Richmond
TSL Round 10
Clarence v North Launceston - Bellerive Oval (ABC1) - 2:10pm
Glenorchy v Hobart - KGV Oval - 2pm
Burnie v North Hobart - West Park - 3pm
Launceston v Lauderdale - Aurora Stadium - 2pm
South Launceston v Devonport - Aurora Stadium - 4:30pm

optus_mobile_app_bh.png

To get the latest scores, go to the page located here.

News stories
The Mercury: 5 June 2010 - Rival coach praises Mariners - Click here
The Mercury: 4 June 2010 - Tigers shred new den rumour - Click here
The Mercury: 4 June 2010 - DIY fixes bee's knees - Click here
The Mercury: 4 June 2010 - Street out of state squad - Click here
The Mercury: 3 June 2010 - Bombers load guns for Roos - Click here
The Mercury: 2 June 2010 - Fight for team drags on - Click here
The Mercury: 2 June 2010 - Fame for humbling the Big V - Click here
The Mercury: 2 June 2010 - Devine exits with dignity - Click here

The Advocate: 5 June 2010 - Pies chase Devine dream - Click here
The Advocate: 5 June 2010 - Bourn says sorry to Ponsonby - Click here
The Advocate: 4 June 2010 - Four Coasters in the mix for state game - Click here
The Advocate: 3 June 2010 - NTFL could host State League seconds - Click here
The Advocate: 3 June 2010 - Former Dockers to feel heat at West Park - Click here
The Advocate: 3 June 2010 - Pies muscle up for State League encounter - Click here
The Advocate: 2 June 2010 - Tassie stuck it up the Big V and we let 'em know it! - Click here
The Advocate: 2 June 2010 - Memorable day for 'giant killers' - Click here

The Examiner: 4 June 2010 - State squad trimmed - Click here

Previews
In Saturday's Round 10 action, the ABC1 match of the day comes from Bellerive Oval where a red-hot Clarence take on their old adversary from the previous Statewide League, North Launceston.
The Roos, undefeated this season, have not lost a game at home since 2008 and really don't look like dropping one any time soon, the Bombers last beat Clarence here on 29 May 1999 (by 42 points).
With Brett Geappen up front sitting on 60 goals for the season, and with a plethora of match winners all over the park, the Rob... er Bombers will be flat out trying to plug all the gaps.
North have been doing well so far this season but I truly can't see them getting within eight goals of the rampaging Roos.

At KGV, Glenorchy host Hobart in what is shaping as a crucial game for both sides.
Hobart would be filthy with themselves over last week's performance, letting slip a golden chance to go two games clear of Glenorchy in the top six, whilst the Pies have enough worries of their own at the moment, conceding the first eleven goals of the game to Devonport in their previous outing but have been boosted by the return of O'Garey and Crouch.
Hobart last beat the Pies at KGV on 25 May 1996 in Gary Williamson's first game in charge (by 14 points), Glenorchy have been in disarray for much of the season, whilst the Tigers, missing the Sullivan brothers and Larry Owen, have been inconsistant at times with the constant chopping and changing in the team, will relish the opportunity to play on a bigger ground and should just break the drought on this occasion.
It will be a close game though.

An interesting match looms at West Park between the Dockers and North Hobart.
A win here for Burnie and they could push for a top six spot (although their percentage is a worry to them), despite their gloomy pre-season predictions they've fought the season out generally well with a young squad.
North Hobart have fallen into a hole in recent weeks and have looked vulnerable, culminating with a 13-goal smashing by Clarence last week.
A make or break game for the Demons, another loss will send them tumbling down the ladder, a far cry from sitting second not long ago.
Burnie will give them plenty of curry up there, but North might just get the points, an upset wouldn't surprise me though.

Launceston face Lauderdale in the first match of the double header at Aurora Stadium.
The Blues were beaten by the Southern Bombers in the corresponding game last season, but with a possible top three spot looming with a win, the Blues will need to assert their authority in the TSL and show they mean business.
Lauderdale have been much improved over the past couple of weeks, hanging on for much of the day against highly fancied Devonport two weeks ago before the Pies made a break in the third quarter and beating in-form Hobart on a sopping TCA last week and looking even better than the 33-point margin suggested - they were probably 9-10 goals better all day.
I'll tip Lonnie, but they have a dreadful habit of dropping games they should win, but they should hold out the 'Dale, it won't be by much though.
I won't exactly drop dead of shock if Lauderdale nick the four points though.

In the last game of the double header, the Bulldogs host an inform Devonport at Aurora Stadium.
In what'll most likely be a low scoring match the Pies should have enough in the bag to beat South and record their seventh win on the trot and likely go a game clear in second place.
The Dogs should hang in there for a fair portion of the match, but Devonport should get away to win by about 6-7 goals.

Under 18 Championships
Victoria Metro 21.11 (137) v Tasmania 6.5 (41) - Bellerive Oval.

TSL Round 10 - Quarter Time
Nth Launceston 5.2 (32) v Clarence 3.6 (24) - Bellerive Oval.
Hobart 4.3 (27) v Glenorchy 0.2 (2) - KGV Park.
Lauderdale 2.1 (13) v Launceston 1.2 (8) - Aurora Stadium.
Burnie v Nth Hobart - West Park (3pm)
Sth Launceston v Devonport - Aurora Stadium - 4:30pm

Under-18's
Clarence 8.11 (59) v Nth Launceston 8.8 (56)
Glenorchy 7.10 (52) v Hobart 7.7 (49)
Lauderdale 9.8 (62) v Launceston 8.8 (56)
Nth Hobart 12.14 (86) v Burnie 7.12 (54)

Reserves
Clarence 15.6 (96) v Nth Launceston 6.8 (44)
Glenorchy 18.10 (118) v Hobart 2.6 (18)
Launceston 10.5 (65) v Lauderdale 6.8 (44)
Sth Launceston 18.15 (123) v Devonport 5.1 (31)

Under 18 Championships

TSL Round 10 - Half Time
Clarence 7.12 (54) v Nth Launceston 7.7 (49) - Bellerive Oval.
Hobart 6.3 (39) v Glenorchy 5.4 (34) - KGV Park.
Launceston 6.7 (43) v Lauderdale 5.2 (32) - Aurora Stadium.

Quarter Time
Burnie 5.7 (37) v Nth Hobart 4.2 (26) - West Park

To Play

Under-18's
Nth Hobart 12.15 (87) v Burnie 8.12 (60)

Reserves

Under 18 Championships

TSL Round 10 - Three-Quarter Time
Clarence 12.14 (86) v Nth Launceston 10.9 (69) - Bellerive Oval.
Glenorchy 9.7 (61) v Hobart 8.4 (52) - KGV Park.
Launceston 16.9 (105) v Lauderdale 5.5 (35) - Aurora Stadium.

Half Time
Nth Hobart 7.10 (52) v Burnie 6.8 (44) - West Park

To Play

Under-18's

Reserves

Under 18 Championships

TSL Round 10 - Full Time
Clarence 15.19 (109) v Nth Launceston 12.11 (83) - Bellerive Oval.
Glenorchy 15.9 (99) v Hobart 13.8 (86) - KGV Park.
Launceston 19.12 (126) v Lauderdale 6.7 (43) - Aurora Stadium.
Nth Hobart 11.18 (84) v Burnie 9.9 (63) - West Park
Devonport 8.10 (58) v Sth Launceston 5.6 (36) - Aurora Stadium

Under-18's
Sth Launceston 11.13 (79) v Devonport 5.8 (38)

Reserves

First 5/5 in the RACT tipping this year and only 3 points off the margin.
4/5 for me. Hobart let me down there.
I thought they might've been a show, and after kicking the first four, even moreso.
Then the Pies started getting on top, got out to a 33-point lead late in the game before the Tigers hit back with three late ones to get within 13-points.
It's the Black & Gold Ball night, I forgot they never win on Ball night. :eek:

Oscarman said:
No doubt someone will nut me for the $250 and the Sherrin.
Always the way :D
A mate of mine was texting me non-stop last Saturday trying to find out how Hobart was going, once again, Hobart losing cost him the dosh. Was filthy LOL.

Did anyone at the Glenorchy Hobart game see this in the record.
scan0004.jpg

And then placed in the middle.

scan0003.jpg

Scott wade said that getting rid of reserves will help teams in our zone. Well Glenorchys zone has enough reserves and senior players. We are short of U19 players players at Claremont. Getting rid of the u18 seems better sense than reserves at the moment. Plus there is only one other team in the Glenochy area and if its full where will the former Glenorchy reserves players go. Some will just give it up.

Nice upload :thumbsu:
Get rid of the reserves and you will lose players for good out of Tasmanian football.
I've actually spoken to a few of the Reserves boys in recent weeks and most say that they will give the game away completely, because if they wanted to go and play at Dodges or Cygnet or the 'Farne or wherever, then they'd already be there.
They're at the club because they want to be there.

I tell ya what I reckon on this whole episode. I could be wrong, but here goes:
I reckon it's a directive from Demetriou, the AFL funds the TSL, so AFL Tasmania has to be the messenger so-to-speak and cut the reserves out of the comp at the AFL's request.
This would be why there's this "we're getting rid of it, no matter what the clubs say" attitude from AFL Tasmania, probably because they've got no say in it.
It's not helping the comp, it's shitting the players off and the crowds are drifting away again because of the uncertainty.

Nice upload :thumbsu:
Get rid of the reserves and you will lose players for good out of Tasmanian football.
I've actually spoken to a few of the Reserves boys in recent weeks and most say that they will give the game away completely, because if they wanted to go and play at Dodges or Cygnet or the 'Farne or wherever, then they'd already be there.
They're at the club because they want to be there.

I tell ya what I reckon on this whole episode. I could be wrong, but here goes:
I reckon it's a directive from Demetriou, the AFL funds the TSL, so AFL Tasmania has to be the messenger so-to-speak and cut the reserves out of the comp at the AFL's request.
This would be why there's this "we're getting rid of it, no matter what the clubs say" attitude from AFL Tasmania, probably because they've got no say in it.
It's not helping the comp, it's shitting the players off and the crowds are drifting away again because of the uncertainty.

ok well said. everyone is p1ssed off about it, and from my club's perspective it's a no go. thanks 4 bringing up that pt.

scott wade vs the clubs yet again.

arrogant editorial! he says the clubs need to compromise well he may as well say they need to bend over cos its wades way or the highway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wade is a flog, it's a simple as that! Wears his AFL Tas Jumper with his Clarence jumper firmly underneath! Will lose a lot of quality people to the great game called Aussie Rules. Players, volunteers, club stalwarts, supporters, the list goes on! Need to sort it out pretty rapidly one would think, so people can move on one way or the other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back