Belgarion

All Australian
Feb 17, 2002
Werribee
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wallabies
I've been looking at the TV coverage as published here in Melbourne in the Herald-Sun, and for the first 6 rounds at least you need to have Foxtel or Optus to see the Eagles on TV as they are only shown on pay TV.

So much for the "better coverage" we were going to get from the new tgelecasters.

Belgarion

I was always wary of this "better coverage" we were going to get with this new deal. Take today for instance, I turn on the TV at lunchtime to watch a game of footy only to find that there is none. Round 1 of the 2002 season and no footy is being shown on free to air until 5.30pm. Last year 7 would never have dreamed of not putting on a saturday arvo game live. Not a good start in my books.

Originally posted by daddy_4_eyes
Yeah, don't you hate it? There's no radio coverage this week either! :mad:

Mate, try the ABC's website or 882 6PR's website for radio coverage of the big game.

One thing I'm thinking of setting up this year is an SMS service for people who dont have access to TV or radio coverage of the game, where I'll send SMS updates during half time/after the match/whenever something big occurs (like Wilson taking out the entire squad during the warm ups) - good idea?

does any1 know if the game will be live into Perth on channel 9, or will the telecast start at 4.30?

And did any1 watch Western Front? I missed it so could someone tell me if it was any good? What did they have on it?

Originally posted by GoEagles
Mate, try the ABC's website or 882 6PR's website for radio coverage of the big game.

One thing I'm thinking of setting up this year is an SMS service for people who dont have access to TV or radio coverage of the game, where I'll send SMS updates during half time/after the match/whenever something big occurs (like Wilson taking out the entire squad during the warm ups) - good idea?

Thanks for that, i'll listen to it online now (i get shi_tty AM reception on my radio anyway).

And the SMS thing, great idea. It might cost you a fair bit though, especially with companies constantly raising prices of SMS's due to their popularity.

Originally posted by daddy_4_eyes
Yeah, don't you hate it? There's no radio coverage this week either! :mad:

I'm going to the Collingwood v WCE match next week, and maybe the Melbourne v WCE in rd4. So thats sort of solving the problem.

I'm camped in front of my computer coz I can't afford foxtel and there is no radio coverage

maybe I'll see you at the melbourne game though!!!

Originally posted by brampta
I'm camped in front of my computer coz I can't afford foxtel and there is no radio coverage

maybe I'll see you at the melbourne game though!!!

Yeah, i just discovered the same problem. They had a pre-match telecast. Sort of previewing the game, an interview with Siera, some expert predictions and analysis, and than it started playing weird music. At least the WCE official website is providing a live scoreboard.

If I go to the Melbourne game, I'll PM you with my phone number and we'll discuss a possible meeting. I'm still waiting to see if another bigfooty person is going or not.

originally posted by prized bitch

What a start to the coverage!!!
The tv station goes off air as soon as the ball is bounced and then it takes them the entire first quarter and then some to get the picture back and now we are waiting on sound.

Oh well at least we are currently kicking some docker butt!!!!!

not impressed
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back