaccine this year, raising its revenue guidance for the drug from $26 billion to $33.5 billion. Thanks to that increase, the company raised its overall revenue guidance to $78 to $80 billion, which would represent 86 to 91 percent year-over-year growth.

I thought there may be something more to it, given you presented it as some nugget of wisdom.

Alas, as usual it wasn't to be.
I hate to say it, but in your efforts to appear apathetic you're making it look like you lack comprehension. Maybe you should ask yourself what the "point" of the military-industrial complex is.

😲

AstraZeneca are selling vacvines at cost and are happy for countries to manufacture it themselves if they wish.

Not every country is just in it to make money.

AstraZeneca are selling vacvines at cost and are happy for countries to manufacture it themselves if they wish.

Not every country is just in it to make money.
This is such a first-world person's perspective.

I hate to say it, but in your efforts to appear apathetic you're making it look like you lack comprehension. Maybe you should ask yourself what the "point" of the military-industrial complex is.

Why?

I joined the broader discussion regarding COVID on here because I was hoping to get some insight into some alternate views. Same as with the Gay Marriage debate, I wanted to understand why people were against something that on face value, seemed so blatantly obvious. I needed to understand their view point, and get some insight into how they could come to such conclusions. Maybe I was wrong. I needed to keep an open mind, and understand both sides.

Unfortunately, I was left empty handed. The anti-Gay Marriage people literally had nothing of substance from what I found. It was either because of God, because they supported the Right of politics, of they were homophobic. All three scenarios explained why people took the position they did - but it was far from a good reason to do so. There was not a single argument raised that made me reconsider my initial thoughts.

This COVID discussion is exactly the same.

I wanted to understand how COVID deniers could believe it's a scam, when everything on face value suggested otherwise. I wanted to understand why anti-Lockdown people were so against it, and what they felt the alternative was. I wanted to understand why people felt COVID wasn't dangerous, and we had nothing to be concerned about. And subsequently, I wanted to understand why people would choose not be vaccinated against it, when they can get it for free and it's been ticked off by the Health authorities.

Unfortunately, again I've come up empty handed. I haven't read a single sentence on here on any of the above topics that has made me think. All I've seen is people forming positions, and then 'researching' s**t on Google that validates it. The positions seem to have been formed for the same reasons for the vast majority as they were for the Gay Marriage debate - they're either Jesus lovers, Right wing political fans, people angry at society who are just arguing whichever point is considered 'unpopular', or battlers who love conspiracy theories because it gives them a sense of purpose.

That aside, the information that I was hoping to find that would help form my views on these topics, has just been non-existent. It's either been straight out false, misleading, weak, and/or irrelevant to the discussion. More often than not, it's all just cut and paste stuff that is clear evidence of people falling victim to the big tech algorithms, that vested interests use to manipulate people.

It's just been very disappointing really.

Why?

I joined the broader discussion regarding COVID on here because I was hoping to get some insight into some alternate views. Same as with the Gay Marriage debate, I wanted to understand why people were against something that on face value, seemed so blatantly obvious. I needed to understand their view point, and get some insight into how they could come to such conclusions. Maybe I was wrong. I needed to keep an open mind, and understand both sides.

Unfortunately, I was left empty handed. The anti-Gay Marriage people literally had nothing of substance from what I found. It was either because of God, because they supported the Right of politics, of they were homophobic. All three scenarios explained why people took the position they did - but it was far from a good reason to do so. There was not a single argument raised that made me reconsider my initial thoughts.

This COVID discussion is exactly the same.

I wanted to understand how COVID deniers could believe it's a scam, when everything on face value suggested otherwise. I wanted to understand why anti-Lockdown people were so against it, and what they felt the alternative was. I wanted to understand why people felt COVID wasn't dangerous, and we had nothing to be concerned about. And subsequently, I wanted to understand why people would choose not be vaccinated against it, when they can get it for free and it's been ticked off by the Health authorities.

Unfortunately, again I've come up empty handed. I haven't read a single sentence on here on any of the above topics that has made me think. All I've seen is people forming positions, and then 'researching' sh*t on Google that validates it. The positions seem to have been formed for the same reasons for the vast majority as they were for the Gay Marriage debate - they're either Jesus lovers, Right wing political fans, people angry at society who are just arguing whichever point is considered 'unpopular', or battlers who love conspiracy theories because it gives them a sense of purpose.

That aside, the information that I was hoping to find that would help form my views on these topics, has just been non-existent. It's either been straight out false, misleading, weak, and/or irrelevant to the discussion. More often than not, it's all just cut and paste stuff that is clear evidence of people falling victim to the big tech algorithms, that vested interests use to manipulate people.

It's just been very disappointing really.
LV: Wastes his time on the internet trolling and putting people down for kicks.

Also LV: Wonders why he's not learning anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back