Player Watch Trent McKenzie

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope we get his fitness up and that he plays on the opposite wing to Polec ...

I am still expecting Trengove and McKenzie (and Thomas) to play mostly for the Magpies. If any earns a spot in the Power, great!

If two or all three do that, then, watch out... :)

McKenzie is our biggest bet, though. His upside is unknown.

I am still expecting Trengove and McKenzie (and Thomas) to play mostly for the Magpies. If any earns a spot in the Power, great!

If two or all three do that, then, watch out... :)

McKenzie is our biggest bet, though. His upside is unknown.

I am hoping that our fitness team does well with these 3 players (like they have with Dixon) and out of the 3, I hope that McKenzie and Trengove does well

The key with McKenzie is whether he can re-learn to play the wing role up the ground that he played earlier in his career. As a half back he’ll struggle to get games. As a wingman he might be a good chance.

A fit and firing Trent McKenzie has a hell of a lot more to offer the side in a wing role than Karl Amon IMO.

Does anyone have access to Ancestry or any of those family lineage websites?

Interested if Trent is related to the three McKenzie brothers from the 1890's who played for Port Adelaide and were noted for their long kicking up to 70 yards (60m).

It's a long bow but there is a chance.

Out of all the DFAs this is the player who i think has the best chance of making an impact.

Mainly as i am hoping he takes our kickouts and instead of repetitively doing our chip it 45m routine that never works (see second showdown this year) we use this bloke to kick to a contest on the wing and start our attacks from there.

How fast is Trent? As an opponent I paid little attention to, I had the impression he was too slow to play wing.

Hard to tell considering the only highlights he seems to have are from his kicking and his ability to embarrass himself......

Kenny has his say on the matter a couple of times from 1:16 :$

Going by this article from Bones he's no plodder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Does anyone have access to Ancestry or any of those family lineage websites?

Interested if Trent is related to the three McKenzie brothers from the 1890's who played for Port Adelaide and were noted for their long kicking up to 70 yards (60m).

It's a long bow but there is a chance.

Were they known as the Three Dulmial Gun Salute? If not, then they weren't related to Trent.

LOL they didn't get him for kick outs...

Cheers for that. The only reason Mckenzie has been given a second chance despite being bang average for a number of years is that he has an attribute very few players possess. I am hoping we put it to good use and try something different than our usual kickout routine that rarely works. If that happens i think he will be the most likely of the DFAs to have an impact.

The only reason Mckenzie has been given a second chance despite being bang average for a number of years is that he has an attribute very few players possess.
Because he can kick long and inaccurately?

They got him as a cheap depth player who in the past can play multiple positions.

No point kicking long if there is no one to mark the damn thing. Not many teams do it anymore as it usually results in another i50.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back